Dispensaries in Colorado.

• Thread starter Rajabiji
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rajabiji

Hello Farmers.

If one were to travel to CO to see the new cannabis culture that has been in full effect since the turn of this year, where would be the ideal area to go? Do they have Medical/Recreational Dispensaries in the same city or county, or are they kept separate? I ask only because I would like to see both models in place. If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated... Holding our breath and waiting for November.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

You will not be allowed past the front door of a medical marijuana center. Only photo ID's with red cards. Some places are lazy in that area. Unless you know someone, don't expect to see any retail or medical grows. I am in the employee benefits industry and it has been difficult to meet the privacy requirements of those businesses to even get access to the employees or the grows.

There are a few places that are recreational only, and some places have both. Every shop I have been to that has recreational sales is insane busy. They are getting pretty good at moving people along, but it's easy to get frustrated when you plan to make a quick stop and the places have a dozen people in line.

CAM on broadway has some of the best flower, but they are fairly expensive (but worth it imo). The Livwell chain has a few shops and advertize in our local weekly, Westword. You might look there under 'Latest Word' and there are also links at the top of the page. The Denver Post has an marijuana editor or writer now I think.

Another monthly publication that would benefit you greatly is CannaPages.com, they have lists of rec/medical or both, they list places and their first-timer deals, coupons, etc. Be prepared to spend 25-50% more as a recreational user. Stay away from craigslist unless you have a verified legit post. Lots of scammers with nasty herb.

Be careful smoking. If a cop pulls you over, you can get busted for a DUID(drugs). If a cop asks then the last time you smoked was more than a day prior. If you admit to using within the last eight hours (city of Littleton) they will automatically arrest you for DUI, that's their threshold. The state patrol has a new motto: "Come on Vacation and Leave on Probation". Good luck, you'll have some fun.

Obviously your mileage may vary, but check out westword, weedmaps, or cannapages for decent deals and coupons.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

when they ask the last time you smoked the only answer out of anyones mouth EVER should be "yesterday".... easiest and most fool proof way of not getting yourself fucked over. oh that and a 4$ bottle of ozium for the car.

dont go to rec dispensaries, you'll be spending more for herb here with them than wherever you are in your home state, and unless you go to one of those two hour lines/140$ quarter places, the weed you get back home will probably be better too.

colorado sucks for tourists. cant even tell you how many times ive heard "fuck colorado weed sucks" "or they pay this shit for this shit?" lol. yeah, the industry is ruining it for all of us, but just so you know there are still home growers that have good weed, and refuse to let the bullshit of the industry bring down quality and respect for such. not on my c(l)ock lol. i rolled passed a rec spot the other day when there was a line and tossed out G bags of GSC and gg.... i was laughing so hard i was crying, it was amazing.

K

kuz

just look around, be willing to walk out of a shop if the bud dont look great. I think most the real bad shit is going out of state and getting twice as much as the primo here in state.

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

just look around, be willing to walk out of a shop if the bud dont look great. I think most the real bad shit is going out of state and getting twice as much as the primo here in state.
Lmfao! Look great....i returned an 1/8 cause it wasnt dried properly ............in humboldt. I buy for variety an it gotsta be on point with my skills, otherwise whats the point.

K

kuz

dont care where you are from, if you cant find any decent weed in a shop you just need to look a little harder. 14 years ago you might have had a point but things have changed.

K

kuz

I have heard of some people offering tours, pick you up at the airport, shuttle you to the shops and then go river rafting or some other tourist destination, stay in pot friendly motels, if they can find them.

BubbaG

BubbaG

Hello Farmers.

If one were to travel to CO to see the new cannabis culture that has been in full effect since the turn of this year, where would be the ideal area to go? Do they have Medical/Recreational Dispensaries in the same city or county, or are they kept separate? I ask only because I would like to see both models in place. If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated... Holding our breath and waiting for November.

I was in RiverRock the other day, was just killing time and I thought I would see what their wax looked like..... they were out of wax which is amazing as big as RR is.... anyways they have it set up with the counter split in half. One side is medical and the other side is recreational. I didn't think that was kosher but that's how it was.

Well this escalated quickly.

Lol no shit. This is my kinda place.

K

kuz

A lot of shops cant seem to keep shatter on the shelves. Saw a "no vaporizer" sign on the front door of a restaurant the other day.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

A lot of shops cant seem to keep shatter on the shelves. Saw a "no vaporizer" sign on the front door of a restaurant the other day.
I have also seen a smaller inventory of shatter the last couple of weeks.

Also, don't they require closed loop n-butane machines now? No more blasting cases of 5x in the garage.

Wildill

Wildill

Your right about the bad stuff going out of state I'm in a neighboring state all the stuff that I see that comes from Co is trash still wet and all.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Yup. The best stuff is still held close. When idiots arrive by the truck full throwing cash, they're bound to get scammed/ ripped off/ sold beasters as top shelf, etc. It's ridiculous how many times a week I get asked about pound prices. I laugh and say I wouldn't know.
Why the hell would we send our best out of state anyway?
No matter where you live, if you want top quality you're probably have to grow it yourself. Or pay an arm and a leg.

Wildill

Wildill

Yup. The best stuff is still held close. When idiots arrive by the truck full throwing cash, they're bound to get scammed/ ripped off/ sold beasters as top shelf, etc. It's ridiculous how many times a week I get asked about pound prices. I laugh and say I wouldn't know.
Why the hell would we send our best out of state anyway?
No matter where you live, if you want top quality you're probably have to grow it yourself. Or pay an arm and a leg.
Sounds about right I totally agree with you if want good smoke you half to grow it yourself what's messed up is there are still people paying a arm and leg for low grade too. There's so many cash croppers theses days I guess they think why grow a good product when your going to get the same amount of money for regardless. Maybe it's just me but I take pride in everything I grow.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Sounds about right I totally agree with you if want good smoke you half to grow it yourself what's messed up is there are still people paying a arm and leg for low grade too. There's so many cash croppers theses days I guess they think why grow a good product when your going to get the same amount of money for regardless. Maybe it's just me but I take pride in everything I grow.
When those guy
You are correct. This state is likely growing the majority of cannabis used in the west. When there is so much competition, crappy product and top shelf both go for the same, so why take the time instead of turning and burning? If the guy is paying the same, you're selling him the cheapest stuff you can make. They care about price and dryness. It's almost like bag appeal and smell don't matter. Frustrating.

miko

miko

I recommend finding a private caregiver who will meet you and share some meds.

The product at the rec shops was totally crap last month.
We stopped at 3 shops and all product smelled like Hay.. Just saying.. crap, and best of luck.

Look for a bit of 'Lemon Sour Diesel' if you can find it on the street. It is money.

Wildill

Wildill

When those guy

You are correct. This state is likely growing the majority of cannabis used in the west. When there is so much competition, crappy product and top shelf both go for the same, so why take the time instead of turning and burning? If the guy is paying the same, you're selling him the cheapest stuff you can make. They care about price and dryness. It's almost like bag appeal and smell don't matter. Frustrating.
What they don't care about smell and bag appeal that's crazy thats what makes people want to buy. It's funny because my buddy's tell me I have some of the best meds I can't take the credit for growing it so tell them Cali dispensary meds lol. Where I from all meds are the same so you hardly ever see any high grade on the streets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom