Disposing of spent water question

• Thread starter redog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redog

I've read in here that some hydro nutrients are harmful to watershed n some are organic nutes are not harmful.
Can anyone verify and if so what nutes mfg you recommend.
About as confusing as knowing which nutes formula works in ebb n flow and what works in DWC.Two different types of feeding.
I'll get it,someday,I hope.
Just seems like so much info to retain to get a good thing going.

N

Nuglover

Any unused nitrates are harmful in runoff near bodies of water. I always use plant runoff and excess nutes in my garden or just to fertilize my lawn.Most is used up that way.It would probably have to be a substantial amount to cause any noticable harm. Excess nitrates in runoff and storm water contribute to algae blooms that destroy coral reefs and have drastic impacts on other ecosystems. This is usually caused by large scale agriculture where huge amounts of synthetic chemical ferts are used. Small grows have almost no effect in my opinion. I don't know of any studies to substantiate it though.

S

snowkitty

I like putting it on my lawn and getting luscious grass. Don't drain your hydro nutes to an area where you don't want plant life...you'll get luscious weeds growing asap courtesy of all that delicious food.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Poured most of my waste water on my yard last year and never really noticed a difference. Had to lease a herd of goats this spring to keep up with the damn grass.

jj

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
hehehe I didn't know that:) Im telling T
lmao @ ol coot, nosy one as well:)

I have always wanted to use my nutrients from my res right before change out to water my special house plants and some outside plants.. Some have some sentimental value to me and I worry about frying them from the waste.

F

Fear

dont use kool bloom unless its time for sure but man it brought a 50 year old plant back to life probably hadn't flowered in years.

E

ENTYC

All I can say is my trees are awfully green in the front yard whenever I get looks I just say Im cleaning my fish tank which also seems to green up my trees

Top Bottom