Distance between vert lights for trees?

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey all - thanks in advance.

What distance do you keep between your verticals, center-to-center?

I realize this varies, maybe greatly. Curious what others' placements are, especially since lights for trees are probably within a range since the system (uc, mpb, soil, ebb, coco, nutes, etc) doesn't much change the PAR and how one spaces plants.

I'm looking to stack thousands, per most peoples advice here.
What size you running and how far are lights spaced?

Papa

Papa

Supporter
50" between thouies.
are people advising you to stack thousands?
what i'm most familiar with is thousands on certain centers, plus additional light from above and in the corners. it would be extremely difficult for me to stack two thousands and maintain my 50" centers.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

From what I understand about light spacing and tree's, it's very dependent on strain, and from what I can tell what system you are running as well. Right now I am in Coco and I am using this layout with 50" centers. I also run smaller plants around the outside lights. MrDizzle convinced me that by surrounding the bulb with plants you wouldn't be wasting light.
7 plant 8 light 50 inch 1
credit should go to widowmaker for the cad drawing

Papa

Papa

Supporter
From what I understand about light spacing and tree's, it's very dependent on strain, and from what I can tell what system you are running as well.

this is so right. . . . . and flip size.

when designing a grow room there are many factors to consider, and they all have an impact on one another. the better grower knows the balance of the different variable factors that are best for the factors that he may not be able to, or chooses not to, change.

i currently run about 60 watts of hps per sq. ft. in flower. i would love to run 80w/sq. ft. . . . . but i would have to increase my air conditioning, which would make it much more difficult to maintain the relative humidity that i desire. i would also have a greater radiant heat issue on the plants which i would have to find a way to resolve.

conversely, i've seen guys with heat issues who resolved them by increasing their centers . . . which they didn't realize then drops the amount of light the plant is getting . . . . and because the basic thing a grow room is doing is converting the energy of light into flowers . . . . less light equals less quality and quantity of flowers.

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
I run 60 in the system I use and am debating on 66 to 72 with a 1k on each corner and 1k overhead in the biggest reflector I can find for my new spot

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

From what I understand about light spacing and tree's, it's very dependent on strain, and from what I can tell what system you are running as well. Right now I am in Coco and I am using this layout with 50" centers. I also run smaller plants around the outside lights. MrDizzle convinced me that by surrounding the bulb with plants you wouldn't be wasting light. View attachment 344899credit should go to widowmaker for the cad drawing

Thanks, CelticEBE!! Good to see the drawings being used. :-)

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Wow....this is a blast from the past. Good to see you posting again @Widowmaker ! Here's a shot of one of the rooms on 50" centers.....
20140405 011711

J

Jalisco Kid

would all this depend on strain to and different wattage used?
Yes and the grower. Some can work in cramped places and produce. I prefer more larger centers but usually work with 5.5' centers.JK

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Depends on the plants and what the grower does with them. If you can make the plants mobile and the lights movable it would be best till you know what works best for you.

dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

the UCxxl13 has 40" centers and recommends 600 vert it just seems to close?

Top Bottom