Distillate...... Thoughts

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Screw that. At most I was getting 20g from 1.5lbs trim and wasting a lot of time. Out of the same 1.5lb trim I got (well my guy did), we got 64g of bho. It's a no brainer, bho will yield more as it removes most all the rosin, vs pressing leaves quite a bit left over.

Sold my press for 30.00 more than my initial investment.

D

dabarino

If buddy's got the gear and knows how to use it and you don't mind paying his price then by all means it sounds like a sweet deal.. I just wouldn't rush into something like that if you were buying the gear your self tho take your time do your research first or you may end up with something you regret buying lol that's never fun.. again just my 2 cents

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have 4 private caregivers, and 1 Warehouse grower i already do work for. I don't mind paying my guy at all. But I do like to keep things in-house, as well as all the proceeds.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

In my past experience using etoh or iso, my end result is a super thick taffy like result. Only occasionally I can get shatter. I believe I'm using too much material, vs the initial solvent. Thus causing a taffy return vs a shatter return. Even after a vac purge, the taffy just get thicker. With this setup, I can bypass paying my guy the 50%, and recoup my costs in about 10 months.

Pic 1 is Cannatonic 4 cbd HP cut flowers, broke down, qwiso wash for 30 seconds. Air dry, scraped and pressed into a thin slab. 52g material, half gallon iso. Winterized, and using frozen material and ice cold iso.

Pic 2 is trim ran many strains. Winterized, using frozen but previously dried material, and ice cold iso. Purged as well.View attachment 676668 View attachment 676669
BEAUTIFUL results!

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Screw that. At most I was getting 20g from 1.5lbs trim and wasting a lot of time. Out of the same 1.5lb trim I got (well my guy did), we got 64g of bho. It's a no brainer, bho will yield more as it removes most all the rosin, vs pressing leaves quite a bit left over.

Sold my press for 30.00 more than my initial investment.
Agree with you pressing Rosin out of trim is pointless.

What i fully intend to do with my grow

Trim

Bubble Hash then press what i can, then ISO to get what is left behind

Buds

Dry sift then press to Rosin then ISO to get what's left.

The ISO will be used as RSO, salves, abd edibles, abd vaping when Rosin runs low

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Exactly what was doing the last 3 runs. No one wants iso for dabbing. Not even for free. So I have to follow my.patienys and what the market demands. No use having a product that no one wants.

D

dabarino

you get what you pay for and that looks like junk. i wouldnt waste your hard earned dollars on that.
AI make good stuff even best value vacs has a decent cheap set up

and you know those 2 were designed with cannabis in mind

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

So a good friend of mine has a BS in chemistry. :) and said he wouldn't mind helping me.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

So a good friend of mine has a BS in chemistry. :) and said he wouldn't mind helping me.

cool...i have a masters in bs so i can bs you on most subjects :)
seriously.. if you do decide to go with a short path head setup..make sure your mantle has a magnetic stir bar to control bumping and pid temp control..1 liter size is perfect and will run about 6 bones and is worth every cent..the chiller can be replaced with a pond pump and a garbage can full of water and you will need some form of cold trap to slow the dilution of your vac oil
best advice i can give is don't buy anything until you have solid map of what exactly you want to build

fwiw

D

dabarino

the chiller can be replaced with a pond pump and a garbage can full of water
I figured since there really is not much cooling agent going into the head that you didn't need to spend thousands of dollars on a chiller.. garbage can full of ice water and a ecoplus pump should do the job you say? Have you tried that? If so that's good to know

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I figured since there really is not much cooling agent going into the head that you didn't need to spend thousands of dollars on a chiller.. garbage can full of ice water and a ecoplus pump should do the job you say? Have you tried that? If so that's good to know
Yes that woukd work very nicely

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

This stuff is potent. Little dab will do ya for sure. Holy shit is this stuff potent for sure. Did half size my usual rosin or bho dab and was blown out.

This deffinately would be my go-to for immediate emergency relief of pains and such. Hmmm, a drawer full.of vials of terps. Gg4, mob boss, darlins net, chaos, strawberries n cream (already smokes/tastes like fruity pebbles cereal).

Got it on some ptfe film. Still sticks to that. Transfer to silicone mat. Much better. This was 1 pass. It's pretty thick in the center of the slab.

20170312 205102
20170312 205135

K

kief sweat

This stuff is potent. Little dab will do ya for sure. Holy shit is this stuff potent for sure. Did half size my usual rosin or bho dab and was blown out.

This deffinately would be my go-to for immediate emergency relief of pains and such. Hmmm, a drawer full.of vials of terps. Gg4, mob boss, darlins net, chaos, strawberries n cream (already smokes/tastes like fruity pebbles cereal).

Got it on some ptfe film. Still sticks to that. Transfer to silicone mat. Much better. This was 1 pass. It's pretty thick in the center of the slab.

View attachment 678559 View attachment 678560

demontrich,
did you end up giving that run to your guy to process into distillate or did you purchase a setup with the ecopump/garbage can?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Gave the garbage back to my guy. He turned into distillate. In talks with greywolf about a proper short path kit that's not garbage .

Top Bottom