DIY auto drain controller???

• Thread starter Sirius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I think this is what you are after but not sure what the cost on it is. Apparently it turns itself on and then off is no water is detected. Intellipump

J

Jalisco Kid

That thing cost 160 bucks with no pump and could be replaced with a sump pump. Why do you need a bunch of them? JK
Any techies out there help me figure this out? i would like to make a bunch of these at low cost.... I think you all can see how handy these things can come in...

http://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=549&navid=55

i was thinking of using an electronic sump pump... but those are pretty expensive too..

H

hailo

Any techies out there help me figure this out? i would like to make a bunch of these at low cost.... I think you all can see how handy these things can come in...

http://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=549&navid=55

i was thinking of using an electronic sump pump... but those are pretty expensive too..

It took a day of medicating...then it dawned on me like a ton of bricks....

Cabelas or West Marine will have something called automatic "bilge" pumps...the float is in the pump ~$50

They will also have float switches and other accesories

Hope this helps...

EDIT: I forgot these are 12V...but a PSU will take care of that...

J

Jalisco Kid

That 12v float sw would work fine on 120vac, though sump pumps have them built in already. JK
It took a day of medicating...then it dawned on me like a ton of bricks....

Cabelas or West Marine will have something called automatic "bilge" pumps...the float is in the pump ~$50

They will also have float switches and other accesories

Hope this helps...

EDIT: I forgot these are 12V...but a PSU will take care of that...

S

Sirius

they got sump pumps on ebay for less than 50 bucks.. just going to throw these in some buckets... jk, i need a few of them for multiple locations... doing drip to waste in big bags of coco... also need them for my flood tables because im going to be running four of them off one giant rez... and i need a controller bucket... thanks for your help bro!

Top Bottom