Diy Cabinet From Recycled Wood Coco Grow

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This grow I have to finish just with the Marrs Hydro model TSW2000.
They believed it was a novel approach to have a Cannabis patient who was a priest do a medical grow. So I got the light from them in return for a journal. But, looking at the grows you guy's have it seems like a no brainer. Unless they send me another light which they won't.

Next run now you and @MIMedGrower , have me convinced on the CMH.

I like the phillips 3100k i have combined with the hortilux 600 super hps best so far.

But it has long been known that 2 hps to 1 mh is the key to quality and yield. Fuller spectrum but still heavy in reds.

Only the newest led lamps offer that kind of spectrum. The 2700k ones with the supplemental red diodes.

And the efficiency of the cmh is as high as all the cheaper led. Only the newest led has double the efficiency of hps. Cmh is like 1.5x hps efficiency.

Mostly all the lights work fine. It is more important to be sure of proper coverage.

What costs more is reliability with good parts. So i bought top of the line hps stuff when the prices went down and it all works fine 5 years later. Well needed new bulbs every 10 months or so.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You're very welcome sir. I've been using the original 315 bulb 12 hrs/day since 2-12-17 minus a few months each summer. I have two because I wanted to have a spare for when it finally goes out. I'm still waiting. I guess it puts out a lot of uv which is supposed to help with the frost. The plants put out more trichomes as a kind of sunscreen to protect themselves from the uv. (just hearsay, I haven't proven it)

Phillips says 2 years before major degradation. According to my cheap light meter and my eyes mine had degraded after a year noticably. I am shooting for an 18 month replacement schedule.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I like the phillips 3100k i have combined with the hortilux 600 super hps best so far.

But it has long been known that 2 hps to 1 mh is the key to quality and yield. Fuller spectrum but still heavy in reds.

Only the newest led lamps offer that kind of spectrum. The 2700k ones with the supplemental red diodes.

And the efficiency of the cmh is as high as all the cheaper led. Only the newest led has double the efficiency of hps. Cmh is like 1.5x hps efficiency.

Mostly all the lights work fine. It is more important to be sure of proper coverage.

What costs more is reliability with good parts. So i bought top of the line hps stuff when the prices went down and it all works fine 5 years later. Well needed new bulbs every 10 months or so.
Sounds good. I will be ordering some of the far red pucks to try out soon.
https://www.amazon.com/Far-Red-LED-...1?keywords=far+red+puck&qid=1579127375&sr=8-1

Farmer P

Farmer P

Phillips says 2 years before major degradation. According to my cheap light meter and my eyes mine had degraded after a year noticably. I am shooting for an 18 month replacement schedule.
My light meter will be arriving tomorrow. I'll measure my bulb I'm using now then swap it out and measure the new one the next day and post up the results. I'ts just a lux meter, but It should give me some idea I would guess.
https://www.amazon.com/URCERI-Illum...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

I got the day off today to go with my wife to her first doctor checkup for the pregnancy. We got to hear the heartbeat at 181 beats per minute. All good so far! Ultrasound next friday.
That's great congrats to both of you. One of the most beautiful miracles is a baby. 👐🎊🎉🎉🎉🎉🎊

Farmer P

Farmer P

Sup Farmers, I got a really cool day 5 update. I got my light meter in and figured out some info on my lighting with the 315. The last run I never adjusted the light height at all and I ran the scrogg net so I know now almost exactly how much light they got. I took readings all around my box and wrote down the numbers. They were taken with the door open so I'm sure they would be a little higher if it was closed. It looks like I was getting at net level about 14 to 16 thousand lux. I noticed that every inch I raise the meter the lux goes up about one thousand. My buds were only 3 to 5 inches above the net so I figure they were getting about 20K at the tops and 15ish at the net. From what I've read that is not a lot of light so I'll probably move closer next time, although the buds that made it above were pretty fat. I also cranked up the quantum and at 15 inches I get 20K lux and with the low heat they put off I could easily put them that close maybe even a lot closer. When I change out that old bulb I'll do the experiment again.
The last run is still hanging whole. I put some plastic bags around them to slow the dry and put hygrometers inside. Right now they are at 60RH.
I also transplanted the little succulent, it looks like it's gonna turn purple. I put it in some FFOF in a 32 oz planter. Some Pics:

New meter
Meter technique
Lux Readings
Last crop
Day 5
Succulent
Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Sup Farmers, I got a really cool day 5 update. I got my light meter in and figured out some info on my lighting with the 315. The last run I never adjusted the light height at all and I ran the scrogg net so I know now almost exactly how much light they got. I took readings all around my box and wrote down the numbers. They were taken with the door open so I'm sure they would be a little higher if it was closed. It looks like I was getting at net level about 14 to 16 thousand lux. I noticed that every inch I raise the meter the lux goes up about one thousand. My buds were only 3 to 5 inches above the net so I figure they were getting about 20K at the tops and 15ish at the net. From what I've read that is not a lot of light so I'll probably move closer next time, although the buds that made it above were pretty fat. I also cranked up the quantum and at 15 inches I get 20K lux and with the low heat they put off I could easily put them that close maybe even a lot closer. When I change out that old bulb I'll do the experiment again.
The last run is still hanging whole. I put some plastic bags around them to slow the dry and put hygrometers inside. Right now they are at 60RH.
I also transplanted the little succulent, it looks like it's gonna turn purple. I put it in some FFOF in a 32 oz planter. Some Pics:

If I knew half as much about herb as you and @MIMedGrower do I'd be pulling a pound off each plant.
But I do know succulents and that is a beauty.

Srenots

Srenots

cool, looking at those readings, it brings up an excellent tip... make sure your light is level

Farmer P

Farmer P

If I knew half as much about herb as you and @MIMedGrower do I'd be pulling a pound off each plant.
But I do know succulents and that is a beauty.

Aww Shucks. I'm still sorta green, only been at it a few years. I consider it a super compliment to be lumped in with MIMed, but I have a long way to go to get to that level of experience. Thanks!

cool, looking at those readings, it brings up an excellent tip... make sure your light is level

Good Idea, I will double check that today. Some of those numbers did seem a little off. At first I was thinking the sensor was pointing away maybe, but I did try aiming it and still got the same numbers. I was thinking maybe it is just some anomaly from the bulb.

I took my meters to my friend's house to test the atreum 288's. They are putting out twice the lux of my 120's. (These aren't the real names of the boards, but the number of diodes per board) He was at 40,000 lux at 15 inches. I also brought the Kill-a-Watt and he is using about twice the power so I guess it makes sense. He's running two drivers with two boards on each and using 560 watts total from the wall. He's growing one plant of dream catcher. (different pheno than mine) He was running just two boards in there until two days ago when he added the other two. He's using coco with nothing but dry amendments and PH tap water. He had a couple set backs, but it looks frosty as hell and is starting to swell up. Looking at his quantums is what made me decide to get some.

20200116 201743 HDR1
20200116 2018511
Farmer P

Farmer P

Hey I only been growing for 6 years. I been around a bit longer though.
I try to look for the guys that are doing what I want to do and soak up what I can from them. I've seen a lot of your work here and on roll it up. I never joined roll it up but I have read a lot and also ic mag and others. I've been recently going back and re-reading old threads from some of the best looking grows I can find. Jackmayoffer threads have a lot of great info. Those 6 oz plants of yours give me something to shoot for and keep me studying. Great job.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Aww Shucks. I'm still sorta green, only been at it a few years. I consider it a super compliment to be lumped in with MIMed, but I have a long way to go to get to that level of experience. Thanks!

Good Idea, I will double check that today. Some of those numbers did seem a little off. At first I was thinking the sensor was pointing away maybe, but I did try aiming it and still got the same numbers. I was thinking maybe it is just some anomaly from the bulb.

I took my meters to my friend's house to test the atreum 288's. They are putting out twice the lux of my 120's. (These aren't the real names of the boards, but the number of diodes per board) He was at 40,000 lux at 15 inches. I also brought the Kill-a-Watt and he is using about twice the power so I guess it makes sense. He's running two drivers with two boards on each and using 560 watts total from the wall. He's growing one plant of dream catcher. (different pheno than mine) He was running just two boards in there until two days ago when he added the other two. He's using coco with nothing but dry amendments and PH tap water. He had a couple set backs, but it looks frosty as hell and is starting to swell up. Looking at his quantums is what made me decide to get some.
That's a beautiful setup you have going there.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I try to look for the guys that are doing what I want to do and soak up what I can from them. I've seen a lot of your work here and on roll it up. I never joined roll it up but I have read a lot and also ic mag and others. I've been recently going back and re-reading old threads from some of the best looking grows I can find. Jackmayoffer threads have a lot of great info. Those 6 oz plants of yours give me something to shoot for and keep me studying. Great job.

Thanks man. Really appreciated. :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom