DIY JLP's Male Isolation Chamber

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chappie

Should the fan be drawing fresh air in, or exhausting air out? And does it matter which side the filter is on? In other words, it could be:

- Pushing air through the filter into the box
- Pulling air through the filter and into the box

or

- Pushing air through the filter and out of the box
- Pulling air through the filter and out of the box

Which of these configurations is best?

C

chappie

I ask because the original post says:

"Make sure the fan is pulling air through the filter,not pushing."

But then it calls the other hole an "intake", when it would actually be an "exhaust" because of the positive pressure inside the box, correct?

I'm about to build this thing, so quick clarification is appreciated.

Onespark

Onespark

I ask because the original post says:

"Make sure the fan is pulling air through the filter,not pushing."

But then it calls the other hole an "intake", when it would actually be an "exhaust" because of the positive pressure inside the box, correct?

I'm about to build this thing, so quick clarification is appreciated.

I see what you are saying. He does say to pull the air in to the box through the filter via the fan. This would make the side filter an "exhaust". That's how I am setting it up. This came to me at the perfect time :)

H

happy b

Killer! How do you water without disrupting the pollen? Anybody design it to auto drip with a tube?
I saw one one seafour made and he added a tube that ran sraight to the soil so he didnt have to open the box and diturb the pollen.dont have a link to it though but it willl probably come up if you search threads on male isolation chamber.same principal but done a bit better.

jlr42024

jlr42024

Nice alternative for guys like me with limited space and that are sick of culling decent males!

H

happy b

Seafours version is on the new posts line up right now.his is a bit better but looks harder to make.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Good video @Chili Bu also how is the box working for you ?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
very nice have to do a follow up video when you collect pollen..:)

Chili Bu

Chili Bu

very nice have to do a follow up video when you collect pollen..:)

will do
he is only a week in so it'll be a bit yet, the tube I've used for feeding is an actual feeding tube for our reptiles when they get ill.
Using a 60ml syringe with it that filled up 10x gives a little over half a litre of food/water.
I'm going by leaf droop as when to water other then that things are cherry with the set up.

Hope to be making a vid on air layering sometime this week and will post to my youggle+tubes and on my profile here or on a thread pertaining to that topic.

Appreciate your comments and interest.
take care,
Chili Bu

shemshemet

shemshemet

CLARIFICATON

Replying to the old posters about the airflow.

You are pulling air from the box ---> through the filter ---> through the fan ---> out the box
Air is then forced in through the passive intake

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
When I do my runs I just pull the air through an intake filter from the bottom then at the top through an exhaust filter and then fan pulling air into the bloom room. I had no problems With the pollen escaping.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/homemade-male-isolation-chamber.72400/

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Poor little guys, they need room to spread their stems.

Great idea on the small chamber. I am a open pollinating kind of guy in greenhouses, but this is a great idea.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Poor little guys, they need room to spread their stems.

Great idea on the small chamber. I am a open pollinating kind of guy in greenhouses, but this is a great idea.
It helps me do everything in a very small area. So far I have made a few creations with it. iScream, Mango Blast , Mellow mood are a few I named so far. Still a long ways to go.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@Og Gong iScream? Mellow Mood? Great names. Glad it's been working for you.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
@Og Gong iScream? Mellow Mood? Great names. Glad it's been working for you.
iScream is Dark Horse's male Bruce banner 1.0 X Bog's sour strawberry "Creme Pheno".
Mello Mood is a different sour strawberry cbd pheno female X Bruce Banner 1.0 male
Mango Blast is Bruce Banner 1.0 male X Mangi Tango female.

Latest posts

Top Bottom