Diy motorized damper?

• Thread starter bakershredhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bakershredhead

I was going to renovate my shop which is 24x24 and run 20kw bare bulb but I don't think my 200 amp service will be enough. So I'm thinking of building two rooms 12x24 each and using my prexisting split 3.5 ton a/c, with a motorized damper so it can cool each room when the lights are on. This will save me a bit of cash as I've already got a custom flip box from Olyver (thanks buddy) and all of my ballast taken care of. I'm wondering if anyone can help in building the motorized damper as Excel air wants 2300 for there unit. It seems that the material should be only 300 to 400. I could be way off but I looked at 12 inch motorized dampers and there only 70 a piece. I know there also another part of the unit but 2300 seems pretty steep. Am I missing something here?

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

This is a great idea imo, I've been wanting to do this so I can save on home heating costs, rerouting my light loop back into ducting system by electric damper. Why not just buy the 70 a piece one instead of the 2300?

B

bakershredhead

Well the system has four dampers. Two for intake of both rooms and two for the exhaust(cold air) into the rooms. I believe there's also a T-stat and a slave damper relay which is what controls the damper. Also a top and bottom plenum that you can have any hvac place custom make for you for not to much. I'm pretty sure I can figure it out just was hoping an expert would chime in.

bobby

bobby

What you need to create 2 zones.

1. Honeywell Zone Controller
2. Relays
3. 2 Dampers for the Supply
4. 2 Dampers for the Returns
5. 2 Thermostats, 1 for each room.

This should be somewhere in the area of like $700

Top Bottom