DIY - Over, Under, Sideways, Down...Sky High builds an Under Current knockoff

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Post number 274 and a couple other post also state its not recomended....I thought it was recomended.....

R

RMCG

I think he meant no Zone with that nute line. Organics/Live Res.

Zone kills everything dead and is perfectly suited to the UC with a sterile res.

F

fido

You can not run a rcdwc and not do rez changes without doing leaf and water samples. You would have no clue what is going on. It will unbalance your nute intake,some macos/minor elements need each other for better uptake.

SH I would run that system hot with some naccosan for a few days,then water for 1 day to flush well. I would then had some bennies to your nutes.

marked as important info
thanks jk

fido

bubkush

bubkush

Skyhi you"ll recoup in about 2 seconds, i am sure of this..Patience my friend,and "HELL YEA",rock that mo fo skyhi.. Cheers Bro!!! Great thread..

G

grinkeeper

I dont know how I missed out on this thread.. such a great resource..
I just picked up two pondmaster ap40 for my 8 site waterfarm..I plan on doing a bunch of mods.. who knows might scrap it and build an UC clone..machine..

any one know where to source out well priced square buckets with hinged lide like UC uses..

also what the general consensus on air stones.. I have used lots of different kinds but am considering buying glass bead style.. or the 4" ceramic discs from ebay

sky high

sky high

I covered the UC up with plywood and did a coco run after the root rot :rain on my UC parade. A few weeks ago I felt a second wind come through and decided to give it all another shot.

It's been a damn slow of it to get goin'...but I finally got a few clones to root (after 3 fuckin' weeks...sheesh) and just finished filling the system to check for leaks/smoothe operation/etc... so hopefully in a few more weeks I'll have something to show >plantwise< in this bitch.

There have been a ton of threads on the UC since I mothballed this bitch. Talk of live res's...bennnies....etc..etc..etc. Gotta be honest that I haven't really kept up....

Gonna run Chemdog D this go. It's the only plant I currently have in house that I think will chunk nicely. I reconfigured the system...staggering the buckets and narrowing the footprint so I can run some soil/organic plants in this room @ the same time. On the last runs with the UC she basically took up the entire room.... and because of that and the vertical lighting I think I was spreading the light too thin.

This go there are 3 Ochos/3- 1k's. The reflectors are inline..damn near touching end to end. The space, once I make a sidecurtain, will be 5 ft wide x 9 ft. Buckets are 26" triangulated centers....and 36" inline. Gonna go for less tree-like growth and more of a canopy.....at least that's the plan. LOL. :worried

the other side of the room will be 2K for organics/soil....

UC6staggered
winta

winta

hope all goes well wit this run bro! cant wait to see the Chemdog D as a super tree :)

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

this thread was one of the main reasons I decided I wanted to use this system, and I'm totally stoked to see you taking another stab at it!

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

this thread also made me choose to do a diy UC excellent work and truly inspiring

sky high

sky high

Then...um....I sure hope I don't fuck it all up >>again<<.......LOL

I've babied 6 Chemdog D's into the big mesh baskets and am now waiting on roots to pop out before sitting em into the UC. Might be a few weeks before that happens...

Good luck with your DIY systems, guys!

s h

sky high

sky high

Gettin' ready to load the UC with the Chemdog D.......but thought I'd share some pics of a round I just did with her (and Miss Colorado Blueberry) in some Vermi-soil charged with Biorush, bone/blood meal, and bat guano...

they just WOULDN'T STOP GROWING. Took em today @ 13 weeks!!!

AWWww
AwwWwa
AwWw
Aww
sky high

sky high

Thanks for the kind words/words about >the kind<, compadres!

All-in-all....the average per plant ended up tippin things @ right around a QP/.6 gram per watt.

Not bad for a "dump and run" all-organic garden that gets >absolutely< no love/is only visited every 10 days or so. Definitely less yield than hydro but my, oh my.... what a bouquet. The BB is already super-tasty but grown in soil/organic it just takes it over the top.

sky high

sky high

THANKS for all of the replies and input on this thread along the way, fellow Farmers!

But..... I've headed back to dirt farmin'....so the UC is history here @ The Ranch.

Anybody in CO need some 13g buckets? LOL

s h

Top Bottom