DIY - Over, Under, Sideways, Down...Sky High builds an Under Current knockoff

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

Ive been playing around with trimming, I was removing most inside site that arent going to get light, last round I plucked and trimmed on day 8 of flower with great results.

this round I took one plant, 2 days before flip and literally stripped it almost bare with fan leaves and left every single budsite on it. Im going to do a pluck/thin on day 8 on 2 plants and a pluck on days 21 with two plant and compare the results

M

mrdizzle

Im not sure if you have cages on in there but depending on how you want the shape of the plant to be, I train alot of branches down and thru my cages to bush the plant out, I was able to keep this batch of blackberrys about 3.5ft tall so the 1000wer resting between plants is hitting the whole plant. it depends on your plant spacing, which Im sure you realize by now could be a ft or more further apart

sky high

sky high

Celtic....

Could be a nice find there. From a quick glance...if it were me....I'd probably figure out a way to cut the hole (this is with 6 or 8") and then try to whittle off that ridge where the lip of the pot rests...trying to get it all flat. Lately I think the roots on my plants are large enough to keep em stable...but there was a time period in there where the plants were top-heavy and I was wondering if they'd topple on me/etc. I even spun a few of em 180 just to see if it could be done without rippin roots and killin plants.... it can. LOL. In the end, I don't think there's as much concern with weight and the pot faliing through (the intergrity of the lid should still be OK, IMO) as there is with somethin tippin over with help from that ridge....

6 or 8" should do you OK. I went with 8 cus they fit the lid OK.

Thanks Dizzle. Yeah...I may work on the spacing a bit...
We shall see. I have an idea in mind that I need to toss around a bit once I get these ladies outta here.

No cages this go. They squatted and went FAT... 4 ft across on most. if not a bit more...and 3 ft tall or so. With the overhead rack and ther yo-yo's things went pretty well. It will e interesting to see your experiment unfold and what you find about the trimming methods you gave them.

lights are about to come on.... off I go....

thanks

s h

M

mrdizzle

how did you get the yo-yo's to hook to the cages, the only yo-yo's I can find have hooks that are practically closed, the only thing that I could hook them too would be fishing line or something extremely thin

sky high

sky high

I hung green plastic "construction" fencing from the pvc rack and they clipped right onto it, Mr Dizzle. I also used zip ties and regular twine and it has worked well.

s h

t.o.med

t.o.med

celtic- i used a 10 inch net pot with the suncast bin cut it out free hand with a utility knife worked fine.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Anyone know of what is the largest net pot with lid is for this UC application????

F

FileError404

Trimming solo? That's no fun...I like trimming parties :) But I know, not always an option...

Will you cut them down as you trim, meaning cut one down, trim it, then go to the next or will you cut them all at once? I think you'll need a full 24 hours per plant of solo hand trimming. ( Maybe I'm just slow :D )

Spin-pro is obviously out but I heard good things about the Bonsai Hero. Will get a set next harvest.

Awesome show, congrats on the bounty!

sky high

sky high

I'll cut em as i go. I hate trimming dried/partially dried plant material.

Yeah, trimming solo kinda sucks.....but draggin a buncha folks over with their hands out for freebies also sucks. i'm also a stickler for the trim....and some folks...well...they just SUCK at trimmin'!

While they are easy...all of the trimmed buds i see look like buzzed off crap. I hate it when everything looks the same...

to each their own though....

s h

audius

audius

im with you sky,ill do it myself,last time i had help some buds just got hacked.note to self,never let the wife clip,,

B

BavarianFarmer

This is pure awesomeness!! I'm doing the same thing pretty much, but found a cheaper place (shipping wise) for the same buckets. One question is how much are the net pots sagging in the lids from the weight of those fat lady's? I was thinking if I should use some thick plexiglass or something instead. I'm also going to going to try the threaded pipe route... This thread is inspiring since it's exactly what I was planning on doing and then i was pointed to here. Thanks man!!
Bavarian Farmer

sky high

sky high

The Urkle's and KKSC's I had goin in the 2 gal pots are down, MediMary.

1 of the 3 Urkle/White's is exceptionally nice. Dank and tasty. Dunno what flavor it is. Hard to peg....but believe me...she's a tasty girl.

ditto the KKSC. 1 the of 4 is very berry/dank/jarred seperately from the rest.

I have a clone of the PU but I lost track of which plant it came from so I will just have to wait and see if I got lucky and cloned the dank bitch. None of it is slouch weed...it's just that these 2 phenos stand out from the rest in smell/taste. I have 25 PU/White seeds left and 6-7 KKSC's so I will run these again, for sure.

Another rave from the Ranch..... the BUBBLE from these plants (I mixed the trim) is EXCEPTIONAL. The shit is a reddish/brown.....earwax deluxe.... and soooo soooo stoney. Then there's the taste....

Glad I only paid $100 a pack for em after seein the recent auctiooooon actiooooon.... Good God. Ah....but I digress! (drags toe in dirt...looks at the sky.... yup...W.C. Feilds was right)

Meanwhile...back @ the Ranch...... the Colorado Blueberry is on day 80. 20 days of flush.

Still awaiting the amber show. Seeing lotsa clear and cloudy and purple trichs...but the amber is taking it's sweet time. Either way.....they are frostin' up and getting more bouquet everyday. YUM.

one more drain/refill of the res with fresh water and a few more days of hangin out should tell the tale.....

s h

Nono 117
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Damn bro... Great job sky high! Def one of the sickest DIY's and grow journal... Should be a sticky IMHO. :itwasntme

sky high

sky high

85 days of love. 25 or so of those in flush mode.

They are really comin in now. Clear, cloudy, amber, red and purp....

Get yer ukelele out :character0111:and yer Tiny tim wig and sing along with me!

"come tiptoe
through the trichomes
in the HID light
and get all goo-ooo-ey

Come tiptoe
through the trichomes
with me"

Nono 125
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
amazing grow log - great DIY and 25 days of flush in water based system that should be very tasty stuff!

oh yeah and the buds look incredible!

Top Bottom