DIY Shelves For Grow Tent

• Thread starter Misanthrope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

I'm setting up a new grow tent and am trying to think ahead and I thought of shelves. I found some 3D printed gimmicks online but I enjoy the challenge of repurposing shit around the house. Between zip ties and duct tape I feel I should be able to MacGuyver up something ugly but serviceable yet I'm drawing a blank. I'm not thinking of anything heavy duty or plant-supporting, just for odds and ends that are used on a daily basis. Anybody figure something out for their own setups or have any ideas?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'm setting up a new grow tent and am trying to think ahead and I thought of shelves. I found some 3D printed gimmicks online but I enjoy the challenge of repurposing shit around the house. Between zip ties and duct tape I feel I should be able to MacGuyver up something ugly but serviceable yet I'm drawing a blank. I'm not thinking of anything heavy duty or plant-supporting, just for odds and ends that are used on a daily basis. Anybody figure something out for their own setups or have any ideas?
don’t do that

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have several shelves outside of my tents that I keep everything I need in arms reach. Mine are the cheap plastic variety that I found at Menards. If you have cats and an abundance of those square 35lb kitty litter buckets, you could use duck tape to build a storage cube by taping those together. Bricks and boards are another idea for making a simple shelf.

Edit: Like @GNick55 is getting at ... shelves don't belong inside your tent.

E

elusiveshame

Keep all your tools and things you need daily out of there. Once your plants grow, you’re likely to run out of usable space much quicker, or you won’t be able to easily get to what you need without disturbing your plants.

Only thing that should be in the tent is your humidity controlling stuff (humidifier/dehumidifier), some fans, and a filter (unless you want to set that up outside the tent), and plants.

Just my $0.02 on it.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Tent space fills rapidly as the plants grow, so I reserve as much space in the tent for the plants as possible. Shelves to raise and lower the plants would be helpful, though.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Keep all your tools and things you need daily out of there. Once your plants grow, you’re likely to run out of usable space much quicker, or you won’t be able to easily get to what you need without disturbing your plants.

Only thing that should be in the tent is your humidity controlling stuff (humidifier/dehumidifier), some fans, and a filter (unless you want to set that up outside the tent), and plants.

Just my $0.02 on it.
Even my dehumidifier is outside of my tents. I have multiple tents in the same large room and I condition the air in the room and then the conditioned air is drawn into the tents through the ventilation. In my tent, I have pole fans and tower fans, and sensors hanging down into the canopy and plants. That's it. Like at @elusiveshame said, you'll run out of room rather quickly.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Nope, dont do that, keep everything outside the tent(s) no need for stuff falling on plants and breaking stuff. I have an old armoire i keep all my grow stuff in.

E

elusiveshame

Even my dehumidifier is outside of my tents. I have multiple tents in the same large room and I condition the air in the room and then the conditioned air is drawn into the tents through the ventilation. In my tent, I have pole fans and tower fans, and sensors hanging down into the canopy and plants. That's it. Like at @elusiveshame said, you'll run out of room rather quickly.
The more you can have outside the tent, the better for sure!

I have a tiny dehumidifier for my 2x4 which sits in there, but it’s shorter than the grow bags so it’ll never get in the way.

I also have 2 humidifiers in my 4x4, but that’s because of poor planning on my part 😅 (I don’t think they’ll get in the way, though)

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Lol...since the response is overwhelmingly unanimous, I'll defer to the wisdom of the OG's. For the record, I lucked into a free 8'x4' tent which is way more room than I need. I liked the idea of having everything grow related contained within the tent but as I said, I'll take everyone's advice. Thanks for the quick replies!

Top Bottom