Good point Jalisco, I burned once for 15 mins and a second time a few days later for 30 mins. I will stop till harvest. No sence adding an unpleasant taste. thanks for the tip!
GREAT IDEA!! COULD NOT BE ANY EASIER!! THE PROBLEM I SEEM TO BE HAVING IS LOCATING A PLACE TO PURCHASE THE SULPHUR. CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT?:mad0233:
On sulfur "burning", this university publication has all you could want to know about sulfur vaporization and PM control http://ipm.illinois.edu/diseases/rpds/611.pdf As you can see, all you need is a tin can and a 60 watt light bulb! Note that the highly toxic sulfur dioxide is formed if you burn, not vaporize, the sulfur. I am finding that a sulfur and wetting agent spray, Safer Garden Fungicide, works well to suppress PM, and is not very expensive. I'll go to the somewhat smelly sulfur only as a last resort.