diy vacuum pruge station

• Thread starter Glab120
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indonesia

indonesia

Good looking shatt boys. i usually run 108 for 8 hours. Everyone around here likes the glassssss

Glab120

Glab120

Sooo........ Drunk last night me and my partner in"crime" chopped into a beer Keg and we made the first (mini monster) rig!!! Using his 6cfm pump we purged 42 grams in about 3 hours.

The rig we built was sorta ghetto looking so I Dont wanna show it off yet... However were switching to the smaller beer kegs instead of 55g ss drums( it's way cheaper this way).
Here's about 5g of the last run.

killemsoftly

killemsoftly

awesome dudes!!! i did a couple runs of bho. turned out great BUT even with triple refined butane....my lungs r too important. this is the sh$t. great minds think alike glab 120: i'm gonn do a small keg too. i have a really good welder i go to. i have a question: has anyone thoughgt of running a still to get your own cost effective grain alcohol? i'm thinking ov getting the large keg so i can distill my own 95% alcohol. then i wash my shake 2 times. reduce it. run it through the vacuum distiller. voila cheap.but not easy. then again i'd prolly only need to run the still once or twice a year. i might be being impractical here n making a shitload of work. the mad scientist in me says yes. hard to ignore him sometimes. btw, who's the critic? (looks like the temps were too high? give it a rest). respect glab. gracias

shawnskush

shawnskush

Suh-weeet man!!

Damn, yeaaaaahh some serious oiling there brother.

If you can figure a means of pulling off 100 gram + runs, please share your experience!!

I've seem some ounces of oil, but 100 + in one batch is pushing the envelope...

Bend that fucking envelope brother!!!

You will probably be good with about 8-10 gallon vessel, I recommend investing into a Yellow Jacket for your Vacuum desires.

They are top of the line in HVAC industry.

They are worth every penny IMO, from personal testimonials from my” virtual” BHO brethren across different forums.

If you want a pump that will do ounces of oil and that pump to last, go with Yellow Jacket.

Even used, these pumps are coveted in the HVAC industry.

My apologies if you are already aware of this.
Good luck, God Speed...

Seriously, please I wanna see!!

Edit: You will need a gigantic surface area to purge that properly...

Maybe a glass door type deal???
Dayyummm, I would do 50 grams at a time bro.

I see some problems with that big of a batch.

Not to mention...

What if something were to go wrong on that giant batch??
Hard to cope with the loss of a QP of oil.

Please do not take this as criticism or discouragement...

I speak with genuine concern bro. Hate to see something go wrong on a that big of an investment.

It may take longer, but I suggest doing about one ounce of finished oil at a time, much more manageable.
Maybe build yourself multiple chambers, maybe each grower invests in a good pump to correlate with said chambers???
I do 100gram plus batches in a 3 gal chamber on the regular. a 55 gallon drum seems a bit excessive to me....

Glab120

Glab120

I do 100gram plus batches in a 3 gal chamber on the regular. a 55 gallon drum seems a bit excessive to me....

I agree... I tried cutting a beer keg in half to like 15 gallons but that was a bitch... So I'm not sure if will do that agian.

The stuff I photoed before might have gotten a lil hot...I'm not sure, I was a lil drunk. It was gooey for like a week then waxed up.

Full.Melt

Full.Melt

@Glab120 i just got myself a robinar 1.5 cfm.will this work ok? i know it will take a bit longer to purge,but how much longer?

Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

Well, if I didn't feel like a noob before, I do now... but in a really good kinda way.
Think~ *KidInCandyShop*

You fine people have taught this new kid more in 8 pages than I've been able to learn on my own through months of searches.
(Helps to know where the adults hang out. *wink* )
So, that having been said, THANK YOU!!! For your lessons, pics, wisdoms, & mass of info. I promise to use my knowledge for good.
...Reeeeal good.
:cat:

O

oilguru12

no heat just vacuum, or at least thats the closest i have come keep the oil in a thinner layer, nice way to finish it off. just ran my Waxtractor with amazing results if you haven't seen this thing check it out
does anybody have advice on how to make that super dry looking honycomb wax. I only stop purging once i have a completly stabel product at whatever temp im running it at, for an oil or shatter i only heat to 120 degrees and for wax ill heat it up to around 140. im assuming its just honeycomb wax thats budderd up from higher temps than 140 but im not sure.

O

oilguru12

Ok here we go a simple tutorial on how i vac purge my oil. i decided to use buds instead of trim for todays show, hopefully this shows how easy it is to make high quality oil and how efficeiant using buds can be. this is a very small batch i usally use run around 30-40 grams of loose buds and trim but figured this would be more helpfull for the average tooker who dosent have access to lots of trim. and its way easier to do small batches like this, start to finish in about an hour

i used 4.5 grams of whitewidow chopped up with scissors and blown through a small glass tube with 2 coffee filters on the end.

View attachment 225455View attachment 225456

im gonna skip to the purging step but you will need to scrape your oil onto parchment paper to make it easy to work with and place that into the vac chamber and start sucking. after the first purge with no heat you should end up with an expanded chunk thats stabel at room temp. it should look like this. first pic will be at full vac the second pic is after i pulled it out.
View attachment 225463
View attachment 225464
smush it back into a glob and purge it again it should still expand but not as much. once its completly stabel at room temps both under a full vac and stays the same when you release the vac you can add heat. now while still under a full vac start adding heat but never above about 160 . the oil should return back to a sap like consistency and just bubble under a full vac at around 130 degrees.
View attachment 225465
View attachment 225466
View attachment 225467
once it stops bubbling under a full vac at around 130 degrees i typically call it a day. let it cool down and enjoy.
View attachment 225468
View attachment 225469
so in under an hour i turned 4.5 grams of bud into .9 grams of shatter. almost a 20% return. hopefully this will make the hole process a little less scary for some people.
Screw the glass tube open system waxtractors are wayyy better and not $1000's but start @ $149 the full loop system is under $1000

S

scugg

This thread is sticky worthy for sure!! Thanks for all the great information and for the great tutorial. This thread is a game changer!!

Shamus

Shamus

this thread is sticky worthy
has helped me alot in the past few days

ok so, a few questions

but first a statement, UNLESS you want a project, just buy a prefab one on ebay. if shipping is reasonable its literally like a 20 dollar diff from making it to buying prefab. i had the opportunity to bring all the items back but said fuck it i wanna make my own, and in doing so i do think it will last longer by using a thicker lid and be more acceptable to heat..

on with the Q's

so im going with a T off of the lid and a gauge also off of the lid.
now i have two lil lever valve things..
the one is to release the negative pressure right?
and the other is the keep the vacuum with out the pump on right? so i just get it where i want it, and then shut the valve? and that should keep it considering a made a fine chamber and it doesnt leak?
i think im going to have a quick disconnect to detach the hose from vacuum to chamber easily if this whole lever/valve fandango is right.

has anyone noticed a difference between replacing the flare valve on the vacuum itself with a more traditional tube nipple thing (not good on fittings terms.. lol)
as far as ability to maintain high vacuum?

is there anything i absolutely SHOULDNT do with my pump? im not talking like make it into a canoe and float the sippi, just normal shit most peeps look past. ive seen greywolf say he broke one in like 3 hours his first time.. i dont want to break one in three hours.. lol

is a 2.5 cfm pump good enough to get a several gallon chamber to a sufficient vacuum (ie 29.3 er whatever) considering there is no leaks in the chamber itself? since getting ive seen things saying its barely appropriate for this situation

hopefully i can drum up some answers.. for the most part i think i KIND of understand it now.

also, i believe ill be using a seedling heat mat for the heating of it..
or a bathtub...

any experience with either?

shawnskush

shawnskush

Dont forget to add the oil before running:facepalm: I have also killed a pump in under 3 hours:(

shawnskush

shawnskush

Also every time I see this thread I have a good little laugh at pruge...You are all a bunch of prugers!:p

Glab120

Glab120

You seem to
this thread is sticky worthy
has helped me alot in the past few days

ok so, a few questions

but first a statement, UNLESS you want a project, just buy a prefab one on ebay. if shipping is reasonable its literally like a 20 dollar diff from making it to buying prefab. i had the opportunity to bring all the items back but said fuck it i wanna make my own, and in doing so i do think it will last longer by using a thicker lid and be more acceptable to heat..

on with the Q's

so im going with a T off of the lid and a gauge also off of the lid.
now i have two lil lever valve things..
the one is to release the negative pressure right?
and the other is the keep the vacuum with out the pump on right? so i just get it where i want it, and then shut the valve? and that should keep it considering a made a fine chamber and it doesnt leak?
i think im going to have a quick disconnect to detach the hose from vacuum to chamber easily if this whole lever/valve fandango is right.

has anyone noticed a difference between replacing the flare valve on the vacuum itself with a more traditional tube nipple thing (not good on fittings terms.. lol)
as far as ability to maintain high vacuum?

is there anything i absolutely SHOULDNT do with my pump? im not talking like make it into a canoe and float the sippi, just normal shit most peeps look past. ive seen greywolf say he broke one in like 3 hours his first time.. i dont want to break one in three hours.. lol

is a 2.5 cfm pump good enough to get a several gallon chamber to a sufficient vacuum (ie 29.3 er whatever) considering there is no leaks in the chamber itself? since getting ive seen things saying its barely appropriate for this situation

hopefully i can drum up some answers.. for the most part i think i KIND of understand it now.

also, i believe ill be using a seedling heat mat for the heating of it..
or a bathtub...

any experience with either?

Your on the right track for sure. I'm gonna be building another small 2-3 gallon setup Tomm for a buddy... So I will try to doucument everything and use it to revise my original DIY setup.

Shamus

Shamus

im liking the look of it so far, dunno if i can use the 3 gallon container i used, but i have a pressure cooker around the same size as well..
i still need the vacuum gage, and to figure out how the fuck to connect it to my chamber.. lol

i can only find 134 fittings, every person looks at me like im crazy as fuck when ive asked them for any of these things, especially at first when i wanted all the parts and had pictures.. lol

heres what shes lookin like now almost done - the vacuum gauge
Vacattacks 001

Vacattacks 002

Glab120

Glab120

I couldn't find a ss chamber that I'm happy with but I got everything else finished so hopefully Tomm I'll have pics to share.

Top Bottom