Dj Short Blueberry / Jacks Hydro

• Thread starter H2OPharmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H2OPharmer

H2OPharmer

Never wrote a grow journal so I figured I would give it a shot.

I have 6 girls in the Veg Tray that just came out of the cloner. 2x2 8 bulb T5. Four of them will be going into the 4x4 flower tent when they are around 12". I always veg a few more than needed so I can pick the 4 most robust plants.

This is my first time using Jacks 5-12-26 Hydroponic nutrients. Switching from GH with additives. Blueberry is probably not the best way to experiment with new nutrients but hey, let's add a little adventure in to this grow.

Using 1/4 strength the first week. Let's see how this goes!

Vweek1
LabCan

LabCan

Jacks hydro has been a miracle to me. Very easy and i never burned a plant. I use soil so i have to taper the nitrogen down towards week 5.
I see you have the jacks hydro but you also need the calcium nitrate and the epsom salt hence the term 3 2 1
Hydro 3 grams per gallon
Nitrate 2 grams per gallon
Epsom 1 gram per gallon
Good luck

DGP

DGP

Just switched to Jacks myself, I will be watching....

Best wishes,

Dee

K

kansabis

Never used jacks or grown hydro but DJ short blueberry is my favorite strain so ill be watching as well.

H2OPharmer

H2OPharmer

Jacks hydro has been a miracle to me. Very easy and i never burned a plant. I use soil so i have to taper the nitrogen down towards week 5.
I see you have the jacks hydro but you also need the calcium nitrate and the epsom salt hence the term 3 2 1
Hydro 3 grams per gallon
Nitrate 2 grams per gallon
Epsom 1 gram per gallon
Good luck

I should have mentioned that I have the CalNit and Epsom.

H2OPharmer

H2OPharmer

Week 2:
At 25% of full strength Jacks, the girls showed signs of nute burn. Dropped it down to 15%. Not much of a change up top but the roots are starting to come through the block. Blueberry is a finicky strain so I am assuming I will be facing some challenges along the way.

Vweek2
Vweek2 1
K

kansabis

Yeah from what I've heard and experienced it doesn't require or like alot of nutrients compared with many other strains.

DGP

DGP

I made the switch to Jacks 3-2-1 mix last week and so far things seem fine. It was easy to mix and use. Also my plants seem to tolerate a somewhat higher ppm using Jacks as opposed to GH.

Dee

M

motz

Blueberry is to be grown organically or else the blueberry won't come out.
20 plus years experience with this piece.

H2OPharmer

H2OPharmer

Week 3:
Bumped the Jacks up to 20% for this week. Also tied the girls down yesterday and it looks like they are reaching for the sky already. I don't know about you but I think the more you bend, twist and manhandle the plants, the hardier they get.

VWeek3
Vweek3 1
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Week 3:
Bumped the Jacks up to 20% for this week. Also tied the girls down yesterday and it looks like they are reaching for the sky already. I don't know about you but I think the more you bend, twist and manhandle the plants, the hardier they get.
Agreed 100 percent. Healthy looking plants and roots nice job

H2OPharmer

H2OPharmer

It's been a while since I updated this thread. The girls are now in their 3rd week of flower. RDWC with 4 buckets in a 4x4 tent. I was originally using Jacks but I switched back to my normal nutrients. Blueberry is bitch to grow to begin with and introducing a new nutrient regimen was just a bit too much. I feel more comfortable sticking with what I know. The one change I did make from my norm is to introduce CMH lighting. I got a good deal on two low profile Sun Systems 315W lights and tossed them in the tent to replace the 1000W HPS. After a few weeks, I am not sure I like the low profile hoods. They are quite small and I'm not sure if they cover enough. I can't leave well enough alone so I bought two Phantom CMH hoods to replace the low profile hoods. I think the vertical lamp is the way to go. These will be going in the tent later today. Anyway, here they are after 3 weeks of flower. I've never grown Blueberry and I'm beginning to find out they have different requirements than most others. I am still using my week 1 nutrient schedule in week 3. I may continue the same schedule until they tell me they need more. The girls are dark green and some of the leaf tips are curling under. I've read this is normal for this strain.

IMG 0620
Top Bottom