Do clones count as plants?

• Thread starter MonsterRobot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

I was doing a bit of reading on the subject of "immature plants" and apparently they are less than 8"x8" and in a 2"x2" container or something.... Does anyone know if this applies to clones or what the deal is?

Will having a tray of clones count as having a tray of plants and put me over my numbers?

Thanks,
MonsterRobot

Landfishd

Landfishd

pretty sure a stem with roots on it is a plant. Immature just means it's not flowering. A cutting is not a plant yet but once it gets roots you have a plant.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I was doing a bit of reading on the subject of "immature plants" and apparently they are less than 8"x8" and in a 2"x2" container or something.... Does anyone know if this applies to clones or what the deal is?

Will having a tray of clones count as having a tray of plants and put me over my numbers?

Thanks,
MonsterRobot

Clones are definitely plants. A I know a dispo that had to seriously curtail their clone business because of plant counts.

outwest

altimood

altimood

Tru dat. If its in medium and it has roots, its a plant. YOU KNOW ITS SAD BUT TRUE.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If its in a medium or aerocloner, it is a plant.....they counted everything at my place, seedlings, clone trays full, all that counts......despensary guys have the immature plant language in their regs, the patient base doesn't really get to claim it though

S

SoCoMMJ

If its in a medium or aerocloner, it is a plant.....they counted everything at my place, seedlings, clone trays full, all that counts......despensary guys have the immature plant language in their regs, the patient base doesn't really get to claim it though

Dispensaries have to count unrooted cuttings in an aerocloner as well. If a policeman can even remotely think that it's a plant, then it is a plant. They even tried to count houseplant cuttings I had in the clone box.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Houseplants? Pigs. You could probably sneak by with multiple plants in a pot if it were bushy enough.

outwest

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Thanks guys... That is kind of what I thought, which sucks because I usually take a lot more cuts than I need and toss the weak ones...

Dorje

Dorje

Hmm, I thought they had to be a certain size and in a pot for them to count... but maybe that's just the regs for MMCs? I never go over my numbers, clones or not, but it would be convenient to not worry about tiny clones that are just in rapid rooters or an aerocloner. Most growers take a lot more clones than they need...

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Agreed Dorje

I was under the impression that anything under 8 inches without a developed root system is a clone. Once you transplant it and it grows at all its a plant. I was told this by a dispensary owner I didn't believe him. Then LEO did a count on our caregiver grow and if he would have counted all the clones that were rooted we would have been fuk'd. Our clones are over 8 inches when we take them I was worried. Luckily they were still in the trays waiting for transplant. Now if you are only allowed 6 plants where you are and you have 50 clones I can see where it might be a problem if they want to squeeze your balls.
One mans clone is another mans tree.
These days the laws are a crap shoot. Throw the dice . Place your bets. The odds are against us.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Dont know the answer but i certainly wouldnt trust LE to make the right decision...

D

disposition84

Just had an MMED inspection at the dispensary I run and the cop stated plain and simple, any cut plant in any kind of medium is and was counted at my facility. I have an aero cloner, no roots are popping yet, they're still counted and needing individual ID tag. The unrooted clones in root riot plugs, counted and needing tags as well. I asked about the 2"x2" and 8"x8" ruling and he stated that's incorrect and that "any cutting of a plant in a rooting medium is counted as a clone".

This was during a state inspection, the city inspection (colorado springs) said that if it's no roots it wasn't counted at all, and in their eyes aero clones weren't technically counted either as there's no "medium", though they had a small debate among themselves a bit over that and ended up not counting them.

S

SoCoMMJ

if it even remotely resembles a plant, they will count it as a plant and let the courts sort it out.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Just had an MMED inspection at the dispensary I run and the cop stated plain and simple, any cut plant in any kind of medium is and was counted at my facility. I have an aero cloner, no roots are popping yet, they're still counted and needing individual ID tag. The unrooted clones in root riot plugs, counted and needing tags as well. I asked about the 2"x2" and 8"x8" ruling and he stated that's incorrect and that "any cutting of a plant in a rooting medium is counted as a clone".

This was during a state inspection, the city inspection (colorado springs) said that if it's no roots it wasn't counted at all, and in their eyes aero clones weren't technically counted either as there's no "medium", though they had a small debate among themselves a bit over that and ended up not counting them.

Must be case by case.
Leo came trough ours and we had over 100 clones they only counted our planted plants only. It might be different for disp. cause everything has to be marked and cataloged. If they would have counted our clones our # would have been over by 70 plants. They didn't specifically say clones were not plants but they were looking for violatioons and gave us the all clear. I heard Colorado Springs officials like breaking balls.
How can a a stick in a cube be a plant ?
Without a root how can it be a plant ?
I wonder if there is a difference between the state inspector coming in and a regular officer?
We had a regular officer and he was young. He couldn't have been on the job long. Could have been why we had a different experience.
After reading your post I am feeling real lucky gonna go buy a lotto. Phewwwwww Glad we had an inexperienced cop.

D

disposition84

Not offering an opinion, merely sharing my experience, and stating that cuts can potentially count probably wouldn't cost anyone 1000's :)

Our neighbors had similar issues where their clones in rapid rooters counted, and the officers made them trash 40 or so clones that put them over to get them back in check. Technically we were 1 plant over with the clones and he did mention that he understands that clones have a mortality rate and they weren't going to bust chops over such a small infraction, though it was noted on the inspection paper.

I think the reason they're counting the "stick in a cube" as a plant is that they realize what your intent with that is and though it might not have roots now, that stick will more than likely turn
into a plant one day and need counting. They made mention about our trash as well as we had some leafs and stems that weren't shredded and that "people can go through your dumpster and make clones from your discard". So apparently clones are quite the concern for at least this agent.

Not sure what you mean by regular officer. We've had both inspections, our state inspections which was a single officer who was in our facility for maybe 20 minutes tops. And our city level inspection which
took roughly 2 hours, and was much more in depth including a team of 4 officers, though our city inspection was before the supposed cutbacks so could be reason for the larger numbers?

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I was saying a regular patrol officer possibly still using info he obtained a long time ago. Instead of a the official mmj inspectors or the Denver Metro Task Force that would normal come and probably break balls harder because they keep up on the laws better. I have been at a disp. and over heard the inspector say that they don't count plants as clones but that was along time ago (over 6 months) and I know allot has changed since then. I agree after hearing all the testimonies now that they are considering all possible plants as plants. In my case just 3 weeks ago. The officer didn't count our clones.
Can anyone find the actual written part of the law that has that provision ?
Now that they came. The worry of them coming back is allot higher. Who knows one cop says we are good another will probably find plenty wrong.
Seems like there are allot of illusive or unexplained laws they should be clarified.
They need a mmj hotline to give people easy access to up to date answers on something that could take your freedom away if you don't follow a bunch of unseen rules that change monthly.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

"Seems like there are allot of illusive or unexplained laws they should be clarified."

just the way they like it!

Top Bottom