Do I have a problem here? *pics inside*

• Thread starter NewGrower42069
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NewGrower42069

It’s looked more or less like this for 2 days, it broke soil 3 days ago
does it look healthy? I feel like it’s under watered maybe. I ruined my first 2 seeds over handling when it looked like this
please tell me If I leave it that it will do fine?
feel like this other seed that JUST popped looks better.. is it just me or does the seedling look dry?
tempted to try to take the shell off but like I said I ruined my other 2 over handling.. I swear getting to the seedling stage should be quicker than this?

as long as the soil the roots are in aren’t light brown it doesnt need water right? Or do I need it a little wetter than that?
wish I had someone show me in person what the right saturation level looks Like FIRST then I’d know exactly :(
gonna feel like such a failure if these don’t get to seedling stage!!!

Do i have a problem here pics inside
2Bad

2Bad

Well tough choice but I think you're making the right one but letting it dry. They can handle the dry they can't handle the excess waterings. They are meant for droughts all that happens if you let it dry too much is it bends over and then when you water it perks back up. So with the helmet head your choice is to cut it off which looks tough or just keep spray the clear plastic shell everytime it looks dry not the soil but just the clear shell.

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

It looks like it has plenty of water!! I've been helping some seedlings out of their helmets sometimes. You have to be super delicate though, and avoid trying too hard. I've used 2 toothpicks or other small instruments and kind of braced with one, and gently tried to jostle the seed shell off with the other. Don't want to force it, I'll try for a few seconds them let it alone and comeback try again. a lot of the time they'll come off with minimal help...just gotta be careful

N

NewGrower42069

Well tough choice but I think you're making the right one but letting it dry. They can handle the dry they can't handle the excess waterings. They are meant for droughts all that happens if you let it dry too much is it bends over and then when you water it perks back up. So with the helmet head your choice is to cut it off which looks tough or just keep spray the clear plastic shell everytime it looks dry not the soil but just the clear shell.
from What I’ve seen as long as it keeps growing it should rid the seed shell off by itself the shell is barely hanging on I just really don’t wanna touch it.
I thought I could kill it if I let it dry this early But I suppose I’ll just wait and give a small watering in 1-3 days *fingers crossed*
I swear by day 3 people’s seedlings are already showing the leaves, they seem bigger or more healthy..or is this about normal growth would you say for day 2-3
thankfully the other seed that just broke soil already got rid of it’s shell!
it looks way healthier than the first pic.. like the stem for instance .. doesn’t the first pic look thin and dry almost?
im having a tough time having confidence in it haha

is using a dropper to drop a drop of water on the stuck seed shell bad?
It looks like it has plenty of water!! I've been helping some seedlings out of their helmets sometimes. You have to be super delicate though, and avoid trying too hard. I've used 2 toothpicks or other small instruments and kind of braced with one, and gently tried to jostle the seed shell off with the other. Don't want to force it, I'll try for a few seconds them let it alone and comeback try again. a lot of the time they'll come off with minimal help...just gotta be careful

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That plant is fine.

Overwatering is probably the most common mistake growers make. Water when the pot feels light, and water thoroughly. Too much water = no oxygen for the roots = dead or sickly plants.

Consider reading this:

N

NewGrower42069

That plant is fine.

Overwatering is probably the most common mistake growers make. Water when the pot feels light, and water thoroughly. Too much water = no oxygen for the roots = dead or sickly plants.

Consider reading this:

Just for clarification, you mean the first picture looks healthy right?
why does the second picture stem seem so much healthier/alive like the stem is even thicker than the first one and the first one broke soil 2 days BEFORE
because I messed up my first 2 seeds so badly.. my confidence is shattered and so maybe I’m being paranoid.. :(
if u meant the first picture looks fine then I’ll stop over thinking it and just let it grow!
thanks guys gonna read that guide

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Just for clarification, you mean the first picture looks healthy right?
why does the second picture stem seem so much healthier/alive like the stem is even thicker than the first one and the first one broke soil 2 days BEFORE
because I messed up my first 2 seeds so badly.. my confidence is shattered and so maybe I’m being paranoid.. :(
if u meant the first picture looks fine then I’ll stop over thinking it and just let it grow!
thanks guys gonna read that guide
I thought they were the same plant. Never mind.

7munkee

7munkee

I keep my seedlings on the dry side. I like to make em hunt for water early...it encourages root development. 99% of seeds that break ground WILL cast the shell by themselves... I've killed/stunted too many by 'helping' them to do it. When they are that small I may give them a shotglass of water the first day and always keep a dome on them until the first set of real leaves are spread open.

Try not to look at it every 25 minutes...you wont see any significant development for several day yet.

N

NewGrower42069

I keep my seedlings on the dry side. I like to make em hunt for water early...it encourages root development. 99% of seeds that break ground WILL cast the shell by themselves... I've killed/stunted too many by 'helping' them to do it. When they are that small I may give them a shotglass of water the first day and always keep a dome on them until the first set of real leaves are spread open.

Try not to look at it every 25 minutes...you wont see any significant development for several day yet.
That’s my problem.. I planted these 2-3 days ago and not sure if I should water or not.. the soil just underneath the top is still a dark colour and cooler to the touch.. is that moist enough or no?
feel like my first picture needs more water.. I thought about using a dome too but was told I shouldn’t..
god this is too hard! I don’t know what to do anymore!
and yah I don’t check i on it too often. Once a day at the least.. definitely feel like should be bigger by now..
my real problem is knowing what’s moist enough for them.. even though the soil is darker colour I still feel like it’s not moist enough,, this is hard man :(

N

NewGrower42069

Wait another day or two. It will be fine for a few more days.
Alright thanks man. guess I won’t touch these girls at all for the next few days
also these pots are outdoors so they probably dry quicker than indoor? Temperatures are fine don’t think it’s that
but if you’re saying they FOR SURE don’t need water I won’t do a thing and wait atleast 48hours before panicking again lol

2Bad

2Bad

from What I’ve seen as long as it keeps growing it should rid the seed shell off by itself the shell is barely hanging on I just really don’t wanna touch it.
I thought I could kill it if I let it dry this early But I suppose I’ll just wait and give a small watering in 1-3 days *fingers crossed*
I swear by day 3 people’s seedlings are already showing the leaves, they seem bigger or more healthy..or is this about normal growth would you say for day 2-3
thankfully the other seed that just broke soil already got rid of it’s shell!
it looks way healthier than the first pic.. like the stem for instance .. doesn’t the first pic look thin and dry almost?
im having a tough time having confidence in it haha

is using a dropper to drop a drop of water on the stuck seed shell bad?
A dropper works or a mist bottle. wetting the shell will make it loose and lubed

N

NewGrower42069

Here’s an update for you gents
the helmet head seedling finally recovered! Although Its looking rough the stem looks dry/brittle almost. Keeping the pots as dry as possible without It being too dry..
day 7-8 for these girls they looking ok??

should I be turning my pots every day? So they grow up straight and not stretching toward the sun
ive been turning the pots 180degrees every 24 hours

09B2389D 712C 4555 80C2 42E3DF453E8C
F313C2AE 3E9C 4037 93ED 64A6D82231DF
73F1B143 A7B4 4E14 9861 B5C7EE3667AD
High5_it_in

High5_it_in

Yeah they're looking good, they'll get through the seedling stage pretty quick. I just water a little every 2-3 days.

Then after the seedling stage, I water until runoff, then I let them dry out for 3-4 days, then water until runoff again so roughly twice a week.

N

NewGrower42069

Yeah they're looking good, they'll get through the seedling stage pretty quick. I just water a little every 2-3 days.

Then after the seedling stage, I water until runoff, then I let them dry out for 3-4 days, then water until runoff again so roughly twice a week.
Ok so one of them is praying hard.. even at night leaves still praying and it looks like there’s slight burn in the middle on one of the true leaves.. should I leave it in indirect light til it stops praying or?
im worried,,
the other one has gotten even bigger and has been loving all the sun it can get though.. or should I leave them both where I’ve been putting them

AngeRBizcuTT480

AngeRBizcuTT480

Lol you must be very new to bud farming....those are the best days,hovering over your ladies,reading everything you can touch about bud growth and overreacting to small things plus the joy and expectation of the finished result. They look like they will be perfectly healthy cannabis plants. I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors into cannabis. Always remember to keep your mind open, stick to the basics and always consult many experienced growers before doing anything drastic in your early days and Always look at a mans fruits before deciding to implement anything from another growers regiment. All environments are different,what 1 can get away with, could quickly kill another in a different environment. Something beneficial for another could be harmful to you. Be careful and don't compare your grows to everyone else's. Most farmers are growing very small plants and the scale is hard to ascertain when viewing videos. 9 times out of 10 its a really small plant being distorted by a master editor,taking deceptive angled pics with the intention of seeming better than their current skills really are. There is not magic bullet for great performing plants. The basic fundamentals and a tightly run regiment tailored to the grow is the best and only way for great harvests. More veg time means more bud.Corrections take time,everything you see in the present is something you did up to a month previous all plants vary(especially when cloning multiple times) in response time. Too wet kills faster than too dry. Take a day or 2 to think before you act. More feed is not more bud,less is always more than more. Try everything once. Don't experiment on sick plants. Sick plants(of any kind) need less light not more. Dial in your VPD. Cultivar varying,cannabis love and often require pruning,don't be shy,cannabis is a Hardy weed. These are a few things I wish I heard when I started,really could of saved me some stressful failures lol. I hope these tips help you prevent the ignorance induced mistakes I made when starting. Good luck myfriend I can see those ladies are in loving hands,I hope you solve this lil dilemma

N

NewGrower42069

Lol you must be very new to bud farming....those are the best days,hovering over your ladies,reading everything you can touch about bud growth and overreacting to small things plus the joy and expectation of the finished result. They look like they will be perfectly healthy cannabis plants. I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors into cannabis. Always remember to keep your mind open, stick to the basics and always consult many experienced growers before doing anything drastic in your early days and Always look at a mans fruits before deciding to implement anything from another growers regiment. All environments are different,what 1 can get away with, could quickly kill another in a different environment. Something beneficial for another could be harmful to you. Be careful and don't compare your grows to everyone else's. Most farmers are growing very small plants and the scale is hard to ascertain when viewing videos. 9 times out of 10 its a really small plant being distorted by a master editor,taking deceptive angled pics with the intention of seeming better than their current skills really are. There is not magic bullet for great performing plants. The basic fundamentals and a tightly run regiment tailored to the grow is the best and only way for great harvests. More veg time means more bud.Corrections take time,everything you see in the present is something you did up to a month previous all plants vary(especially when cloning multiple times) in response time. Too wet kills faster than too dry. Take a day or 2 to think before you act. More feed is not more bud,less is always more than more. Try everything once. Don't experiment on sick plants. Sick plants(of any kind) need less light not more. Dial in your VPD. Cultivar varying,cannabis love and often require pruning,don't be shy,cannabis is a Hardy weed. These are a few things I wish I heard when I started,really could of saved me some stressful failures lol. I hope these tips help you prevent the ignorance induced mistakes I made when starting. Good luck myfriend I can see those ladies are in loving hands,I hope you solve this lil dilemma
Ok cool! thanks yes that’s very helpful in solidifying some things I’ve read/learned
im just worried I’m seeing discolouration almost looks burnt (yellow) on one lead and black on the other
it wasn’t praying too hard at night it’s currently in a shady spot and just checked to see it’s lead completely straight up praying
should I leave it in the shade for a little longer or just keep it in the direct sun like I have the other?
the other one true leave are way bigger than this one..
for me I’m just about figuring out what’s the absolute best result u know min-maxing techniques, would u specifically recommend for this situation to leave it in shady indirect sun spot for a few days or keep it in the sun with the other one.. weird how both started same time and held in same location.. ugh lol

AngeRBizcuTT480

AngeRBizcuTT480

Ok cool! thanks yes that’s very helpful in solidifying some things I’ve read/learned
im just worried I’m seeing discolouration almost looks burnt (yellow) on one lead and black on the other
it wasn’t praying too hard at night it’s currently in a shady spot and just checked to see it’s lead completely straight up praying
should I leave it in the shade for a little longer or just keep it in the direct sun like I have the other?
the other one true leave are way bigger than this one..
for me I’m just about figuring out what’s the absolute best result u know min-maxing techniques, would u specifically recommend for this situation to leave it in shady indirect sun spot for a few days or keep it in the sun with the other one.. weird how both started same time and held in same location.. ugh lol
Those starters look OK to me I would give them time in the light. The plant is establishing itself rn, let it go a few more days. The plant should be starting to pick up speed in growth soon,mainly I would watch my stem,my water and my temps. Other than that it looks OK bro

AngeRBizcuTT480

AngeRBizcuTT480

Those starters look OK to me I would give them time in the light. The plant is establishing itself rn, let it go a few more days. The plant should be starting to pick up speed in growth soon,mainly I would watch my stem,my water and my temps. Other than that it looks OK bro
Unless there are new pics that are worse your good

N

NewGrower42069

Unless there are new pics that are worse your good
Yeah a new pic would show it pointing even straighter up ha maybe it’ll come back down i won’t give it direct light and I’m gonna water them tomorrow lok dry af don’t they?
just like 100-200ml around the base or something

Top Bottom