Do I I have to keep reservoir at a higher level then the plant buckets?

• Thread starter ndmsee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

ndmsee

Hello and thanks for reading my post, I have grown before on a smaller DWC system and did not do to bad. I wanted to upgrade to get a better everything I started my seedlings in the smaller system then moved them over to my 5 bucket system. I 've had issues since the move and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm using two spider farmer 20244 sf100d lights for my 6x4 tent my ph is always from 5.6 to 6.0 though out the day. The water temp is from 67 to 70 degrees the humidity is not bad. I've been trying to avoid nute burn so I've been slowly increasting the PPM right now it's about 400 after 5 weeks of groth. I 'm not sure what might be causing the yellow outer fan leaves? I don't know what nute they might not be getting and or if it's too much water or light. The bucket water is only touching the bottom of the hold basket and the hydro rocks seem to be getting water. I can see new roots growing from the rockwool , only thing I checked on today was seeing how the water in the plant bucket had differnt PPM then the reservoir one had 303 and the other 215 when I tested it. I don't know if this is normal or if I have to keep reservoir at a higher level then the plant buckets. I'm not sure if it's too much water if that is the case , then can I just run the airs tone and not the recirculaters for part of the day? Help me out my people and show me the way.

B

Bdubs

“The bucket water is only touching the bottom of the hold basket and the hydro rocks seem to be getting water”.
-Lower the water level to be below the net pot, shoot for 4-6 inches or so below the net pot.
-your air stones/bubbles are what will wet the pebbles with splash from popping bubbles.

“I checked on today was seeing how the water in the plant bucket had differnt PPM then the reservoir one had 303 and the other 215 when I tested it”.
-when PPM rises in the bucket your plant is nutrient lock out. She will ignore nutrients and drink water, reducing water to nutrient salt ratios and increase PPM.
-reservoir swap to new nutrients and reduce the PPM from 500 to 350-400.

With that being said. The key to your fix is going to be lowering the water level and get that taproot out of the water. It only wants to be moist and not drenched or in sitting water. No water should touch the net pot. Not all roots should be submerged so allow 4-6” of roots to be dangling between the net pot and water.

B

Bdubs

“No water should touch the net pot” - Bdubs

Reiterate, Only splash should get the net pot wet.

B

Bdubs

“303 and the other 215“

My bad brother. You said 400 was what it crept up to. I am off base. Go back to your 215 or whatever was normal. 215 is super low. Like cuttings/clone/seedling strength. Also, my tap city water is 200ppm start. So that’s pretty low and you shouldn’t lockout at that PPM. Waterlogged roots could cause a lockout. Especially if water is up to the Net pot touching pebbles.

You don’t have a picture but I can imagine that they are probably pretty droopy. The water level will fix that up in 3-4 days.

N

ndmsee

Thanks for any rely I just want to make sure here , I want to keep the bucket water 4 to 6 in from the bottom of the basket? As in do I want any roots hanging out the bottom of the basket? Also the halo tubes that spray water at the top of the basket should I worry about them too much? I'm not sure if I should cover them with the hydro rocks or what .

N

ndmsee

Also just lowered the water level in the plant buckets and the res bucket is at 400 ppm and 5.81 for ph at 70 F. One plant has a tap root out the bottom of the basket lid that does not touch water at all now. If you need more or want to DM me direct please just go for it.

N

ndmsee

Got my cal mag gonna change the water all new nutes see how that goes.

Top Bottom