Do I Need So Many Fan Leaves ?

• Thread starter King Ally
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
King Ally

King Ally

id like to cut off some of fan the leaves so light can get more to the where the buds will start to form I'm 30 days in veg now & topped the other day I had trimmed off loads of bits a week ago but that grew back in no time so basically main thing is will cause problems if I had no fan leaves ??

The photos are less then a 14 days apart

Do i need so many fan leaves
Do i need so many fan leaves 2
Do i need so many fan leaves 3
Do i need so many fan leaves 4
Do i need so many fan leaves 5
Homesteader

Homesteader

You can take some off without anything negative happening. Once my canopy fills in, I take off some of the bottom growth but mostly because the leaves itch the shit out of my arms. Older fan leaves produce more sugar than new growth fans do but only if they are getting light. With a young plant like yours, I wouldn't see a reason to take any off yet though since the light is reaching all of the fans still.

Maine.Grower

Maine.Grower

Older fan leaves produce more sugar than new growth fans do but only if they are getting light.

I did not know that...very interesting. I personally take the fan leaves at multiple times during my grows. Once early in veg, once when I flip the lights (sometimes) and again a few weeks before harvest. I used to not, but for some reason started doing this years ago. I keep telling myself I'm gonna do a side by side in one of my rooms, but I never do haha. Thanks for the info...research time :)

Peace folks...

King Ally

King Ally

You can take some off without anything negative happening. Once my canopy fills in, I take off some of the bottom growth but mostly because the leaves itch the shit out of my arms. Older fan leaves produce more sugar than new growth fans do but only if they are getting light. With a young plant like yours, I wouldn't see a reason to take any off yet though since the light is reaching all of the fans still.
Okaay I'll leave it as it for a week or 2 as I plan to flip it once the topped node has recoverd fully would it be okay to do it just before or after as in trim of some fan leaves (talking few weeks ahead) ?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I did not know that...very interesting. I personally take the fan leaves at multiple times during my grows. Once early in veg, once when I flip the lights (sometimes) and again a few weeks before harvest. I used to not, but for some reason started doing this years ago. I keep telling myself I'm gonna do a side by side in one of my rooms, but I never do haha. Thanks for the info...research time :)

Peace folks...

https://www.theweedblog.com/distribution-of-sugars-within-marijuana-plants/

Latest posts

Top Bottom