Do i need to dry to make oil?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

My outdoor plants are almost ready to be picked. But im going out of town so i dont know what im gonna do with my plants. If im making oil, can i just pick and put into the tubes or will i need to dry/cure the plant first to make some oil?

germinator

germinator

Fresh off the vine oil rocks....fresh frozen a close second.....both taste and work beautifully.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Be careful with wet stuff. Any buildup of moisture can cause you tube to explode

mikeb437

mikeb437

Someone stepped on my plant so i picked it. Didnt dry it at all. Just shoved it in my tube and blasted away.. Got this nice golden oil.. ;)

mikeb437

mikeb437

Good save....Hows the flavor and efficacy?

It has a chloraphyl smell and taste to it. But it turned out a nice taffy consistency which is what i wanted but it smells and kinda tastes like wet weed! Lol. But its potent shit,, can i winterize it to clean it up the taste a bit?

germinator

germinator

Think what your smelling tasting are fresh terpenes and essence of the undried plant. I think your wax would be green if cloriphyl was present. Dunno if winterizing will help the taste, but it will clean up the waxs and lipids and such.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Lemme ask this, I'm going out of town for 2 weeks. I have a plant ready for picking but no one to tend to it while I'm on vacation. Can i just pick it,,hang it somewhere for 11 days to dry and start blasting when i get back? Will it be worse to let it dry out a bit too much rather then blasting it when its damp? To make a decent oil i dont need to dry/cure it properly correct?

germinator

germinator

Pick it ........dry half ........freeze half.......then blow them and have a taste test. Fresh dry vs. fresh frozen...
Correct no need to cure when u blast.

henry

henry

i used fresh and it came out ok. i thought maybe with a slight green tinge to it? might have been imagining that though

Latest posts

Top Bottom