Do I Use Nutrients Everytime I Water ?

• Thread starter Grower420UK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I’m using 20 litre fabric pots with temps 27 degrees and humidity 50% atm just switched over to 12/12 yesterday so going to keep it under 50% from now on your ladies looking nice man :) what is it your growing ?
Four lovely ladies. Deathstar. It's a Sensi Star x Sour Diesel. Flowered the original mother last run. So tasty and super buzz. Have another group of clones establishing now. Gonna keep this one going for a few cycles. Strong plant and great dense yields.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I'm a standard Yank and will have to do the conversions, but your numbers are probably good. How's your ventilation? Not sure what the preferred humidity should be, but lower during flower is a must to steer clear of bud rot. Pretty sure anywhere below 50% is good. Have you grown many times? Made it thru complete runs start to finish? I don't want to ramble about anything you already know. Lol. And I am no expert. Just decent experience.

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Four lovely ladies. Deathstar. It's a Sensi Star x Sour Diesel. Flowered the original mother last run. So tasty and super buzz. Have another group of clones establishing now. Gonna keep this one going for a few cycles. Strong plant and great dense yields.
Looks nice dense buds

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

I'm a standard Yank and will have to do the conversions, but your numbers are probably good. How's your ventilation? Not sure what the preferred humidity should be, but lower during flower is a must to steer clear of bud rot. Pretty sure anywhere below 50% is good. Have you grown many times? Made it thru complete runs start to finish? I don't want to ramble about anything you already know. Lol. And I am no expert. Just decent experience.
This is my first indoor grow I’ve grown a lot outdoors and always had good results but wanted to go for 2 600w hps lamps in a 2.4mx1.2mx2.0m tent I got a big exhaust fan with a carbon filter and a inlet fan to bring fresh air in I have got a oscillating 16” fan and 2 6” clip on fans in 2 corners growing in bat mix soil using plant magic liquid nutrients feeding every other water and got my water / feed ph at 6.3- 6.5 watering every other day here’s a pic of my exhaust fan

772EBD65 DA27 48D6 BEB4 74D627DBBB59
Grower420UK

Grower420UK

We have a Silver Haze in this area that is very nice. Keep posting the success sir.
Thanks a lot I’ve been Amsterdam a few times and the silver haze out there was amazing that’s why I wanted to do some silver haze

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Still looking healthy. Prune for yield. I was a little hesitant my first larger run in this tent and didn't trim out the under carriage very much. In addition to the excessive LST, this resulted in too many bud sites. Ultimately, limiting the end product. Tops were average and inner plant full of underdeveloped and fluffy buds. Sucked the energy from all the good spots. If you come across a branch that looks nice but seems it will not get the light it needs, take it for a clone. This is a good time to grab a few for clones if you're doing that. Here's a shot up the skirts of these girls. Sexy legs.

IMG 20180218 213759959
Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Still looking healthy. Prune for yield. I was a little hesitant my first larger run in this tent and didn't trim out the under carriage very much. In addition to the excessive LST, this resulted in too many bud sites. Ultimately, limiting the end product. Tops were average and inner plant full of underdeveloped and fluffy buds. Sucked the energy from all the good spots. If you come across a branch that looks nice but seems it will not get the light it needs, take it for a clone. This is a good time to grab a few for clones if you're doing that. Here's a shot up the skirts of these girls. Sexy legs.
How much should I take off all the lower branches that are getting no light ( not hitting the top of the net ) like no where near and I’m not taking clones as next lot are going to be different and I got no where to put clones I don’t want to strip the ladies too bare underneath If you get what I mean

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Everything I've read says to basically take the lower third of the leaves and little branches that aren't gonna pop thru the canopy. Do a little research on lollipopping and pruning a scrog grow. Youtube has a ton of quality tutorials. First couple weeks of flower they'll stretch and you'll continue to weed out any branches that just don't seem like they're getting anywhere and will damper the development of the rest of the bud sites. I try not to prune much after 4 weeks. Just continue to remove yellowing fan leaves and any large fan leaves shading the lower bud sites. You can also tuck the larger leaves in a fashion that allows the light thru. I think the hardest thing to overcome when pruning is the idea that you're taking too much or doing something wrong. Negative. Pruning unnecessary growth will only direct more energy to the wanted growth. Start minimal and take your time.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Everything I've read says to basically take the lower third of the leaves and little branches that aren't gonna pop thru the canopy. Do a little research on lollipopping and pruning a scrog grow. Youtube has a ton of quality tutorials. First couple weeks of flower they'll stretch and you'll continue to weed out any branches that just don't seem like they're getting anywhere and will damper the development of the rest of the bud sites. I try not to prune much after 4 weeks. Just continue to remove yellowing fan leaves and any large fan leaves shading the lower bud sites. You can also tuck the larger leaves in a fashion that allows the light thru. I think the hardest thing to overcome when pruning is the idea that you're taking too much or doing something wrong. Negative. Pruning unnecessary growth will only direct more energy to the wanted growth. Start minimal and take your time.
To begin,..I take no more than 20% at a single (been safe that way for a long tome)session..works for me..I admit, I walk a line between full lollipoping and leaving some stuff below to be consumed by the plant later on if needed. It is common for plants to show deficiencies late in life, and this leaves a lil xtra for them..

Again, this is a very controversial subject, with tons of opinions on both sides.

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

I think what I’ll do is just take leafs and shoots that don’t get no light at the bottom of the plant and lollipop it all but not excessively just to be on the safe side and when should all this trimming / lollipoping be done I’m currently day 3 into flowering and it’s a 10/11 week flowering plant ?

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I think what I’ll do is just take leafs and shoots that don’t get no light at the bottom of the plant and lollipop it all but not excessively just to be on the safe side and when should all this trimming / lollipoping be done I’m currently day 3 into flowering and it’s a 10/11 week flowering plant ?
My understanding has always been, less stress, happier plant. Happier plant, efficient bud production. In my research, (I'll say this time to time cuz I've read a lot, but I don't claim to be an expert.) Keep finish pruning to early flowering. Later in flowering may stunt bud development due to stress. Makes sense to me. I let them freak out a little and stretch a bit and do my pruning after about two weeks. That way I can see the selective growth that has ascended to the upper canopy. You can then see where the lower canopy will or won't get the rays of light. Just after stretch, but don't hesitate. They need to heal up and settle down to really fatten up those nugs in the next few weeks.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Something else to keep in mind. The stretch is gonna give you an opportunity to train some of the taller shoots in whatever direction it will benefit the neighboring lower colas to find some light. Spread that canopy out throughout the net.

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Something else to keep in mind. The stretch is gonna give you an opportunity to train some of the taller shoots in whatever direction it will benefit the neighboring lower colas to find some light. Spread that canopy out throughout the net.
Some pics of the ladies lights off and on and took some of the leaves off that don’t get no light at the bottom of the plants what you think
To begin,..I take no more than 20% at a single (been safe that way for a long tome)session..works for me..I admit, I walk a line between full lollipoping and leaving some stuff below to be consumed by the plant later on if needed. It is common for plants to show deficiencies late in life, and this leaves a lil xtra for them..

Again, this is a very controversial subject, with tons of opinions on both sides.
Some pics of the ladies lights off and on and took some of the leaves off that don’t get no light at the bottom of the plants what you think

F1BC7549 F908 4541 9488 8833F4993B35
59664CE3 6E97 4C01 9B05 3EEF27DC3055
78504A63 EBF3 4E27 8760 2417B74E7618
6D37A162 87A8 42BB 8651 24BCD6ABAF43
D429EE92 144E 46BB 9AC6 88E50261BB55
3FEEECBA 03BA 46CE A477 D0893B002BCD
54136CB3 A6BA 410A 885F 736CD292A335
9D12C8E2 656D 4FE2 996F 030AEF046B44
2D6C657F 43E3 498D 94C1 73AA37786401
FA6E4812 4080 4FE1 823C 05C32452F212
16380199 73A1 4E47 BD72 E0B9A1325273
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Yeah think that’s what I shall do and same here can’t wait to see them buds develop :)
Don't be scared to take a few more of those little shoots off those lowest branches. They might be questionable but making thru to the upper canopy. If it doesn't seem like they'll amount to much, take em out. More energy and nutes to the larger buds. Plus less trimming of little popcorn buds. Either way looking good.

Top Bottom