Do we use to much Magnesium??

• Thread starter dextr0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

ookiimata

Alright, here's a question I'd like to throw out that may be too broad for anyone to answer. It's based on the calcium and cation info Dex has been sharing on the site.

I mixed up 3 gallons of soil tonight. 3 parts Roots Organic Coco. 2 parts EWC. 2 parts Shrimp Compost. 3 parts Turface.

The shrimp compost is supposed to be a great source of calcium, so I went with that (and left out lime) in the hope of raising my calcium levels to be near the 6:1 ratio. I added the Turface and compost/ewc in the hopes of giving the mix more of a "clay" feel to increase the CE properties. I originally used 2 parts Turface, but when I finished mixing it seemed to add so much to the consistency that I added another part and mixed it in.

So I'm wondering, do you guys think this will be good enough in regards to CE, or should I add a small bit of red clay from the woods/yard? Again, it may be an unanswerable question under the circumstances, but the mix just started cooking tonight so I have plenty of time to make an addition.

Thanks. And thanks to dex for sharing the great info that led to the mix. It feels amazing in my hands and I think it's going to do wonderfully.

dextr0

dextr0

I have no idea what that mix will come out like...

Im looking right now on how to mix up some soil in the ratios Reams spoke of. Im looking around and finding alot of farmers who want high BRIX follow alot of his teachings. I post up what I do in the end (the soil mix!) but until then...........

ookimata let me know how it works. Of course if after cooking, u dont like results or texture, if i was u I would fix it up a bit in whatever dept i felt was lacking.

I presume you've done your homework on soil mixing subject or what u want right??

dextr0

dextr0

Although Reams viewed agriculture entirely as an
energetic process, the basic Reams program
requires that cropland have the following watersoluble
available mineral elements per acre in
place for a starting point. This is if you are truly
looking for high quality (high Brix) and very high
yield.
4000 pounds calcium
400 pounds magnesium
400 pounds phosphate
200 pounds potassium
40 pounds nitrate nitrogen
40 pounds ammonia nitrogen

Can someone help me turn this into a soil mix that I can understand?

Latest posts

Top Bottom