DO you press bubble hash ??? HELP QUICK????

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bubblemang

After scooping it onto coffee filters or cardboard I use the small super fine piece of screen usually included with bubble bags. Dump the beauty goop in that and squeeze all the excess water out manually. This will press it at the same time...kinda like ringing out clothes with a giant hashball in the middle....Then just let dry overnite and enjoy

THIS is exactly the WRONG way to dry and cure hash. You are pressing it wet. BAD FORM. I blame Bubbleman who taught the world to do this, before I taught him not to.

Here is my conversation with Bubbleman, where he admits this is bad hash technique and that it's his fault for telling the world to do this.

Dynamite

Dynamite

THIS is exactly the WRONG way to dry and cure hash. You are pressing it wet. BAD FORM. I blame Bubbleman who taught the world to do this, before I taught him not to.

Here is my conversation with Bubbleman, where he admits this is bad hash technique and that it's his fault for telling the world to do this.

that's super important info that needs to get out to the masses , in general people think those are PRESSING screens -

Blaze has a GREAT thread/sticky on bubblehash here -

I really REALLY like the idea of NOT pressing the bubble to force the drying process,it's not needed - the batch I showed pics of on the last page was the first time I'd not pressed it in the screen to squeeze moisture,from now on I'll be using a Pyrex dish to dry on for sure ,

some great info here at the farm on hash making - thanks for setting it straight BMang

gonna run some dry sift today and get some good Kief from my frame ,mix that with my bubble for some added flavA - Kief + Hash = Ka$h :)

M

Mmmmasonite

Shit was better than 90% of the hash I see out there......so how is that smart guy? Enlighten me please.....

dlovejah

dlovejah

Bubblemang knows what hes doing.. Swallow your pride and LEARN... Easy...

Blaze

Blaze

Yeah I would agree on not pressing it when it is wet. A slight bit of moisture can be OK IMO, but it needs to be more or less dry if and when you press it. I usually do a very light hand press on mine, forming into aprox 3 gram balls after it has dried for a while, to get that nice, slow, dry and cure at the end that I shoot for. I find this method tends to preserve the trichomes and terpenes a bit more than leaving it in the crumble/powdered form (IMHO). Plus the really nice hash will usually comes out pliable and some what sticky so that it just sort of globs together in a blob even when it is dry, always a good sign :)

B

Bubblemang

Shit was better than 90% of the hash I see out there......so how is that smart guy? Enlighten me please.....

Hey, let me apologize for my tone, I did not intend to be rude. This is a major issue in the ice water extraction world. Bubbleman takes responsibility for this, as his articles and videos showed this technique. But he admits, this is very bad hash technique, and that you need to break up the hash as much as possible to let it dry.

Think about it, the water gets stuck inside and essentially gets emulsified with the hash. Let me ask you, what color is that pressed wet hash? Is it black like this?
Bubba Kush ice water concentrate, pressed wet:
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/BubbaKushbubble.jpg

Or gold/red like this Jack H ice water concentrate, rize style, pressed dry:
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/IMG_20110201_230232.jpg

B

Bubblemang

Yeah I would agree on not pressing it when it is wet. A slight bit of moisture can be OK IMO, but it needs to be more or less dry if and when you press it. I usually do a very light hand press on mine, forming into aprox 3 gram balls after it has dried for a while, to get that nice, slow, dry and cure at the end that I shoot for. I find this method tends to preserve the trichomes and terpenes a bit more than leaving it in the crumble/powdered form (IMHO). Plus the really nice hash will usually comes out pliable and some what sticky so that it just sort of globs together in a blob even when it is dry, always a good sign :)

Word a wise Blaze up! I don't think you need to do small pieces to cure. I like to do two ounce to 4 pieces. After curing its not shiny or sticky or dry. It's all wax from the inside out. This wax crumbles into gold trichomes when rubbed between your fingers.

That wax-ness won't occur unless I let the hash get dry, then do a nice anaerobic cure. At least a couple weeks sealed.

Blaze

Blaze

I've tried it both ways (plus many others) and prefer my current method. I've found itt preserves more of the oils, resulting in better flavor and smell. You can see a pretty noticeable difference under the microscope too.

Everyone has their own preferences though :)

B

Bubblemang

I've tried it both ways (plus many others) and prefer my current method. I've found itt preserves more of the oils, resulting in better flavor and smell. You can see a pretty noticeable difference under the microscope too.

Everyone has their own preferences though :)

true that, you have a photobucket or something with blaze bubble?

can I ask what bags you are using and what separation method?

those oils, the cannabinoids and terpenoids, are located within the gland heads. many of the terpenoids are reactive with low boiling points and are what we focus on preserving. i've found preserving them long term isn't the issue these days, lol, :)

kif, or dry screen, on the other hand has these oils inside the gland heads, and on the outside. some claim dry screen is "better" for this reason, but that's over looking the facts that ice water extract has literally been rinsed clean. Both are great, the best of both kif and bubble are up around 60% THC these days. My Blackberry Kush ice water concentrate tested over 52% at Steep Hill Lab. The flowers tested over 15%.

B

Bubblemang

This was a pretty run. Romulan.
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/romulanbubblejar.jpg
Northern Lights x DJ's Blueberry
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/BBxNLbubble.jpg
Some more Jack
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/IMG_20110119_144101.jpg

B

Bubblemang

And some dry screen for fun, which also does not require pressing, and also can be full melt clear dome.
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/IMG_20110210_125526.jpg

Blaze

Blaze

I use the Bubbleman brand ones, 20 gallon, 8 bag set. Usually do a 5-10 minute hand mix with a canoe paddle (I assume that's what you meant by separation method?) Other than the paddle and the difference at the very end, my method is pretty similar to what I recall you posting on rollitup. I've been tinkering around with a USB scope, so I can check out what's really going on with our friend the trichome (there are at various stages of the process):

29 h5
30 drying2
B 1
B 3
BBP01
Burn3
Dried4
Guava ff 24hr 04
H interior3
H surface1
M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Beautiful

That hash looks amazing, nice work. I usually just put a paper/plastic plate in the bag over the hash puck, flip the bag over and flick remaining hash out onto the plate, then let dry. The most important thing is Good in makes Good out. I'don't press mine

mal

B

Bubblemang

Everyone's using fresh/frozen trim?

and thanks for compliments. The "trick" on the jack shot was natural light.

ps: sick macro photos!!!

Blaze

Blaze

I use fresh/frozen when ever possible, but I do a good amount of dry shake too. The fresh/frozen is almost always better though IMO. In those micro shots the more silver colored pics are of fresh/frozen, the more amber looking stuff is from dry shake. Both are melty, but the fresh/frozen tastes a lot more like the bud it came from and IMO tends to smoke smoother and just in general be more pleasant. I've noticed the fresh/frozen seems to usually get me more more stoned too.

M

Mmmmasonite

Hey, let me apologize for my tone, I did not intend to be rude. This is a major issue in the ice water extraction world. Bubbleman takes responsibility for this, as his articles and videos showed this technique. But he admits, this is very bad hash technique, and that you need to break up the hash as much as possible to let it dry.

Think about it, the water gets stuck inside and essentially gets emulsified with the hash. Let me ask you, what color is that pressed wet hash? Is it black like this?

No worries bradda...Well the thing is, I do break it up and do several separate twist and squeeze gigs.. .It turns out like good dime sized pieces, brown on the outside and tan/goldenish light brown on the inside....Is that too many colors?..lol.... I sort of miswrote earlier to make it easier..I just said "dump it all in the screen" when each 1/4 teaspoon of hash full gets a separate squeeze in the final handheld screen.....My fault......I should write more carefully.....My patients just really love mine compared to the others they can find here ......That's how I base things...... I know the way I do it may not be perfect.....What do you suggest? I am open to new ideas ...that's how you grow....HE HE..... What should I be doing different?

OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

I accidentally pressed my hash while turning over the small bits several times with a razor blade for the purpose of even drying. Now I have a golf ball of rock hard, gooey and sticky hash that's not dried. How can I break it up again to dry properly, or will it get easier to handle/break apart as it dries?

I realize it's an old thread but it came up on my search.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I had some scissor hash recently and it was good, It was cured for a week but I pressed it with a pollen press and it smelled and tasted better. I pressed it because the balls I rolled disintegrated and I have no screens for my bowl. I know you guys are talking bout bubble hash though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom