do you use mobile phones ?

• Thread starter I B L
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hubcap

hubcap

in a nutshell....

if a device is 'wireless' it means it transmits/receives, or, transceives, if you will.

this requires a signal to be 'broadcast' over air.

no form of 'broadcast' trasmission is secure, or private.
no matter how much encryption. if 'some1' wants to listen, they will.

point to point optical connections are the most secure.
they dont broadcast, nor can they be 'tapped' without a drop in signal, giving themselves away.....
-hubcap-

T

todgerdelburro

anybody heard of outdoor growers getting caught with cellphone triangulation ?

as they can place a phone to within 10 or 20M [depends on mast density etc] ... what happens if they start wondering who planted xxxx plants in some remote location... and see your phone going there for a couple of hours, twice a week ?

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm with TK on this one. I haven't had a cell in over a year and fucking love it. For a cell phone to work, the system has to have access to it. So if your phone is working, then it's able to be tracked. Period. I personally don't wanna go out of my way and PAY to have a tracking device on me.

J

Jeffman

anybody heard of outdoor growers getting caught with cellphone triangulation ?

as they can place a phone to within 10 or 20M [depends on mast density etc] ... what happens if they start wondering who planted xxxx plants in some remote location... and see your phone going there for a couple of hours, twice a week ?

i would assume that if you re going to check your guerilla grow, ya don t take your phone with ya or you just take off the battery and dem won t be able to see where you are going .....
peace
jefman

The Joker

The Joker

With billions of cell phone users, you would have to do something really major to end up on the radar of a local/national agency in order for them to commit tens of thousands of dollars to tracking you. Anybody here doing anything that warrants that? Anybody on the radar of a federal police agency? I'm so under the radar and so small, I don't think they will be committing that money to tracking my closet grow.

As far as the storing of information, internet habits etc.

1. I used to work for a large research library connected to the library of congress. They have the following problem regarding data storage.

In the 80's they started getting rid of documents and storing them on microfilm to save space. Then the machines that read the microfiche were no longer made and no one made spare parts to maintain them. So they were obsolete.

So then these were transfered to a digital format in the early 90's. But they stopped making the software and the hardware for those machines, so they became obsolete too.

Then they...you get the picture....and that was just books and magazines.

How long before all the cell phone records and internet records are no longer readable due to : aging hard drives and obsolete software?

I think they are going to end up with billions of gigabytes of unreadable information in the not so distant future.

R

Rural_GrowOp

Has anyone seen the new commercial for one of the major cell phone carriers (I can't remember what one right now.) They give a bunch of statistics about how many people at any given time text certain phrases and so on. This is a big "Hey were listening to you and watching what your doing" if I ever saw one. I use a cell for work and thats about it.

A

awed

i use prepaid phones, end of story

not if your in the uk... http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article4969312.ece QUOTE "The move is targeted at monitoring the owners of Britain’s estimated 40m prepaid mobile phones. They can be purchased with cash by customers who do not wish to give their names, addresses or credit card details.

The pay-as-you-go phones are popular with criminals and terrorists because their anonymity shields their activities from the authorities. But they are also used by thousands of law-abiding citizens who wish to communicate in private" thats fucked

B

Beeronymous

This just in. Winston Smith, a suspected terrorist,is wanted for THOUGHT CRIME......
ahaha,i like the smoke signal idea.what to burn,what to burn....:devil

F

FarmerJoe

uk will never has to copy passport! pay as go is need no register name! but polices can be doing this for long time now! even whens off the phone is still listen! only way it not listen is take off battery!

im stay away from grow rooms with mobile phone! im never take it with me!im wonder 1 day maybe accident is happens and im get stuck! hahahaha lol.
soon ID will be needed to register a pay as you go sim.

Solidopc

Solidopc

I'm gonna buy myself some sims tomorrow. They sell 4 sims of any network for £10 at the local asian shop, and the guy at the chinest takeaway sells them aswell. Don't need to register. I need a new number, i had the same one 8 years now.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I haven't had a cell phone for a couple years now, and i absolutely love it. I love how it's become an over-played status symbol, with people buying $500 phones to look cool while calling their friends who have a $50 phone. Paying money to be tracked? Haha. Not for me.

D

Delusional

I get a new phone every 12 months or so, pay as you go no-contract providers only.

T

twisted metal

I haven't had a cell phone for a couple years now, and i absolutely love it. I love how it's become an over-played status symbol, with people buying $500 phones to look cool while calling their friends who have a $50 phone. Paying money to be tracked? Haha. Not for me.

If you dont go anywhere I understand, but the few people I know who live by that statement also were the ones stranded on the highway when car broke down. Crap happens and i as well wont ever drop loads of money on a CP, but I have one in case of an emergency.

J

jess27

In a case of emergency a cell phone may help, but the price is high. It takes away your last privacy and you can be tracked... I think about the times without a mobile phone, they are not so far away.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, before cell phones, people were fine. If i have to get stranded on the highway every great now and then, at least i'm not being tracked by someone i've never seen. The problem is, people think they NEED them to survive. Humans were fine before them, and will be fine without them. I know i have been.

C

caliskunker

babylon will control all !!! u havent learned !!! no need for moblie phones !! no need

Top Bottom