Does a 315w cmh ballast need a controller?

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

I recently took down my old setup which required a controller for my 1000w ballasts. However, now I’ve downgraded and just have a 315w cmh phantom digital ballast. I’m wondering if plugged into the controller, would it fail/break? Or is this something I should just plug into the wall? Thanks for any help on this, I just don’t want any electric problems!

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’ve been looking into it more and I agree my controller will probably just break that ballast. Do I really need another controller or will a surge breaker be fine considering it can hold up to 1800 watts?

Wait. It was late and i tead your comment wrong. You can just use your old hid controller. I was using mine for a 600 watt hps (the one i linked) and now for a 315. I have a dual controller for my 600’s now.

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Wait. It was late and i tead your comment wrong. You can just use your old hid controller. I was using mine for a 600 watt hps (the one i linked) and now for a 315. I have a dual controller for my 600’s now.
I got a titans Helos 11, 240v controller. Last time I used two ballast on them and they blew out. So I’m just scared it’ll do the same to the 315w phantom ballast.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I got a titans Helos 11, 240v controller. Last time I used two ballast on them and they blew out. So I’m just scared it’ll do the same to the 315w phantom ballast.

The light controller blew the ballast?

Top Bottom