Does a 315w cmh ballast need a controller?

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

I recently took down my old setup which required a controller for my 1000w ballasts. However, now I’ve downgraded and just have a 315w cmh phantom digital ballast. I’m wondering if plugged into the controller, would it fail/break? Or is this something I should just plug into the wall? Thanks for any help on this, I just don’t want any electric problems!

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’ve been looking into it more and I agree my controller will probably just break that ballast. Do I really need another controller or will a surge breaker be fine considering it can hold up to 1800 watts?

Wait. It was late and i tead your comment wrong. You can just use your old hid controller. I was using mine for a 600 watt hps (the one i linked) and now for a 315. I have a dual controller for my 600’s now.

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Wait. It was late and i tead your comment wrong. You can just use your old hid controller. I was using mine for a 600 watt hps (the one i linked) and now for a 315. I have a dual controller for my 600’s now.
I got a titans Helos 11, 240v controller. Last time I used two ballast on them and they blew out. So I’m just scared it’ll do the same to the 315w phantom ballast.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I got a titans Helos 11, 240v controller. Last time I used two ballast on them and they blew out. So I’m just scared it’ll do the same to the 315w phantom ballast.

The light controller blew the ballast?

Latest posts

Top Bottom