Does anyone else feel that Dispensary Cannabis is just Bad quality?

• Thread starter MrBigWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I think it depends on the state. We have good weed in the stores here. (We don't call them dispensaries.) The good stuff costs more, of course. I do like my homegrown, but it's nice to sample a strain without having to grow it.

Newty

Newty

In my area I wouldn't say it's bad quailty but the price is just so high, I can't believe what people pay in the state controlled dispensaries.

We also have a reservation with tons of dispensaries nearby but they operate under completely different laws, you regularly pay $50-$100 an Oz, $50 stuff is dirt but the $80-$100 stuff is more then worth it.

Newty

Newty

Does anyone else just feel that dispensary cannabis is awful? Once you start growing your own, there is no going back.
Some people just don't get it though. I know people that "knew everything" and wasted tons of money on equipment, they are now spending their paychecks weekly at the dispensary.

As long as you're willing to learn and listen to criticism and advice, growing is definitely the way to go. Nothing is more satisfying then lighting up something at the end of a long day and say hell yeah, I grew this!

DeadheadJim

DeadheadJim

Here in NY the dispensary bud sucks. Over priced. Which I can understand with overhead,taxes and shit. Dry as shit,no smell.
I went to Colorado last summer. Went to a dispensary for the 1st time. Killer bud and great prices.
NY government fucks up everything it touches. I'm all for supporting your local cannabis grower..fuck the stores...I'm black market all the way.
My buddy grows bud better then any dispensary here in NY. Not one or 2 strains but at least 10. Every month these is always something fresh.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Great topic of discussion. I have a good friend who works as a day manager in one of the more rural area dispos. It’s interesting, there is a definitely a push by store owners to chase to the bottom of price point. Get the people a 100$ ounce. But that ounce is crap “old pal” crushed outdoor. He as a manager would like to have the more boutique stronger and more diverse in terpenes and THC strength. (Of course those have much higher price point, and they carry a very small selection of 80$ eight 32% crazy bud too.
But when was the last time you wanted to spend 80 on a merger 3.5 grams, years and years right. With stores looking to provide the cheapest weed possible that’s what you’re getting cheap weed. Remember there just companies too, trying to maximize profits and reduce expenses.
There’s definitely some medical shops that are providing high quality bud, you just need to be apart of their p I ate walled garden to participate.
I’m more worried about the heavy metals accumulating in plant tissue issues, been reading those articles out of Colorado cadmium and arsenic in some of their puff. Makes me want to test my happy frog soil.
Keep growing all!
🧬🌲🧚🌱

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

In states with home grow. Dispensaries tend to have decent weed. In states without home grow. They take full advantage of the non competition and grow the shittiest weed ever.

S

somegrower

In my area I wouldn't say it's bad quailty but the price is just so high, I can't believe what people pay in the state controlled dispensaries.

We also have a reservation with tons of dispensaries nearby but they operate under completely different laws, you regularly pay $50-$100 an Oz, $50 stuff is dirt but the $80-$100 stuff is more then worth it.
Where I live dispo dank is $40-$50 per 1/8 oz. I can’t believe people pay that, and I’m certain what I grow is better.

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Not everyone has the luxury, space, property or legal means to grow
I'm in a medical only state that is literally surrounded by recreational use states and Canada to the north
Maine keeps our dispensaries in check with loads of products
If their quality or price gets out of hand you just head over the line and stock up
Dispensaries are a stones throw from the border, 5 minute drive from my house
IMG 20240314 180457
IMG 20240314 180627

My local does great bud that sticks to everything
Just started doing fresh frozen rosin in budder and vape carts
The above r from Maine
1 gram refined RSO, its a little less tacky than distillate
They r the same thing but the refined RSO is easier to work with when making infused syrup
$18 A gram
Use 5 grams per bottle of syrup which lasts about 6 weeks at 50mg per TEAspoon guesstimate
But......
There are dispensaries who will flat out rip you off
Lots of bad actors in every legal state with dried out ditch weed that gets substituted for the advertised flower
Check your products before you leave, pay first but check
Especially concentrates!

All that said, growing your own is the best option imo
In the end you know what's in it
For many of us legality or space to grow is an issue

S

SamSquatch

Michigan has much better weed than Ohio. Lume has Blackout weed which is dried and cured in glass jars in the dark at a low temp much like I do but my home grown is still much better because it's grown with TLC.
TLC for the THC !

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
They don’t have dispensary’s here in the uk
You can get weed from online doctors you have to sign up and you pay x amount and they give you x a week
( not much )

Normally weak weed you can’t get 20% stuff or have something that’s smells and tastes nice it’s just bland no taste smell stuff that wouldn’t get your grandma high

Really surprised to hear some on the dispensary’s sell good stuff
Sounds a lot like Amsterdam some being good and some being a total rip off

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Depends where ya go for sure! I stay away from the stores owned by gang members(cookies) and usually go for the brands I've smoked before cuz every time I try that bougie ass weed that Costs like a million for an eighth it smokes so bad and is like full of shit I don't want to put in my body. Look for brands that are known to do sungrows and try to get as organic as you can. But I get my pick out Herr in cali. More choices usually lead to finding better quality weed in the store.

Beazy

Beazy

I’ve personally never had anything with flavor or white ash from any dispensary in my part of MI !!! Never been in one but only tried a few times that friends have bought. They look at me weird after I say I’m good after one puff 😂

R

RandyWatsonJr

Here in NY the dispensary bud sucks. Over priced. Which I can understand with overhead,taxes and shit. Dry as shit,no smell.
I went to Colorado last summer. Went to a dispensary for the 1st time. Killer bud and great prices.
NY government fucks up everything it touches. I'm all for supporting your local cannabis grower..fuck the stores...I'm black market all the way.
My buddy grows bud better then any dispensary here in NY. Not one or 2 strains but at least 10. Every month these is always something fresh.
Yes but it's in its infancy. I think overtime they'll get their shit together. Not the govt, that'll never happen, but the marijuana business will work itself out and I bet the quality will improve with it.

I've spent a lot of time there over the last 3 yrs and it's come a long ways already. I went to a place called Dazed in Union Square and that place did not disappoint. Empire Cannabis is pretty good too, assuming they are still open. Haven't been in a few months. All overpriced but the quality and variety in both of these places would rival CO or CA.

Top Bottom