Does anyone know how to make Doctor Zymes Eliminator

• Thread starter DRan88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DeepCoverInDisguise

DeepCoverInDisguise

There's a couple products that are very similar on the market, all citrus based........... There are some citrus based bug recipes on the internet, fairly easy to make. But by the time you are done buying everything, etc.- it's best just to buy one of them and be sure it's safe and won't hurt anything.

DeepCoverInDisguise

DeepCoverInDisguise

NATURAL SPRAY WITH ORANGE RINDS​

Things you will need:

• leftover citrus rinds (oranges, lemons, tangerines, grapefruit or limes)
  • waterproof gloves
  • spray bottle
  • funnel
  • strainer
  • medium stockpot
  • saucepan with lid
  • pint or quart canning jars for storage
The active ingredient in citrus is d-limonene, which is also in other citrus fruits. Use the rinds of your favorite citrus to put together this simple spray.

Tips:

1. Remove the white portion of the citrus rinds using a paring knife (if needed). Cut the orange 9or, citrus0 rinds into smaller pieces.
  2. Place the rinds in a medium stockpot and cover. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
  3. Remove the saucepan from the stove and allow the rinds to soak for 12 hours.
  4. Strain the orange rind solution and addd to pint or quart mason jars for storage. To use in the garden, add your solution to a spray bottle in a 50:50 ratio – orange rind solution and water.
  5. Spray directly on your garden plants once each week, taking care to reapply after a rain.
Optional: feel free to add 1 Tbsp of castile soap to your spray bottle for extra killing power.

DRan88

DRan88

NATURAL SPRAY WITH ORANGE RINDS​

Things you will need:

• leftover citrus rinds (oranges, lemons, tangerines, grapefruit or limes)
  • waterproof gloves
  • spray bottle
  • funnel
  • strainer
  • medium stockpot
  • saucepan with lid
  • pint or quart canning jars for storage
The active ingredient in citrus is d-limonene, which is also in other citrus fruits. Use the rinds of your favorite citrus to put together this simple spray.

Tips:

1. Remove the white portion of the citrus rinds using a paring knife (if needed). Cut the orange 9or, citrus0 rinds into smaller pieces.
  2. Place the rinds in a medium stockpot and cover. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
  3. Remove the saucepan from the stove and allow the rinds to soak for 12 hours.
  4. Strain the orange rind solution and addd to pint or quart mason jars for storage. To use in the garden, add your solution to a spray bottle in a 50:50 ratio – orange rind solution and water.
  5. Spray directly on your garden plants once each week, taking care to reapply after a rain.
Optional: feel free to add 1 Tbsp of castile soap to your spray bottle for extra killing power.

Nice that's just what I'm looking for a natural spray. Have you ever used the natural spray with orange rinds. Was it successful at keeping pests at bay?

DeepCoverInDisguise

DeepCoverInDisguise

Personally, I just buy Dr. Zymes or one of the like ones, for ease........... you may want to check out PureCrop1 too.

DRan88

DRan88

I'm in Canada. Doctor Zymes is a bit expensive to get shipped. For some reason I can't find it here. I do have 1 gallon of it. May have to try your natural spray with orange rinds next season on my outdoor

mancorn

mancorn

Natural orange oil is commonly used in commercial herbicides so I’d be careful. You could make a natural spray with isopropyl alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, and soap for soft bodied insects, such as mites, thrips and aphids like the recipe in this video. But depending on your target pest it’s about the same cost as Lost Coast ($4/g), which is a fair amount more than a bottle of spinosad ($2.30/g) or PureCrop1 (at $1.60/g).

DRan88

DRan88

Just searched Purecrop 1. Seems like a similar product as Doctor Zymes. It is available in Canada but costs more for a gallon than it does to have a gallon of Zymes shipped from the U.S

mancorn

mancorn

Just searched Purecrop 1. Seems like a similar product as Doctor Zymes. It is available in Canada but costs more for a gallon than it does to have a gallon of Zymes shipped from the U.S
Yeah just looked 1/2 gallon @$100 makes 64g of spray. So unless I’m high that’s only $1.60g

I see that Dr Zymes doesn’t ship to my (u.s.) state. Listed as OMRI.

Last edited:
DeepCoverInDisguise

DeepCoverInDisguise

Look for Flying Skull "Nuke'm"....... same product except the company recommends a reduced concentrated spray. I questioned both manufacturers, they said it was the same product.

Top Bottom