Does anyone use side lighting in flower?

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Also 8 weeks along with mind tricks and a plant with shades of pink salmon leaves. Have temps turned down to 21 at night 23 during the day the blacklight is on 4 hours daily. They are consuming much less H20. 1 more lite coconut water feeding on Sunday. I have 3 blurples, 3 cfls, 1 string of red lights just switched my Mars Hydro to 100%. I have fans dehumidifier and air filter 24x7.
That's some fancy lighting you have there. It looks like a photo shoot...What ever works eh...it looks like you have some nice bud under it....nice work.....There was a guy on here a couple of years ago bigcube...he had a micro grow going with 7 dollar store lights in one fixture with 1 plant in a box......

It shows me you don't need much lighting to get good results.....

Npk420

Npk420

I've been using side lighting in my veg closet when my plants get large enough, then I put them in flower without any side lighting other than reflection. With my 1000w hps I'm wondering about adding a few led strip lights to help harden up the lower buds. Some of these led are cheap enough to put around the perimeter without adding much in electric costs........Just a passing brain fart I saw these on Amazon earlier and wondered if these or similar could help

I'm not talking about UV lighting just extra side lights to boost the lower branch buds...not so much in a Scrog lit area but more for my open grow where my sidewalls can be any where I want them. I just ordered these.

The running cost is minimal, your calculations are off. a bit

.."30 Watts total, for 21 days at 4 hours a day, about 84 hours @ 30 Watts, the cost is only several dollars "
Where I'm living its only $0.16/kwhr...your cost are only about $0.40 for the 84 hrs.

View attachment 1216056
I had Amazon gift card money burning a hole in my wallet. They fkin lie about delivery, once you click order they set a different date...

If you want side lighting and not suplimental lighting as uv uvb it far red etc... Go all in and get something that will make the difference you're looking for and watch Amazon lights like the ones your looking at cause them ain't no t5 or equivalent to One. It has no par barely and personally think if you want results go for better side lighting. Read all reviews on Amazon cause you can find some great lights on there just got to find them. Szhlux makes smaller watt led bars that pack a punch and are cheap. Just don't want to see ya waste money and time but it is a great idea. Check out migro on you tube see if he has any videos about good side lighting

Herman420

Herman420

I just searched Shlux. Do you use their lights. Dude, if the PAR chart is correct, then these are most definitely the best bang for the buck! I use Viparspectra lights and have no complaints, but it looks like I could have almost halved my investment with these!

Herman420

Herman420

I took this bud off the very bottom at 6 weeks into flower. I didn't have cloning jel, or peat plugs. I just stuck it in soul. It took about 4 weeks to start showing the deformed looking leaves, then at 5 weeks it took off like a bandit.y wife calls it Rocky Horror 😂 😂. This is a White Widow and I wish I had done this with the Alien Rock Candy because I haven't anymore seeds and the free seeds turned out to be my favorite indica leaning strain, yet. It has a narcotic type feel without putting me to sleep.

Try it, but take two cuttings and use peat plugs and jel.....but be patient with her.

PXL 20220217 173803343
Herman420

Herman420

My set up....

4x2 tent houses 3 auto flowers, germination, clones and limited vegetation.

3x2 closet houses transplants for vegetation finishing or over flow flowering currently contains 2 Skunk, 3 Apple Fritter, 3 Jager Kush, and three clones of Maui Wowie

5x3ish closet is the trophy room... currently contains 1 AK-47, 2 Big Bud, 2 Maui Wowie, 1 Amnesia Haze, 2 Chocolope, 3 Durban Poison, and 2 Panama (punta rojas).

Much of this current grow is experimentation in cloning, LST, mainlining, space management, etc.

PXL 20220218 171258730
PXL 20220218 171349169MP
PXL 20220218 171415370MP
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I've had several guys pm me telling me use my TS 1000 as side lighting and said they use side lighting. So not sure if that helps you make a decision seeings how you're looking at strips.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My set up....

4x2 tent houses 3 auto flowers, germination, clones and limited vegetation.

3x2 closet houses transplants for vegetation finishing or over flow flowering currently contains 2 Skunk, 3 Apple Fritter, 3 Jager Kush, and three clones of Maui Wowie

5x3ish closet is the trophy room... currently contains 1 AK-47, 2 Big Bud, 2 Maui Wowie, 1 Amnesia Haze, 2 Chocolope, 3 Durban Poison, and 2 Panama (punta rojas).

Much of this current grow is experimentation in cloning, LST, mainlining, space management, etc.
That's a full house....none in the bedroom yet?

Adaptive_420growing

Adaptive_420growing

I installed a set I found on amazon for $44. I’m curious to see the results. With a 3:1 red/blue ratio it has to help flower production a little I would think. We’ll have to see if the extra 60w (well 40w for me im using 4 out of 6 light bars for now) is worth it.

17A5FA17 A113 423A 9654 2CA08FB3A27C
sambapati

sambapati

I installed a set I found on amazon for $44. I’m curious to see the results. With a 3:1 red/blue ratio it has to help flower production a little I would think. We’ll have to see if the extra 60w (well 40w for me im using 4 out of 6 light bars for now) is worth it.
makes for a nice looking tent good luck..

B

buhdda

Also 8 weeks along with mind tricks and a plant with shades of pink salmon leaves. Have temps turned down to 21 at night 23 during the day the blacklight is on 4 hours daily. They are consuming much less H20. 1 more lite coconut water feeding on Sunday. I have 3 blurples, 3 cfls, 1 string of red lights just switched my Mars Hydro to 100%. I have fans dehumidifier and air filter 24x7.
I like that those who who use their create their own gardens, using their ideas to create their own, seen many that did it made a cabinet that looks like a cabinet but opens from the sides there you got autos, some even used bathtubs

Top Bottom