Does Cutting When Its A Full Moon Have An Effect On Weight?

• Thread starter CaliforniaGrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaliforniaGrown

CaliforniaGrown

I've had a couple people tell me that if you cut during a full moon, you get a heavier pull. I guess that's what a lot of growers do in Mexico. They told me they cut during a full moon cause its weights more. I do know the moon has effect in a lot things because of its gravitational pull, but really don't know on this one. Anyone have any insight?

A

A.Sherman

I've had a couple people tell me that if you cut during a full moon, you get a heavier pull. I guess that's what a lot of growers do in Mexico. They told me they cut during a full moon cause its weights more. I do know the moon has effect in a lot things because of its gravitational pull, but really don't know on this one. Anyone have any insight?
I think that has to do with moonlight to work by before electricity. Maybe planting at the full moon has more of an effect.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Seeing as there is only one full moon per month you would have to have the right strain in the right region to pull it on a full moon at peak maturity.

jacktheknife

jacktheknife

This is an interesting question.
I know Mexicans who have told me cedar fence posts which are cut during the waning moon will last 100 years and posts cut during the full moon will rot. I know Jorge well and have worked with him for 25 years and he has never lied.
I bought $500. worth of cedar fence posts 30 years ago from a farm supply store. I put them in my yard and they rotted, the whole fence has been gone for 15 years.
While fence posts from an old abandoned fence which is in my front pasture and I know was 100 years old is as tough as it could be!
The original gate posts are still there!
100 years, 1916!
There is something to that, there is...

Thank you...

Jack the Knife...

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I think folks usually plant with the moon not harvest--
and some use completely different moon calendars...

Smerb

Smerb

IMG 20160612 122301
here is some proof it'll work

Smerb

Smerb

At times when your plants are hungry you'll know to give more or less. Small things.

Keekee

Keekee

I dont believe planting or harvesting of on moon cycles holds any truth,kinda reminds me strawberry diesel,the strain smells like strawberrys because it was grown in a strawberry feild ( my god what a load of shit)!.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Down in the cities in Georgia,
they'd say--
"it tastes like that 'cuse they grow it under the pine trees"...

BudBogart

BudBogart

Moons gravitational pull effects the tides, therefore water.
Any minuscule increase in weight during a full moon would be water weight which you would then have to dry out of your hanging cannabis.

Smerb

Smerb

I can't believe the blindness here. If you don't use the lunar cycle than you won't see the effects. Go ahead and try it and then tell me it doesn't coincide. I almost can't believe the ignorance here . 1000's of years of lunar cycle and you think it doesn't go along with gardening. Sorry

Smerb

Smerb

The weight isn't what you should be looking for at the end. You want them to finish properly. Weight is gained while growing..... a 60 day strain is easy to use. I see it work.

Blaze

Blaze

I think the moon can have some effect but it is relatively minor and should not be the primary factor that guides your decisions in the garden. Like I said earlier, don't do something stupid because the moon cycle says so, I've seen people really screw up their plants like that.

Like for example I know someone who was really into the whole lunar cycle thing and insisted that their plants go in the ground on a very specific date. It HAD to be that date no matter what. A few years ago a huge storm was predicted that week, but they planted anyway, because that was when the lunar cycle matched up. Well, their plants got the shit kicked out of them by a bunch of hail and rain and wind and it stunted the garden for weeks costing them a lot of yield and the end of the season. So be sure you are paying attention tot he other big factors, like the weather.

The biggest factor the moon has on harvest time for outdoor from what I've seen is you are a lot more likely to be ripped off on a full moon. In fact some people even refer to that first full moon in late Sept as a 'rippers moon' around here...

Top Bottom