Does it really matter to have Feminized Seeds?

• Thread starter smalltime99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smalltime99

So I just ordered some new seeds and was wondering if it makes a big difference to have Feminized Seeds VS regular? I learned how to clone 12 years ago and have never had a need for seeds. I have now just wanted to taste something new and have it be mine from start. How do you guys suggest starting the seeds for use in Hydro? Should I just start them in small grodan cube? Thanks for any help

OGONLY

OGONLY

It matters if you don't want any males.

Any medium will work to start em. Just keep it moist and not too wet.

darkmatter

darkmatter

i personally wont regular seeds,both types get that money,theres a lot reasons people make them now, it seems fems can hone in, on the core of some strains.i started breeding right when i started growing cause seeds are expensive, probably 60% of the seeds i make suck, but its fun making them, regulars make this possible.female seeds save time for sure,just gotta have a good clone game,keeping a healthy mother plant is not easy as the months go on, with fem seeds you always got one in the bag.you yourself can make fem seeds, the bottle of stuff to do it is cheap

H

hydrotran

It matters big time if you are not a breeder. Regular seeds you spend time germing them and it will have a mix of females and males. Fem seeds will all be females.

B

billybadazz

If your just growing for smoke then its not a problem however if you are breeding you don't want to use feminised seeds as this can unlock recessive traits from the fem side of the mix and is not considered "good" breeding stock. Also many oldschool breeders will not even make fem. seeds because they believe that fem seeds bottleneck the gene pool and could possibly stagnate it. -BB

S

smalltime99

Thanks I appreciate the info. I guess we will see what happens when they show up. Hopefully I can make it work as well as I have cloning. Thanks

darkmatter

darkmatter

the ogr ones are without a doubt are representing up in this piece, i havent smoked or grown any but i wish i was.i think some of the fem seeds are made to cock block, cause people will take peoples seeds and piss on there name, so this slows this. i think most of the grows on here are clones at least the popular ones, fem seeds will give you the clones just as well . not to me, but i see a strong point of 10 plants all females being better than the split of regulars depending on your case money and time wise, purpose.im glad theres a choice.maybe its just easy to spray some shit on your best plants and letem dust the ones bringing up the rear.ive grown and still have some fem seeds got me fucked up just the same.fem seeds are here to stay

Z

Zedekia

Call me old school but Regular seeds are what I like to buy...

A couple reasons are this:
Feminized seeds do not guarantee anything... You still have a chance to get a male, and you stand a better chance to get a hermie. The process to make feminized seeds ensures this is always a possibility. Good breeding lessens the chances.
I am a breeder so I don't want to breed in any kind of hidden hermie genetics.
Many breeders feminize seeds to lock down their genetics, it makes it harder to breed good plants...
That all being said, there is a place for feminized seeds for sure... I think that Automatic feminized seeds are a good bet. I have spent years trying to perfect one strain and I am getting closer and closer.... But I ditched all of my other feminized breeding programs.
You are looking for ONE GOOD MOTHER PLANT... so what if you have to throw out a few males in the mix. They are easier to find than hermie plants most of the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom