does PM start on the stems and branches

• Thread starter 20north
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

20north

does pm happen on stems and branches / stocks because i have 3 dreamqueens that have alot of shiney white stuff that looks almost normal but it looks somewhat white so im thinking its not cloriphil its pm it hasnt gotten to the leaves yet what can i do

does northernlights or blueberry get PM easy

should i buy a sulfer burner? what can i get besides organic soap to get rid of this

K

KushMaster707

hey 20north i always notice pm on my leaves first but always on the stems as well, it could be me just not looking hard enough though. Most everyone i know uses a sulfur burner and never complains of pm. I have also grown blueberry once indoor and it was very quick to show pm bc its buds are so massive.

R

Rolln J

pm will show up on your stems - but you will usually find round white spots on the leaves first...

green cure - potassium bicarbonate - organic, non toxic - safe to spray on budding plants - if your grow is big (4x8 or more) I would definitely get a sulfur burner to maximize your coverage - you just dont want to use sulfur after about day 19 in bloom.

J

Jalisco Kid

I would but an electric skillet(sulfur burner) at a second hand store an buy something else with your money. Is it hairs on your stems? JK

20north

thanks alot everyone i guess ill hav to go get a sulfur burner

20north

so is it possible to just use a portable electric stove and burn the sulfer that way? or will it make it burn to hot ect..

ive seen the do it your self on icmag but i dont have the time to build anything im to busy with work n school

J

Jalisco Kid

An electric skillet has served me well for 4 years. Less then 3 bucks used. I believe you want it about 275*. JK

R

Rolln J

Jalisco you are a wealth of information! - thx for the tip - I cant understand why a burner is 170 bux - what do you burn the sulfur in?

J

Jalisco Kid

The skillet. The best used electrical thing I bought for a friend was some type of crepe cressant type maker it had four cups in it. cost 1.25. Thrift store on Home ave always has crap like that. JK

R

Rolln J

ah sorry I was thinking of a hot plate I guess - I know the greenhouse burners use a thick aluminum cup, which btw if it runs out of sulfur will burn aluminum oxide and KILL everything in your room, including you if you breathe it in.

I

Inuit

Hey all, at my university, they cut a 12oz Aluminum pop can in half, and place it over a light bulb with a few holes in the base.

A cheap way to make on is to get a small vegetable can and a tuna can. Empty and clean both throughly, removing all paper and glue. Drill hole in the bottom can and attach 60w(this might not be correct, will check tomorrow) lightbulb inside the can. Then, place a piece of 1/2" drywall on top of the light bulb. Add the tune can, it should nest inside the larger one and touch the drywall. Add sulfur and plug in.

Be safe

I

stickyicky

stickyicky

The skillet. The best used electrical thing I bought for a friend was some type of crepe cressant type maker it had four cups in it. cost 1.25. Thrift store on Home ave always has crap like that. JK

I'm the sucker who bought the real deal. When this wears out I know what to do.

Jalisco is fricken Mcgyver man. Nice work bro.

R

Rolln J

nah - not a sucker bro, lol - just not informed...

edit - all the electric skillets Im seeing have that nonstick shit on them - Im not sure I like the idea of vaporizing sulfur in that...

N

noone88

You shouldn't be melting aluminum. If you use a skillet (or a hot plate), set the temperature to 250 to 275F. The melting point of sulfur is 235 degrees F.

The container will heat up after the sulfur is gone, but the container itself will not melt.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

sounds way easier than trying to neem a jungle...You'll never eradicate it that way; there's always a few spots that survive. Speaking of neem while we're on the PM topic, a guy told me it was acceptable to neem until harvest, then burn the neem off with H2O2 so it doesn't affect the taste of your buds. He claims to spray the buds and leaves with the peroxide and dry them in front of a fan before final trim. I've medicated with his herb; it's top notch. What are the health ramifications of this???

R

Rolln J

You shouldn't be melting aluminum. If you use a skillet (or a hot plate), set the temperature to 250 to 275F. The melting point of sulfur is 235 degrees F.

The container will heat up after the sulfur is gone, but the container itself will not melt.

the container does not melt - the aluminum cup in the greenhouse burners is very thick - but it will burn and it by doing this it puts off aluminum oxide.

somebody I know did this - hes cheap and doesnt put new sulfur in every time he burns - well there wasnt enough sulfur (or it could have caught fire and burned off quicker - you should always peak in when burning to make sure there is no flame) and even before he opened the door he knew something was wrong because of the smell.

It made his eyes burn, all the plants were already wilted, even the moms that were off to the side with the closet door open and within hours they just yellowed up and shriveled up - dead!

the aluminum cup, was burnt but not melted...

so dont take you sulfur burner for granted.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Jalisco

altitudefarmer why not just use peroxide only. I do not buy that it can oxide the neem oil
I'm going to research further whether or not it will dissolve the neem. I'd hesitate to try and control the problem with straight H2O2; once that extra oxygen molecule is released, you'd just have water soaking your buds. IMO, NOT the solution for any type of mold or mildew...LOL! (I could be totally wrong here, though). I'll post anything new I find out. Tnx J!

D

danko

so what kind of container should you use on the hot plate to burn the sulfer? maybe a little clay far or even pyrex or something? would that work? just some sulfer in a pyrex jar on a hot plate???? i ask cause that PM fucken pleagues me bros! and yeah like altitude said, you cant neem a jungle! ive tried every harvest with no avail!! always get some PM at some point! its getting redick! this time i fogged my room with a bomb of plyther--somethen i cant remember the name but its supposed to kill any mold or bacteria in the room. i hope that helped, but just in case i want to know a safe way to burn sulfer too!

Top Bottom