Does Shatter Cure?

• Thread starter gumby420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gumby420

gumby420

Ive noticed after a slab comes straight out of the oven when i sample it a lot of the time it tastes slightly different. like if its a tangie strain the tangie will become more noticeable after its been in packing for 24 hours or so. am i tripping or is there something that happens once the shatter is exposed to atmosphere? i havent really noticed a big difference in crumble or sugar, just shatter.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Finally hacked into my old acct and changed password so I will stop using the temporary MatoNupai acct

Sorry for inconvenience

WonderDawg

WonderDawg

Yes. Concentrates cure just like flower. The terpenes evaporate over time within the has and leave THC-a crystals remaining. This is why shatter often turns to crumble when it isn't stored properly (in a cold, dry and dark place).

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

What about vacuum sealing the extract in mason jars? Would that keep the product stable?

Wonder Dawg

Wonder Dawg

What about vacuum sealing the extract in mason jars? Would that keep the product stable?

Not really. It's more about the temperature you hold it at. Think of it like organic butter or fresh unprocessed extra virgin olive oil. It will "go bad" at room temp fairly quickly because ultimately it is the oil from a plant and will begin to break down no matter what. It's best to keep your hash in an airtight container in the freezer.

Wonder Dawg

Wonder Dawg

IMG 6869

Latest posts

Top Bottom