Does The Real True Old School Og Kush Exist Anymore?

• Thread starter Purp Nugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Thats ok, many wont agree. like i said the real og kush many have not smoked. Most people dont know its possible for weeed to stick to the back of your tongue after you smoke it and taste like no other thing on this planet. Your missing out man! OG kush samples tested out of califonia and colarado have linalool which is a floral fragrance found in flowers. If you smell the oputside of a mangoe it can smell swampy like an og kush go try it before you knock it. Its called science.
I am not missing out buddy, not only have I smoked it, I have grown the original Ogkush. i agree it has a remarkable taste unlike a lot of strains. If you are getting floral and mango flavors and smells, then your bagseed OG is a hybrid OG at best, sorry. I just dont like to see all the misinformation spread like "ogkush came from the hindu kush mountains", lol.

Judaz

Judaz

i am not done! i am blowing the lid on this wide open. 1984: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_anti-Sikh_riots

http://rhiever.github.io/baby-name-explorer/index.html?BabyName=kush
sikh immigration brought the kush and that is why some claim to have it earlier than the 90s. Just look at the baby names from the sikh who were fleeing persecution in india and coming to the US. these are US stats. They correlate with the sikh massacre timeframe.

No shit Sherlock... You are absolutely correct. Kush is from India and Pakistan and that mountainous region. But OG kush is not from there. Maybe the Indica side of OG kush comes from there but you cannot claim that just because its called Kush then it comes from the mountains of India and was created there. What we can say is that yes maybe the female or the male plant that was used to create og kush came from that region. THATS IT Tell me then why the hell wasn't "og kush" made popular in India and Pakistan instead of the US? Maybe you should pick up an old school marijuana book from Robert Connell Clarke (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Connell_Clarke) called the Cannabis evolution. Kush is Indica no Doubt. But OG Kush is not. It's the result of one of the best pure Indica and pure Sativa crosses that were happening in the 80's in the US, especially in California. Maybe after this you'll get your head out of your ass and back your shit up with true cannabis history and logic.

Fact #1 Cannabis Indica looks a certain way
Fact #2 Cannabis Sativa looks a certtain way
Fact#3 Look at the OG kush plant in vegative form and explain to me what characteristics about it make it a true Indica plant from the region of the kush mountains.

Here a post I did a while back on icmag.

"While we can't use claims on bulletin boards to back up the origins of the true OG Kush. We can use logic and also study the history on how marijuana got started in California. While there are 2 main types of marijuana in the worls (Indica & Sativa) you got to wonder where did they originate? You never hear old hippies from the 60's and 70's talk about an actual native California strain. The origins of Sativa strains come from tropical, hotter more humid types of environments like Thailand. And the origins of Indica's come from dryer climates like Pakistan and Afghanistan and India hence the infamous indica Kush strains.

I have a friend who has been growing bud here in our local Cali mountains of socal since the early 70's and when I first showed him my legit OG Kush cut his eyes lit up… and he knew right away the true origins of the OG strain. The obvious its a saliva-Indica Hybrid with slightly tilted on the Sativa side. The first thing he said to me was that it reminded him of the thai-sticks…he smelled it and tasted it in the bud. The 80's was a magical moment for cannabis because some of the best crosses came about at this time when marijuana enthusiasts were crossing the best pure indica genetics with the best pure sativa genetics. OG kush was born. Unfortunately after the 90's you stopped seeing these killer strains because everything started to get diluted with dutch genetics.

By Rick Pfrommer, Director of Education, Harborside Health Center

Original landrace and other heirloom strains are often lost in today’s hyperkinetic world of breeding. ‘Landrace’ refers to strains that are indigenous to an area, such as Red Congolese. ‘Heirlooms’ are strains that were collected worldwide during the 1970s and propagated in Hawaii and Northern California. Our constant desire for new strains leads breeders to continually cross and re-cross existing strains looking for the next big thing. There is, however, a small but growing contingent of cultivators who’re returning to our cannabis roots and propagating old landrace and heirloom strains. Varieties range from pure African sativas to Afghani indicas, collected by world travelers on the infamous Hippie Trail (also referred to as the “Hashish Trail”).

All during the 1970s and early 1980s, cannabis aficionados of all stripes traveled the world smoking the finest cannabis and Hashish available. From Nepalese temple balls to the famed Mazar-i-Sharif Afghani Black, the Hashish Trail was filled with exotic delights. The trail rolls on through Lebanese Red to Moroccan Kif, with stops in Bangkok for Chocolate Thai, and Columbia and Mexico for their infamous golden strains. Many of these intrepid souls also collected seeds during their travels. It was these landrace strains that became the basis for the nascent cultivation culture that eventually sprang forth in both Hawaii and Northern California.

Talk with any cannabis connoisseur old enough to remember these legendary strains and you’ll come away with tales of their epic strength. Equatorial sativas from Africa to Vietnam flourished in Hawaii’s tropical dreamscape of cannabis cultivation. Indicas from Afghanistan were more at home in Northern California’s cooler climate. I was fortunate enough to live on the Big Island of Hawaii from 1993 to 1997, and I can attest that the best cannabis I have EVER smoked was grown in volcanic soil on the slopes of the largest active volcano in the world, Mauna Loa. By the time I got there almost everything grown in Hawaii was some combination of genetics, no longer a landrace. Yet a few of the old-timers still had access to the classic ’70s strains, making for a wonderfully unique and diverse smoking experience.

From Nepalese temple balls to the famed Mazar-i-Sharif Afghani Black, the Hashish Trail was filled with exotic delights.

The scene in California at this time was slightly different. Northern California, as beautiful as it is, ain’t Hawaii. The Emerald Triangle rests approximately on the same parallel as Afghanistan and the Hindu Kush mountains. While Southern Californians could grow Columbian and Mexican sativas, their northern counterparts found the stocky indica plants much better adapted for their climate. Shorter flowering time allowed harvest to occur before the fall rains came with their mold-inducing downpours. These short and chunky plants produced the infamous skunkweed that became Northern California’s calling card. Again, anyone old enough to remember this cannabis will never forget the pungent, almost rancid, skunk-like aroma. I remember going to parties in the early ’80s with this herb double-bagged-and still being outed minutes after walking in. “Yo man, I know you’re holding, share the love!” Our own Steve DeAngelo also has memories of this era, saying that to this day he’s not seen cannabis like what he saw from Northen California in the late ’70s and early ’80s.

(Here's a Freebie so you can educate yourself and stop confusing people with your uneducated understanding of cannabis history of Indica and Sativa http://magicgreenery.com/download/i...s_Evolution&Ethnobotany_Clarke&Merlin2013.pdf )

Screen Shot 2018 02 26 at 113728 PM
Upload 2018 2 26 23 48 15
Judaz

Judaz

I am not missing out buddy, not only have I smoked it, I have grown the original Ogkush. i agree it has a remarkable taste unlike a lot of strains. If you are getting floral and mango flavors and smells, then your bagseed OG is a hybrid OG at best, sorry. I just dont like to see all the misinformation spread like "ogkush came from the hindu kush mountains", lol.

This guy Bora is a joke. No wonder he got ousted from icmag.

Judaz

Judaz

Superkawai was posting on icmag where i was banned and we had some convo on a same thread but im not here trying to invent og kush I am here to give out my version of it and educate people and cannabis from india or outside the equatorial zone. You can tell me all day that og kush is not from kush mnts but science says otherwise. you can actually go to india and see it grow yourself. Also what you think is the real og kush might be diffrent than what I think. I posted shots of what i consider the closest thing to og kush i can personally get. Hate all you want but thats because you are connected and you dont want it getting out.

You and superkawai. Fairy tale story tellers

Judaz

Judaz

Bilby the story goes that josh ds boys brother came in and smelt the bagseed grown out. said it smelt like kush berries.

There is only one problem with the story actually two.
A.)D's boys didnt know what kush meant and there is no such thing as a kush berry.
B.)The same CBD rich earthy funky cannabis grows in the kush mountains in india and around in the area.

shots fired.

SHOTS FIRED BACK For your Info og kush does not have much cbd in it. Lmao....

366D7315 D3C0 4DD6 B208 88B0BFEBA05E
Judaz

Judaz

you dont know. you are making all this up. the kush mountains are extremely humid and thats why the og kush has some non serrated leaf blades.
So what if the kush mountains are humid that does not mean OG Kush is from there

Judaz

Judaz

This lady asked for og kush advice and you came on here bumping your chest at me with your og kush in your hands bro. why dont you give input to the thread creator.
I am bro because I’ve had my cut since the late 90’s which comes from Matt then to Kenji. she was asking if the true OG Kush exists anymore. So I’m answering the question. I’m from the San Fernando Valley bro. Where OG Kush was made famous not India lol

Judaz

Judaz

04C06814 85C9 4220 B63D 69A0ACC35B2A

C4C0A9F3 64D8 4A3E 826C 61450AB200B0

My cut

I am from southern California too. and og kush was made famous in the india and then in the emerald triangle in norcal. get it right. your bs lemon piney sfv is not real deal sorry.

I’m not talking about sfv. That’s a pheno of the true cut. Im talking about the original ogers.

Judaz

Judaz

there is no lemon thai in og kush. if josh d got bagseed then how would anyone know if it had lemon thai in it? they dont. People who say og kush smell like lemons thinks og kush is something different than i do.

Not lemon. Earthy, sweet and piney almost has this musky like smell

Judaz

Judaz

without smoking it i cant say anything.

At the end of the day you make all these wild claims and come up with this story of you finding a bag seed from a sack in emerald triangle yada yada but you cannot back your shit up with any past histor or people to vouche for you. Your a nobody. Your info is spam. I hope a moderator notices how you are just trolling these threads pissing people off

Judaz

Judaz

I dont want any sativa anyways keep your hybrid plant away from my pure genetics please. I prefer the happy relaxed potent stone of the indica without any mind racing shit sativa breed in. No i do not want your "lemon thai" in my pure afgani landrace og kush.

Look dude. All I’m saying is that you are confusing people here. So Yes you may have the original 100% kush from India. But what we all know as the ogers, OG Kush is not the original Kush if you so call it. The original Kush comes from the Middle East. But what the girl in this thread was asking about was the ogers from back in the day.

Judaz

Judaz

If I had a penny for all the people that have asked me for OG Kush I would be on an Island sipping a martini right now.

Is it even in existence anymore?

In my head I picture strains like pure bred dogs - They have bred & re-bred so many of the Top studs that it's only a small percentage out there anymore.

You are referring to that ogers from back in the day right or are u referring to the original land race kush strains from the Middle East ?

Judaz

Judaz

no you dont understand. My weed was tested. labeled. and confirmed to be the original og kush in califonia. you know the 10k/lb stuff except the truth is it goes for 3800 5 year ago when it was around. It was from a farm up north in the emrald traingle who confirm through email that is was the original but i already knew it was because the smell and quality. The farm claim hybrid but its indica. in my op.

Please post your paper work and certification. I would love to see it

Top Bottom