Does The Real True Old School Og Kush Exist Anymore?

• Thread starter Purp Nugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MershMarket

I'd like to see it why not,all those cuts,triangle,ha and sfv seem to be vetted as real in most peoples opinion.
I'd like to see it why not,all those cuts,triangle,ha and sfv seem to be vetted as real in most peoples opinion.
All real...ogk comes from the seed bank..Neville ..HP/super skunk/NL/Hindu Kush mostly and Florida it wa$ krippy had bag seed which formed Triangle

Krippie94

Krippie94

All real...ogk comes from the seed bank..Neville ..HP/super skunk/NL/Hindu Kush mostly and Florida it wa$ krippy had bag seed which formed Triangle
I could believe it. I was just looking at Mr.Nice Dreamtime...
Afghanistan, NL, Skunk, and HAZE...THAT'S IT. THAT'S (pretty much) IT!!!
Why would you need something outside that genepool ? IDK...

Judaz

Judaz

Og Kush is not even a true Kush. In fact the Florida cut is more sativa dominant than Indica in the plant structure but the flowers tend to be more Indica like sometimes and other times come out more sativa like nug structures at times depending on the environment, nutrients used. It has many different ways of expressing itself all within its parameters of its given genotype. Which in fact implies that og kush is not really a pure “Kush” strain either. It’s Hybrid. Kush/Thai strain.

there seems to be a confusion between Kush and Og Kush. Kush strains are 100% Indica thus landrace strains that had been bred for their specific environments. The smell of kush is always pungent. The smell is thick and it stays in the room long after the jar has been closed and put away.Thick smelling like some of the incense you would smell at church. Kush can smell sweet and musky at the same time, while being earthy with hints of pine and sandalwood.

Kush is one of the oldest strains of cannabis that exists, native to the Hindu Kush mountains that run along the Afghanistan/Pakistan border. It’s the Indica that came from that region that is referred to as Kush.

On the other hand what we’ve all know and grown to love as og kush is the brilliance of basically crossing the best sativa genetics with the best Indica Kush genetics. So in essence it’s not a pure Kush strain. It’s a hybrid and it’s phenotypes can sometimes smell more on the lemony side, (Sativa terps) and sometimes more on the earthy Woody piney side (Indica Kush Terps) a lot depends on the environment as well that can kind of shift things around a bit. However when you have a mixture of them and have a dominant lemony smell you get the gasoline, pinesol kind Smell which also in my opinion is a sign that the og kush is a bit chemed out and was not flushed right. The old school legendary og kush smells pungentlyMusky, sweet and earthy with hints of pine when it’s properly flushed, high in resin content and cured properly. To me It smells like an exotic Kush not so landrace kush like smelling like the incense at church.

PinesolGuy

PinesolGuy

However when you have a mixture of them and have a dominant lemony smell you get the gasoline, pinesol kind Smell
That rite there what you described is by far the Greatest most tastiest loudest terp/taste/profile/smell in marijuana! Real true mouth-watering flavor & potency

rickysimples

rickysimples

In 2011 I grew OG Kush #18 from Reserva Privada seeds and that was my first time experiencing that OG flavor profile. The rubberband, chem, gassy smell coupled with greasy ''randy from TPB greasy'' buds.

I've grown a lot of 'OG' crosses since then and none of em' even touched that flavor profile... up until recently when I ran some Ghost Cake & Creme Friasche from Dankonomics Genetics. All three phenos of the Ghost Cake were HEAVY ghost leaners, and smell 100% like OG. Same with the Creme Friasche, which is Triangle x Dosidos #9 F2. Same thing there, all three phenos of CF I ran came out heavy on the OG side of things. It was extremely perplexing. I thought I was losing it, or my senses were off, so I mailed Matt samples of all 6 phenos and he was just as surprised as me.

I don't really know the point of this rambling, but I really enjoy 'OG' strains, it's what I'm always chasing when I grow. Usually if the smell is there, everything else falls into place. I swear you could give me a 100 samples of bud and I'd pick all of the OG crosses out by smell... probably not, but you get the point.

PinesolGuy

PinesolGuy

In 2011 I grew OG Kush #18 from Reserva Privada seeds and that was my first time experiencing that OG flavor profile. The rubberband, chem, gassy smell coupled with greasy ''randy from TPB greasy'' buds.

I've grown a lot of 'OG' crosses since then and none of em' even touched that flavor profile... up until recently when I ran some Ghost Cake & Creme Friasche from Dankonomics Genetics. All three phenos of the Ghost Cake were HEAVY ghost leaners, and smell 100% like OG. Same with the Creme Friasche, which is Triangle x Dosidos #9 F2. Same thing there, all three phenos of CF I ran came out heavy on the OG side of things. It was extremely perplexing. I thought I was losing it, or my senses were off, so I mailed Matt samples of all 6 phenos and he was just as surprised as me.

I don't really know the point of this rambling, but I really enjoy 'OG' strains, it's what I'm always chasing when I grow. Usually if the smell is there, everything else falls into place. I swear you could give me a 100 samples of bud and I'd pick all of the OG crosses out by smell... probably not, but you get the point.
I feel the same way once I realized that I had the genetics just sittin in a container for years I haven’t stopped. I’ve collected bagseeds from different batches of real street OG Kush since early 2000’s and every one of those seeds I had grown out was an exact copy of the Kush that it came from.. But back then I didn’t know shit about cloning or preserving nor did I give a shit until now. I’ve wasted countless s1 seeds over the years just growing em without ever cloning and all of my seeds were always top noch str8 sour lemon pinesol fuel!!! OG will always reign supreme amongst all cannabis strains. It will never leave my garden

Basic5Super6

Basic5Super6

I’ll take u on that bet
I have OG cuts that haven’t even circulated due to reasons I can’t go into..

But I bet u my pure kush is just as good as ur josh D (which is really the sky walker G btw)

It’s gonna get even more convulooted now that they realized seeds with the same fucking name smh
Actually PK is the west coast headband its
Not the OGK . Which is same bag seed as triangle was found the other headband is TK91

PinesolGuy

PinesolGuy

Actually PK is the west coast headband its
Not the OGK . Which is same bag seed as triangle was found the other headband is TK91
I believe you are mistaken the HeadBand in the west coast is actually Sour Diesel x OG A.K.A Sour Kush & has nothing to do with the original Headband from N.Y which I believe is a 3way cross of Chemdog 91 x SuperSkunk x Northern Lights

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

keep talkin... I'm almost there... maybe throw a landrace and a couple "jennefers", in there, for me. (ever seen a Jennifer, with an exterior that needed ANY spackle?).

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

can we spend xmas, under your treeS?

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Og Kush is not even a true Kush. In fact the Florida cut is more sativa dominant than Indica in the plant structure but the flowers tend to be more Indica like sometimes and other times come out more sativa like nug structures at times depending on the environment, nutrients used. It has many different ways of expressing itself all within its parameters of its given genotype. Which in fact implies that og kush is not really a pure “Kush” strain either. It’s Hybrid. Kush/Thai strain.

there seems to be a confusion between Kush and Og Kush. Kush strains are 100% Indica thus landrace strains that had been bred for their specific environments. The smell of kush is always pungent. The smell is thick and it stays in the room long after the jar has been closed and put away.Thick smelling like some of the incense you would smell at church. Kush can smell sweet and musky at the same time, while being earthy with hints of pine and sandalwood.

Kush is one of the oldest strains of cannabis that exists, native to the Hindu Kush mountains that run along the Afghanistan/Pakistan border. It’s the Indica that came from that region that is referred to as Kush.

On the other hand what we’ve all know and grown to love as og kush is the brilliance of basically crossing the best sativa genetics with the best Indica Kush genetics. So in essence it’s not a pure Kush strain. It’s a hybrid and it’s phenotypes can sometimes smell more on the lemony side, (Sativa terps) and sometimes more on the earthy Woody piney side (Indica Kush Terps) a lot depends on the environment as well that can kind of shift things around a bit. However when you have a mixture of them and have a dominant lemony smell you get the gasoline, pinesol kind Smell which also in my opinion is a sign that the og kush is a bit chemed out and was not flushed right. The old school legendary og kush smells pungentlyMusky, sweet and earthy with hints of pine when it’s properly flushed, high in resin content and cured properly. To me It smells like an exotic Kush not so landrace kush like smelling like the incense at church.
someone retains entire pages... stalk list!

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Shhhhh......Michigan growers got some talent! Nobody knows yet!
there was, actually n is- a google answer, to this question... it's what i checked, before feeding my seed addiction, the last time and about a year, to find it under one roof/seedhouse. it can b more... um... aggravating, than it's worth.

shaganja

shaganja

yes! when running triangle lines, am looking for that sativa long internodal! when i see one leaning that way, i get a chubby!!

shaganja

shaganja

That's one of the reasons I usually get brother and sister to do it to make seeds to pass it on. I guess it depends on the breed or two. I mean, can you get a keeper out of one pack of Bodhi?
I ran phone home, gift beans from friend, and had the triangle leaner come out. Was long internodal with the nugget nugs. Funny because am so rookie, (three full years) I didn't know what triangle kush even was. But this was the winner of a 12 plant summer garden this year containing pineapple express, and blue dream also. I just really love this plant. I think I just popped my og cherry! Lol

shaganja

shaganja

They werent mine. I didn't start growing till long after those strains got yanked. Doesn't take much research to find them. 2001 Afghan gold. 57% I'm sorry you didn't have any bro. It was good
this means there was more tricomes than plant fiber.......

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

more trichomes than plant fibers... can u imagine? i had a dream about that, once. i remember, it was snowing out...

Top Bottom