Does The Real True Old School Og Kush Exist Anymore?

• Thread starter Purp Nugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

The term kush is used for marketing. Sounds cool right? Kush is an IBL in the kush valley. Citrali kush is of the most famous. I know of the beans....shhh...real citrali kush...real kush is alright but it's not exciting...it has an earthy incense taste. Very subtle and potency is moderate.

Nor the kick in the teeth or the berry lovers pick.

SinCity

SinCity

my fight was not with you guys. i apologize for losing it. my fight is with adam dunn and company. i'm less crazy than i am old. things in the late 1980s/very early 1990s were so different that i think people from then and people now have a hard time believing each other...adam dunn's information is almost always incorrect. strains today have been assigned official histories that start in the mid-1990s. and that's ok. as always was and always will be, the good guys do win. adam dunn and company no longer have a hold on people.

CONGRATULATIONS TO PHYLOS BIOSCIENCE and all the hippies, geeks, and freaks--past present and future. Keep breeding and when you get something you like--MAP THE DNA FOR YOU AND FOR THE WHOLE WORLD.

Happy to help in any way i can to get those genetics safe and sound in the genetic map.

ibesmokin

ibesmokin

If I had a penny for all the people that have asked me for OG Kush I would be on an Island sipping a martini right now.

Is it even in existence anymore?

In my head I picture strains like pure bred dogs - They have bred & re-bred so many of the Top studs that it's only a small percentage out there anymore.

I do believe I can help clarify this a bit. First, let's consider that all cannabis strains - albeit whatever ridiculous name it may be referred too as - is just a marker method to describe the ratio of indica to saliva in an individual stains genes.

That said, I'll be more specific regarding your question.

OG kush, is short for ocean grown kush. This is a descriptor for a cross between an OG, and a kush. The ocean grown stain is a San Fernando based breed of blueberry and Afghan, bred to be a deep indica that would handle the increased intensity of hydroponics. It was then crossed with a pure kush plant for flavor and body.

Why kush? Kush is basically skunk#1 x w/ Afghan gold. That's a 100% indica x w/ a 100% saliva.

the result is what's known as sfogk (san Fernando OG kush ) . If you want, ask your clone supplier to give you the deepest indica OG he has. Without a doubt he will have only one strain matching that criteria.

As for the "c2".inquiry, it is short for cam2. A cam2 plant such as cannabis is dormant during it's night cycle, where as a cam 1 plant like cacti have night cycle processes.

Good luck, bud.

Krypto

Krypto

my fight was not with you guys. i apologize for losing it. my fight is with adam dunn and company. i'm less crazy than i am old. things in the late 1980s/very early 1990s were so different that i think people from then and people now have a hard time believing each other...adam dunn's information is almost always incorrect. strains today have been assigned official histories that start in the mid-1990s. and that's ok. as always was and always will be, the good guys do win. adam dunn and company no longer have a hold on people.

CONGRATULATIONS TO PHYLOS BIOSCIENCE and all the hippies, geeks, and freaks--past present and future. Keep breeding and when you get something you like--MAP THE DNA FOR YOU AND FOR THE WHOLE WORLD.

Happy to help in any way i can to get those genetics safe and sound in the genetic map.
So, I'm curious your thoughts on Dabe Richard and his tales of OG KUSH.

Organikz

Organikz

Oh boy...the term "OG" describes f1 seeds grown in the PNW that were brought here from another country. It is either dubbed original gangster or ocean grown. The story cannot be supported although some tend to think it did mean original gangster since the hippie mafia had affiliations with the Panthers...what do u think?

Last edited:
CoolnDeadly6

CoolnDeadly6

If I had a penny for all the people that have asked me for OG Kush I would be on an Island sipping a martini right now.

Is it even in existence anymore?

In my head I picture strains like pure bred dogs - They have bred & re-bred so many of the Top studs that it's only a small percentage out there anymore.
Yea it’s chem91skva lol. Or there sour diesel cuts to

SinCity

SinCity

So, I'm curious your thoughts on Dabe Richard and his tales of OG KUSH.

first let me say again how great what you guys are doing here is...as you well know, cultivation knowledge used to be as tightly held as cuttings...what a fucking beautiful thing to have it all set free.

and i'm grateful to you for talking with me straight and true....even though i flipped out. sorry bout that

i'll look for what dabe richard has said.

...but what i know from my day is just i know from my day :) nothing more, nothing less...
rec
re the hindu kush, just like the very fine breeding of the chitrali kush IBL (keefe never had it so good!) the hindu kush was an excellent crop strain and a great parent strain, held by all the Dutch banks. it was a parent of choice on both coasts from the mid-80s on. i couldn't tell you the lineage of it--the Dutch banks would know i think--and you guys would know better than i, but that particular genotypedoesn't seem to have been kept..nor do i really think that it necessarily needed to be, because alot of it's traits can easily be selected from so many of the polys around

CoolnDeadly6

CoolnDeadly6

first let me say again how great what you guys are doing here is...as you well know, cultivation knowledge used to be as tightly held as cuttings...what a fucking beautiful thing to have it all set free.

and i'm grateful to you for talking with me straight and true....even though i flipped out. sorry bout that

i'll look for what dabe richard has said.

...but what i know from my day is just i know from my day :) nothing more, nothing less...
rec
re the hindu kush, just like the very fine breeding of the chitrali kush IBL (keefe never had it so good!) the hindu kush was an excellent crop strain and a great parent strain, held by all the Dutch banks. it was a parent of choice on both coasts from the mid-80s on. i couldn't tell you the lineage of it--the Dutch banks would know i think--and you guys would know better than i, but that particular genotypedoesn't seem to have been kept..nor do i really think that it necessarily needed to be, because alot of it's traits can easily be selected from so many of the polys around
Need more sin skunk ::)✊

SinCity

SinCity

Oh boy...the term "OG" describes f1 seeds grown in the PNW that were brought here from another country. It is either dubbed original gangster or ocean grown. The story cannot be supported although some tend to think it did mean original gangster since the hippie mafia had affiliations with the Panthers...what do u think?

cypress hill!

CoolnDeadly6

CoolnDeadly6

Dave richards was telling others stories , frank ran bunkers
But to long of bs to go into, but Dave did one Gold Coast manic is incredible bud it’s def a VA skunk. X garlic believe

Organikz

Organikz

Look up the brotherhood of eternal love. They are also known as the hippie mafia and are responsible for 90% of the foreign genetics brought into the United states.

Read the book orange sunshine.

@Krypto has the BOEL connection!

CoolnDeadly6

CoolnDeadly6

Look up the brotherhood of eternal love. They are also known as the hippie mafia and are responsible for 90% of the foreign genetics brought into the United states.

Boel. Manic bud is off handle had tell him how good was! Top 10

SinCity

SinCity

cypress hill!

straight up, i can't quite remember where the name of a strain called OG begins and where us young punks having fun and runnin' around livin'like ganstas ends---again, the majority of people just grew Dutch seed bank stock straight and true--there just wasn't much breeding except for a few particularly ambitious people. i couldn't tell you for sure if you looked back on the Dutch catalogs if you would fine a specific strain named 'OG'

CoolnDeadly6

CoolnDeadly6

straight up, i can't quite remember where the name of a strain called OG begins and where us young punks having fun and runnin' around livin'like ganstas ends---again, the majority of people just grew Dutch seed bank stock straight and true--there just wasn't much breeding except for a few particularly ambitious people. i couldn't tell you for sure if you looked back on the Dutch catalogs if you would fine a specific strain named 'OG'
Barnys OG mex skunk/lem thai

SinCity

SinCity

@Krypto has the BOEL connection!

you could go to jail for a seed...jesus, getting seeds mailed was suicide....smuggled 'em back sewed into the seam of your jacket, if you were a guy. girls have always had an unfair advantage...to this day!

ibesmokin

ibesmokin

in a practical, logical world you would be right. Nothing wrong with the assumption that OG is an acronym for original gangster in a reference to the popularity OG has enjoyed in most grows. This is what most people believe is the definition, although the "ocean" referenced in the name is another descriptor meant to show how that particular stain was a determination to utilize the advanced potential of the hydroponic deep water culture method.

Essentially, the connection is roots suspended in an airid nutrient water as if it was literally "grown in an ocean"

Organikz

Organikz

Be careful...not everything labeled BOEL is actual BOEL genetics. It's a stolen label just like og kush. My BOEL road kill skunk has been hidden away in Guadalajara where it been interbred with local landrace to enhance skunk characteristics.

Top Bottom