Does The Real True Old School Og Kush Exist Anymore?

• Thread starter Purp Nugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CoolnDeadly6

CoolnDeadly6

Be careful...not everything labeled BOEL is actual BOEL genetics. It's a stolen label just like og kush. My BOEL road kill skunk has been hidden away in Guadalajara where it been interbred with local landrace to enhance skunk characteristics.
Good place to be mex where the kill comes from opal mex , know Lot rainbowe but was more manic bud save hit me off with was incredible, but I rock Va skunks what grew up on sssc sk1 lines 80s but sure your project sounds great

Organikz

Organikz

The story behind the ocean grown side that ive heard is that the guy that grew the first afghan kush grown on U.S. soil was asked by his friends and his reply was "nah this is ocean grown bro".

OG Kush

SinCity

SinCity

in a practical, logical world you would be right. Nothing wrong with the assumption that OG is an acronym for original gangster in a reference to the popularity OG has enjoyed in most grows. This is what most people believe is the definition, although the "ocean" referenced in the name is another descriptor meant to show how that particular stain was a determination to utilize the advanced potential of the hydroponic deep water culture method.

Essentially, the connection is roots suspended in an airid nutrient water as if it was literally "grown in an ocean"

oh i like that!!

these are all long-ago memories...it was an extraordinary awakening to watch rap emerge and take it's stand...
FUCK THE POLICE
(and the city has always serviced the music industry. we all just kinda came up at the same time...the last free place in America in the early '90s. California was not safe anymore because tour was no longer safe. It's funny now how the coasts have changed back=--I'm sure they will again. And it's illegal to sell seeds Holland. SHEESH

Organikz

Organikz

Lol this is like talking about Bigfoot. It's cool to hear the different takes. Stories are all over on the stuff

SinCity

SinCity

here's one thing i do know...nobody was the single holder of the Dutch seed bank strains, ya know? it wasn't until that game-changer came along that it became like that...

Krypto

Krypto

Dave Richards from Adam Dunn show "OG KUSH part 2"
OG is short for Original.
Back when the "kush" was just starting to blow up , the few that had cuts and were growing it and people were paying in advance for it. Before long EVERYONE with anything good was slapped the kush name on it. Eventually folks in the know started to ask for "kush" and had to make sure it was the "original" ...oger...OG.
" Hey, is that "kush"? , is it "OG KUSH".
NAYBE??!!

CoolnDeadly6

CoolnDeadly6

Back when the "kush" was just starting to blow up , the few that had cuts and were growing it and people were paying in advance for it. Before long EVERYONE with anything good was slapped the kush name on it. Eventually folks in the know started to ask for "kush" and had to make sure it was the "original" ...oger...OG.
NAYBE??!![/QUO. Believe the last part but Richards was a liar for to many things but agree on words part, frank was one and even calling it dog chembud.in high desert, his daughter barely rem Richards think went school together something

SinCity

SinCity

and there's an official origin story that
NAYBE??!!

what i remember--for whatever that's worth, but i'm pretty sure about it but of course could be wrong--is that 'Kush' was short for the only Kush in the US at the time--'Hindu Kush', an IBL held by all the Dutch seedbanks. I can't say beyond a shadow of a doubt, but those strains were the same across the seed banks, unlike today. It's why they were such important parents. Hugely stable phenos with eminently transferrable genos.

SinCity

SinCity

and there's an official origin story that

what i remember--for whatever that's worth, but i'm pretty sure about it but of course could be wrong--is that 'Kush' was short for the only Kush in the US at the time--'Hindu Kush', an IBL held by all the Dutch seedbanks. I can't say beyond a shadow of a doubt, but those strains were the same across the seed banks, unlike today. It's why they were such important parents. Hugely stable phenos with eminently transferrable genos.

Bubba Kush was the first truly American Kush I know of...(for whatever that's worth...)

SinCity

SinCity

i gotta say, except for that one particular one that does need to protect its people, i just don't understand all the goobley-gook of these cover stories my generation floats! it's part of what pisses me off...i mean ok. seeds in a bag. ok cool. but all the others are DUTCH INNOVATIONS that we just imported, and started to play with a little...YOU GUYS ARE THE REAL INNOVATORS, YOU GUYS HAVE DRIVEN THE STRAIN REVOLUTION :)

I know you guys can only know what you've been told...i just think there's been alot more evasion by my contemporaries than is necessary...

ibesmokin

ibesmokin

here's one thing i do know...nobody was the single holder of the Dutch seed bank strains, ya know? it wasn't until that game-changer came along that it became like that...
Bro, the sad truth is far more sinister than that. I was rolling with the top shelfers before chronic was commonly available.

I've smoked the real deal skunk #1. The first Afghan gold; g13, hashplant, white widow, and the king of all strains -- the Burmese. Cannabis at its unregulated peak, averaging 55%+ thc which produce calx pistels almost 1/4 inch in thickness and that covetted creeper high. I smoked pounds of the shit. It was beautiful.

Back to reality - in the early 2000s, the fda realized the full magnitude of what this miracle crop would do for the sick once their web of lies demonizing it are exposed. But more importantly, they realized what it would do to their top marketcrush profitier - the multi billion annual profit of pharmaceuticals.

By the mid 2000s, the feds had successfully taken hold of all the 55%+ thc strains which their geneticist converted to what we now consider the highest thc content. 25-29%. Uncle Sam took my ice cream, and I will never forgive him for it

SinCity

SinCity

By the mid-2000s the feds no longer had any control, thank god ;)

I've NEVER seen a THC count anywhere near that, but what do i know? THC levels have gone steadily up since the 1990s. Today is wildly more of an explosion than there ever was!! There was no day ever better for this plant than today. It's a goddamn real live revolution :)

CoolnDeadly6

CoolnDeadly6

80s breeding sssc club skunks and va skunks and the skelly but only two real ways make true Skunk is Afghan And Mexican/ so America . But yes those guys ones made happen before and I try remind people of the history and things people did to get us this pot now , mind blowing

SinCity

SinCity

80s breeding sssc club skunks and va skunks and the skelly but only two real ways make true Skunk is Afghan And Mexican/ so America . But yes those guys ones made happen before and I try remind people of the history and things people did to get us this pot now , mind blowing

i hear you--and you're right. i shouldn't be too extreme in homogenizing things...but lord the crap that's being spun on radio shows...yikers.

SinCity

SinCity

you're absolutely right.

the landraces that were developed here musn't ever be forgotten...peonia, big sur...

SinCity

SinCity

you're absolutely right.

the landraces that were developed here musn't ever be forgotten...peonia, big sur...

and of course all the outdoor strains from Sonoma on up...i have no insight into those.

ibesmokin

ibesmokin

I
By the mid-2000s the feds no longer had any control, thank god ;)

I've NEVER seen a THC count anywhere near that, but what do i know? THC levels have gone steadily up since the 1990s. Today is wildly more of an explosion than there ever was!! There was no day ever better for this plant than today. It's a goddamn real live revolution :)

I smoked ounces of shwag back when sensimelia was synonymous with the black hole myth. Once the kind yeska became available it did not become available to everyone. I had a waiting list ppl had to join if they wanted an eighth of my g13, original kush (not to be mistaken for "OG kush ") hashplant or Afghan gold. 75 an eighth. The highest thc content strains were not for sale and kept for my pers smoke - Burmese and skunk #1.

Point I'm making is that very few knew of the aforementioned strains or their thc content let alone has smoked it. It's not surprising even for accomplished growers not to have been privey to them.

Final note, your right: the feds had very little to do with the 2000 operation I mentioned earlier.

It was the fda, they stood to suffer the biggest loss to the emergent high thc cannabis. They are the ones that spearheaded the operation

In case this sounds very fantastical to you - remember - back in the early 60s when Mexican politicians refused to stop the cartels from growing cannabis sold to Americans in the usa..... Yup, you guessed it. Thc content manipulation was their weapon of choice. B52 bombers were used to drop copious amounts of contaminants on the crops, degredating the thc and birthing the cannabis that would be referred to as the "shwag " or "shwaggles".

The history book on the shelf - it keeps repeating itself. -Abba

Krypto

Krypto

I heard that! The rabbit hole is far deeper, darker, and stranger than we could immmagine!!!
I mean in all seriousness... Nothing surprises me anymore. But The whole doctors Association, FDA, insurance companies, big Pharma 9/11 , JFK the government... Nothing Is What It Seems these days.

Top Bottom