Does these look good? and why is 1 of them so dark?

• Thread starter ticsy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Could it ever be that its genetics? That one plant just has a darker shade of green than another plant? Or should they always have the same type of shade of green?
It could be genetic, but I don't think so. Its leaves have a long, narrow look that is characteristic of sativa. Sativa also tends to be a lighter shade of green than indica. So, no, they don't always have the same shade of green. This plant has wider lower leaves, so it has some indica genetics in it, too. So, it's a hybrid, of course.

Another characteristic of excess nitrogen is shiny leaves. This plant has that, too.

The plant is a few weeks into flowering, so it is almost time to reduce nutrients anyway.

Waffleman

Waffleman

It could be genetic, but I don't think so. Its leaves have a long, narrow look that is characteristic of sativa. Sativa also tends to be a lighter shade of green than indica. So, no, they don't always have the same shade of green. This plant has wider lower leaves, so it has some indica genetics in it, too. So, it's a hybrid, of course.

Another characteristic of excess nitrogen is shiny leaves. This plant has that, too.

The plant is a few weeks into flowering, so it is almost time to reduce nutrients anyway.
Awesome ty, I think I might have a similar issue, although my plant seems to be doing ok otherwise (buds are forming nicely) but I might back off on the nutrients a little and see what happens

ticsy

ticsy

thank you guys.. the one with the darkness is: "pineapple express Auto" and it wasn't that dark last time (last time I got root rot and it died) it have stopped growing some the last weeks, but the other plants have "taken off" so it's something wrong.. stagnated growth, broke a branch and dark leaves xD ill try only water for some time...

Waffleman

Waffleman

thank you guys.. the one with the darkness is: "pineapple express Auto" and it wasn't that dark last time (last time I got root rot and it died) it have stopped growing some the last weeks, but the other plants have "taken off" so it's something wrong.. stagnated growth, broke a branch and dark leaves xD ill try only water for some time...
Let us know how it progresses, im also going to ease up on the nutrients >_> Do you tend to feed it nutrients every time you water or do you give it just water in between feedings? I tend to give mine nutrients each time i water (every 2-3 days) so maybe i should do a feed - plain water - feed regiment 🧐

ticsy

ticsy

Let us know how it progresses, im also going to ease up on the nutrients >_> Do you tend to feed it nutrients every time you water or do you give it just water in between feedings? I tend to give mine nutrients each time i water (every 2-3 days) so maybe i should do a feed - plain water - feed regiment 🧐
I only give nutrient 1 time a week. so I wont give that one nutrient for a week or two.. and hopefully we will succeed :D

Waffleman

Waffleman

This is mine, it's already pretty late into flower so I donno if whatever i do now is going to have a lot of effect. But I've been giving it plain water inbtwn feedings & lowered the nutrient amount when I give it nutrients. (only done this for a week, so even if it would do something it probably won't be showing it this fast) But it looks like my leafs are a bit shiny, though it seems to only effect the ones more towards the top. The bottom ones don't seem to have the shine.

Signal 2024 03 03 153402 002
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
hi, do these plants look ok? and why is 1 of them so dark leaves? the one with dark leaves are 52 days old.. the others are 41 days old
All else being equal it's probably genetics

ticsy

ticsy

1 week later... still got dark leaves, so i will continue flushing.,...

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Just chiming in... definitely looks like genetics and flowers and leaves don't look stressed at all... no tip burn...no taco leafs...

What are you using for nutes... can you just back off the nitrogen and keep p and k at current levels?

ticsy

ticsy

Just chiming in... definitely looks like genetics and flowers and leaves don't look stressed at all... no tip burn...no taco leafs...

What are you using for nutes... can you just back off the nitrogen and keep p and k at current levels?
I use this mix i bought from my local store so i cant do that, but i will continue giving it only water for some days and see whats happening, it also have stagnated it's growth (the 2 others planted 3 weeks later are already bigger)

Top Bottom