Doing everything right but my weed still doesnt taste as good as i want. Please help lol

• Thread starter Errly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Curing is absolutely necessary if you want your bud to be the best it can be. So many people neglect this step, and it's really a big part of how the final result smells and tastes.
Even if your strain happens to taste good after the dry because some do, a proper cure will bring out the best of what it has to offer. As @TSD and others have said, the cure is essential if you want it to be the best it can be.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

That’s outdoor like a winnebago is camping 😆
Only so far you can push the limit when you live in an extremely populated city. The chief of police came to my house that year and threatened to ticket me. Fortunately I was able to at least finish the grow to harvest.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I know, most folks here are indoor growers, don't have to deal with the nonsense of a once yearly harvest that takes a month. I'm just an outdoor lover, so I like to make my life difficult. 🤣
I love sun grown but I have a ton of aphids and caterpillars in my area. Electric rates are criminal here.

TSD

TSD

I love sun grown but I have a ton of aphids and caterpillars in my area. Electric rates are criminal here.
I get aphids almost every year...I expect it and just keep planting more herbs in my garden hoping that someday they will be deterred... but I don't blame them, I'd set up shop and suck weed juice if I were a bug too. 🤣🤷‍♀️

jesterthejedi

jesterthejedi

Hey again people.

Ok so I'm in no way an experienced grower, this is my 5th time growing but I've invested a lot into my room to a imo a high standard room here in the UK where it's still very illegal sadly.

Anyway I'm rambling on but this room I've gone to lengths to make it as good as I can afford. I'm doing everything I know to be right and yet I'm still not satisfied with my flowers taste and burn. Dont get me wrong it looks amazing but I'm not getting the pungent nose from it, I have to break it smell anything but when I break it, it smells nice.

I've got metal ducting for air flow which is connected to an opticlimate machine ( I'm not saying this makes a grower) but just letting you know I had the temps pretty much perfect through out veg, flower and even drying thanks to the opticlimate. I've attached photos and videos.

But why wont it taste amazing, why isnt it stinking the bag? I've used good neuts, flush for 7 days which on a dripper system in coco. Hung upside down whole plant in 16⁰c between 50-62% RM and now been curing for 4 days but still nothing. I'm sure it should smell lovely at end of the 14 day hanging?

My thoughts on what it could be......

1: First time using dripper system for flushing. Last batch same thing, white as but not very smelly or tasty.

2: had drip trays on top of the pots, medium connected with drippers, tray would get dirty sometime, possible that?

3: Had opticlimate set at 16⁰c day and night but night time it switches to warm air instead of cold air but still keeps the temps at between 14_17⁰c? This was drying temperature by the way.

4: Had a small fan on the floor blowing straight forward across the floor but not direct at and buds.

This is all I can think of that may have affected my final product, or do I just need to cure longer? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Peace out my fellow farmers 💚
Curing takes 2-4 weeks to improve the potency of the buds. Stick them in mason jars and do a daily air burp for 3 weeks before you sample it again. Patience is the key.

Latest posts

Top Bottom