Doing everything right but my weed still doesnt taste as good as i want. Please help lol

• Thread starter Errly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Errly

Errly

Hey again people.

Ok so I'm in no way an experienced grower, this is my 5th time growing but I've invested a lot into my room to a imo a high standard room here in the UK where it's still very illegal sadly.

Anyway I'm rambling on but this room I've gone to lengths to make it as good as I can afford. I'm doing everything I know to be right and yet I'm still not satisfied with my flowers taste and burn. Dont get me wrong it looks amazing but I'm not getting the pungent nose from it, I have to break it smell anything but when I break it, it smells nice.

I've got metal ducting for air flow which is connected to an opticlimate machine ( I'm not saying this makes a grower) but just letting you know I had the temps pretty much perfect through out veg, flower and even drying thanks to the opticlimate. I've attached photos and videos.

But why wont it taste amazing, why isnt it stinking the bag? I've used good neuts, flush for 7 days which on a dripper system in coco. Hung upside down whole plant in 16⁰c between 50-62% RM and now been curing for 4 days but still nothing. I'm sure it should smell lovely at end of the 14 day hanging?

My thoughts on what it could be......

1: First time using dripper system for flushing. Last batch same thing, white as but not very smelly or tasty.

2: had drip trays on top of the pots, medium connected with drippers, tray would get dirty sometime, possible that?

3: Had opticlimate set at 16⁰c day and night but night time it switches to warm air instead of cold air but still keeps the temps at between 14_17⁰c? This was drying temperature by the way.

4: Had a small fan on the floor blowing straight forward across the floor but not direct at and buds.

This is all I can think of that may have affected my final product, or do I just need to cure longer? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Peace out my fellow farmers 💚

Doing everything right but my weed still doesnt taste as good as i want please help lol
Doing everything right but my weed still doesnt taste as good as i want please help lol 2
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I had the same problem when I was using nutrient salts. When I switched to growing organic, taste improved dramatically ... but I was also more experienced and I'm sure that played in it too. I would suggest investing in a USB digital microscope ... the kind that takes pictures with your smart phone. That way you can accurately see what the trichomes actually look like. It's tough to tell otherwise. The other part is the cure process.

Errly

Errly

It's genetics mane... have you done a ton of different strains? I've done 4 strains on my first grow only found one I liked. Doing 16 strains now.
Its definitely not the genetics man, I got the cut from my friend who is a multiple cannabis cup winner from his genetics and I've had it from people before and its banging!
It's something I'm doing wrong or not doing that's getting to this stage

Anthem

Anthem

Hey again people.

Ok so I'm in no way an experienced grower, this is my 5th time growing but I've invested a lot into my room to a imo a high standard room here in the UK where it's still very illegal sadly.

Anyway I'm rambling on but this room I've gone to lengths to make it as good as I can afford. I'm doing everything I know to be right and yet I'm still not satisfied with my flowers taste and burn. Dont get me wrong it looks amazing but I'm not getting the pungent nose from it, I have to break it smell anything but when I break it, it smells nice.

I've got metal ducting for air flow which is connected to an opticlimate machine ( I'm not saying this makes a grower) but just letting you know I had the temps pretty much perfect through out veg, flower and even drying thanks to the opticlimate. I've attached photos and videos.

But why wont it taste amazing, why isnt it stinking the bag? I've used good neuts, flush for 7 days which on a dripper system in coco. Hung upside down whole plant in 16⁰c between 50-62% RM and now been curing for 4 days but still nothing. I'm sure it should smell lovely at end of the 14 day hanging?

My thoughts on what it could be......

1: First time using dripper system for flushing. Last batch same thing, white as but not very smelly or tasty.

2: had drip trays on top of the pots, medium connected with drippers, tray would get dirty sometime, possible that?

3: Had opticlimate set at 16⁰c day and night but night time it switches to warm air instead of cold air but still keeps the temps at between 14_17⁰c? This was drying temperature by the way.

4: Had a small fan on the floor blowing straight forward across the floor but not direct at and buds.

This is all I can think of that may have affected my final product, or do I just need to cure longer? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Peace out my fellow farmers 💚
You are trying to dry too fast. You want to start out at like 68 to 70 degrees and 50 percent RH for a day and than flip it to 60 degrees and 60 percent RH. If you get the hay or wet cut lawn smell it is because you are drying too fast!!

2Bad

2Bad

Its definitely not the genetics man, I got the cut from my friend who is a multiple cannabis cup winner from his genetics and I've had it from people before and its banging!
It's something I'm doing wrong or not doing that's getting to this stage
Dang I would probably ask your friend then

Errly

Errly

I had the same problem when I was using nutrient salts. When I switched to growing organic, taste improved dramatically ... but I was also more experienced and I'm sure that played in it too. I would suggest investing in a USB digital microscope ... the kind that takes pictures with your smart phone. That way you can accurately see what the trichomes actually look like. It's tough to tell otherwise. The other part is the cure process.
Hey, I hear and agree with you about organic is the way forward but I've heard it's awful for yield? I've got them in black drums curing with 58% boveda bags. Only been 4 day so far but I'm just hoping in a week or more its starts to smell better and taste better.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Some guys swear but adding molasses to the flowering feed regiment. The sugars are supposed to help feed the microbes and help with flavor. This is for organic growing. Im trying it this time myself that primo taste is something difficult to nail down.

Errly

Errly

You are trying to dry too fast. You want to start out at like 68 to 70 degrees and 50 percent RH for a day and than flip it to 60 degrees and 60 percent RH. If you get the hay or wet cut lawn smell it is because you are drying too fast!!
Hey man, I'm definitely not trying to dey too fast but maybe unintentionally that has happened. I wanted a nice slow 14-18 day hang. The hay smell I was told is chlorophyll leaving the plant lol but I never bought that.

Ok so I'll try these temps staging next time ma thank you and you reckon equipment wise it's all good, shall I point the fan to a corner wall Instead of down the middle of the room?

TSD

TSD

Are you doing a proper cure? Some strains just don't taste good. There's something extra the sun lends to taste that is hard to replicate indoors... in my biased opinion anyway. 🤣 Definitely need a slow dry and proper cure to bring out the taste regardless. My stuff smell good during and after drying, but after a month curing, it's so much better.

Errly

Errly

Some guys swear but adding molasses to the flowering feed regiment. The sugars are supposed to help feed the microbes and help with flavor. This is for organic growing. Im trying it this time myself that primo taste is something difficult to nail down.
Yeh I was told to add a feed for sugar production, helps with smell and taste, I'm going to try this next round for sure. I want organic for percy of course but for yield organic isnt touching the numbers.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey, I hear and agree with you about organic is the way forward but I've heard it's awful for yield? I've got them in black drums curing with 58% boveda bags. Only been 4 day so far but I'm just hoping in a week or more its starts to smell better and taste better.
My yields actually improved, but that was how it worked for me. I've heard other people say the same thing you did though.

I put mine in a walk-in closet under the stair-well where temps stay constantly in the 60's. Anywhere else in my house I tried seemed to dry it all out too quickly.

TSD

TSD

Yeh I was told to add a feed for sugar production, helps with smell and taste, I'm going to try this next round for sure. I want organic for percy of course but for yield organic isnt touching the numbers.
I do organic, mix my soil and use organic dry nutes... my biggest lady yielded almost 2.5 pounds... outdoors of course.

Errly

Errly

Are you doing a proper cure? Some strains just don't taste good. There's something extra the sun lends to taste that is hard to replicate indoors... in my biased opinion anyway. 🤣 Definitely need a slow dry and proper cure to bring out the taste regardless. My stuff smell good during and after drying, but after a month curing, it's so much better.
Yeh man, I got boveda 58% bags and they're in drums air tight and burping once a day and moving buds around. Before the dry my buds were stinking absolutely beautiful. The genetics are certified especially this pheno as I got from my pal breeder who's won many cups with the pheno so it isnt the genetics it's me. I thought Hang them at 16⁰ and between 55-65% RM right away, but I've done that and still nudda lol

2Bad

2Bad

Oh yeah u need to cure , I thought this was like the second run of the bud. Should completely turn around. I for one don’t trust Bovedas rumor has it they drain flavor.

Anthem

Anthem

Hey man, I'm definitely not trying to dey too fast but maybe unintentionally that has happened. I wanted a nice slow 14-18 day hang. The hay smell I was told is chlorophyll leaving the plant lol but I never bought that.

Ok so I'll try these temps staging next time ma thank you and you reckon equipment wise it's all good, shall I point the fan to a corner wall Instead of down the middle of the room?
I do not point any fans at buds. small fans designed to just circulate the air.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Oh yeah u need to cure , I thought this was like the second run of the bud. Should completely turn around. I for one don’t trust Bovedas rumor has it they drain flavor.
I use bovida 58% and they have worked well for me. I didn't like the 62% though. I only use the bovidas to regulate the cure once its dry though. Once cured, my personal supply goes in pint and quart mason jars and the rest I vacuum seal for longer term storage.

2Bad

2Bad

I use bovida 58% and they have worked well for me. I didn't like the 62% though. I only use the bovidas to regulate the cure once its dry though. Once cured, my personal supply goes in pint and quart mason jars and the rest I vacuum seal for longer term storage.
Im just curious you don’t notice a difference in the terpenes? I can see myself storing long term with Bovedas just not while I’m burping or smoking out of that jar

TSD

TSD

Yeh man, I got boveda 58% bags and they're in drums air tight and burping once a day and moving buds around. Before the dry my buds were stinking absolutely beautiful. The genetics are certified especially this pheno as I got from my pal breeder who's won many cups with the pheno so it isnt the genetics it's me. I thought Hang them at 16⁰ and between 55-65% RM right away, but I've done that and still nudda lol
I only use bovedas after cure and for long term storage or if I fuck up and shit gets too dry, they don't help cure, they are strictly for maintaining a properly attained moisture level in storage. Now I use grove bags, makes it almost fool proof. What are the drums made of? Plastic? Metal? Something in the barrels could be leeching or fucking with your terps? Just a wild guess. I'd try loosing the bovedas and using a different container. I have heard they can steal flavor, I personally haven't noticed that, but maybe mine just tastes that amazing 🤣 I kid, I grew a girl scout cookies and do not like the taste, and the smell is just ok... everyone's palate is different.

Top Bottom