Don't buy from The Attitude Seedbank!!

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Never had a problem with attitude and it’s nice I can do the “pick and mix” option and get singles of world renowned breeders instead of being forced to buy a whole seed pack so I like that part about them… sorry that happened to ya

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Been buying mostly feminized seeds from attitude for at least 15 years (this year included) and never had a problem. All fems flowered female, no hermits. Always mailed cash (about $100 per order), and got email reply from attitude saying order was received, always got lots of freebies, averaged about 20 seeds per order with freebies, took about 3 weeks from when I mailed order to when I received it, ordered stealth shipping and never had seeds seized, 99% of all seeds germinated, lots of varieties. Was in Colorado a couple years ago and the only available seeds were regulars and had to buy a 6-pack for $100. I love CO but…c’mon man.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I have been wondering where I would buy more seeds the next time I need them. My first time buying has been an OK experience, however, I have noticed at least 3 differences in my 4 Gorilla Glue plants. Two look almost identical, one is a shorty with close internodal distances, and the other has been a sickly problem child, while all 4 plants have received exactly the same soil, nutrients, lighting, and general conditions. I have heard some refer to these as phenotypes and come from a less than desirable lineage. I hope someone corrects me if I am wrong in my understanding of these variances in what are supposed to be seeds from the same strain of Gorilla Glue #4. I am just going by what I can observe. I won't mention where I got these seeds as I don't want to bash them. For all I know I have done something wrong and the plants are different because of me. I just don't really believe that is the case.

So this thread caught my eye and with all due respect, I did not think your reasoning for boycotting Attitude Seeds was a good one. I am older but I do get around on current technology. If I have a problem with new stuff, I find a youngster to help. Additionally, many on this thread have stepped up to defend Attitude Seeds and to me that speaks volumes. I believe next time I buy some seeds, I am going to give Attitude Seeds a try!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

There are quite literally over a hundred seed suppliers in the US now, and many of them deal in quality seeds.
On occasion, something bad slips through, it happens. As long as it's not the usual.

Do you all know that you can make your own seeds? Find a plant you like, clone it and STS it to seed. No need to purchase ever again.

When plants with the same name from the same seedhouse look really different, then the genetics are not yet stable and who knows what the plant will do.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I have been wondering where I would buy more seeds the next time I need them. My first time buying has been an OK experience, however, I have noticed at least 3 differences in my 4 Gorilla Glue plants. Two look almost identical, one is a shorty with close internodal distances, and the other has been a sickly problem child, while all 4 plants have received exactly the same soil, nutrients, lighting, and general conditions. I have heard some refer to these as phenotypes and come from a less than desirable lineage. I hope someone corrects me if I am wrong in my understanding of these variances in what are supposed to be seeds from the same strain of Gorilla Glue #4. I am just going by what I can observe. I won't mention where I got these seeds as I don't want to bash them. For all I know I have done something wrong and the plants are different because of me. I just don't really believe that is the case.

So this thread caught my eye and with all due respect, I did not think your reasoning for boycotting Attitude Seeds was a good one. I am older but I do get around on current technology. If I have a problem with new stuff, I find a youngster to help. Additionally, many on this thread have stepped up to defend Attitude Seeds and to me that speaks volumes. I believe next time I buy some seeds, I am going to give Attitude Seeds a try!
I think runts are to be expected, but should be minimal. To some degree, I don't think it can be totally avoided, but if the breeder is doing things well, those seeds get largely pulled out and/or, not there in the first place. It's not uncommon for a few beans to be immature, but the plants certainly need to cook longer than what's going to be beneficial for harvesting flowers alongside it. Certainly, timing needs to be correct, and the longer they cook the better.

But with natural genetic selection, your going to have variance & dwarfism. It's a fact of life. Seeds will always vary, some more than others. It could even be a cultivar specific phenomenon. Could be high as 25% or so in some situations, I suppose. With other breeds, if the selection is done well, it should be hardly non-existent. Some cultivars are dwarfs... Or derivative of them.

Gibberellic acid (GA), auxin and brassinosteroid (BR) are three important hormones well known to control plant growth and development. The expression change of key genes in these hormone regulation pathways could also lead to plant dwarfism.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
There are quite literally over a hundred seed suppliers in the US now, and many of them deal in quality seeds.
On occasion, something bad slips through, it happens. As long as it's not the usual.

Do you all know that you can make your own seeds? Find a plant you like, clone it and STS it to seed. No need to purchase ever again.

When plants with the same name from the same seedhouse look really different, then the genetics are not yet stable and who knows what the plant will do.
Bingo! It's still in an f1, or an f2 state, and for some of us, that's even an acceptable thing, even desirable.

Beans are largely about expectations. People want to put a round peg, though a square hole, and it cannot be done. If your after something very specific, I highly suggest clones, because beans are going to have variance, no matter what. It might be down to a small %, but it will still be there, same goes for the pheno.

The best way to achieve uniformity is to breed it to itself, (feminized seed) but even that is problematic to some extent, IMO. Males are necessary, at minimum need to be periodic reinfusion. Let it evolve, just keep the reins tight as possible, and don't feed people false expectations. Then everyone's on the same page.

The best way to judge a genes, are by inspecting the actual progenitors.

Last edited:
Jaspercane

Jaspercane

I agree with about every post on this thread and they go every which way. I though am old school late 50s and being in retail management 35 years I have to agree with the O.P. that this is a poor way to reward loyal customers and I would say 10 years is loyalty. A business thrives off repeat business. And some can even survive with mediocre service. With all the states in the US not to mention other Countries going legal Im sure Attitude is having no shortage of orders. And that creates an "Attitude" within a business. I'm sure they get an email box full of people every day trying to scam their way to free seeds also. I know Ive seen way worse in my years of sales. Just give them what they require get the seeds you paid for and find another seedbank to deal with. We had a saying in retail "Your customers will remain your customers until something better comes along" That can be products, sales, or company logistics. But its been my experience that better and more personalized service steals away more loyal customers than anything. My advice to the O.P. is its time to test the waters and find out what you've been missing these past 10 years. Lots of companies out there doing about anything to attract companies that are hungry for your business..find them!

boatbum850

boatbum850

I agree with no more Euro , especially seedbanks . They lost all the genetics that made them major players . As stated above many reputable US breeders / banks these days . FWIW I found the Spanish breeders to be honest with tons of documented grows of their wares , a plus in my book . The Dutch like many others have never met a dollar they didn't like & are quite happy to relieve the unaware of any excess . Like any other undertaking , do your homework .
Let me also add my endorsement of Great Lakes Genetics & James Bean . You'd be hard pressed to find a more honest straightup bunch anywhere .

guymandude

guymandude

just got another order from Attitude. I picked up the redeux of LA Confidential. One of my favorite strains from years ago - I can smoke a fat j of LA and my back won't hurt for a couple days. Paid for the stealth shipping, Everything arrived as expected with quite a few freebies. no problems at all.

i have ordered from Pacific Seed Bank with great success too. Picked up some Blueberry Yum Yum and was very skeptical. However it grew wonderfully, yield was great and the buzz is so much fun and mischievous, the kind of buzz that makes you go bug random strangers and wanna get naked and run down the middle of the street, such a great eurphoric strain. The problem i have with Pacific is they take other breeders work, make fem'd beans and sell them as their own. I have a moral issue with that, but Im dealing with it because what i have gotten from them has been excellent so far.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I've ordered them for 10 years never a problem.

Now I paid the insurance on my order.
The feds found the seeds and confiscate the order. They mailed out a letter confirming the seeds were in the feds confiscating..

I contact attitude and tell them what happened. They demand pics if the feds letter. So I msg them the pics of the letter. They then say the pics I'm sending them are to small.
I'm about 10 years before computers were invented and the pics I sent them were to small but the were the only way to send them that I knew.

So I told them I was done. I sent enough pics. The seeds have been missing Feb. So they won't pay you unless the seeds are confiscated. If they get lost in the mail say goodbye to the seeds or the money u paid for the seeds because buying insurance means sh!t if you can't prove they went missing. Usually they check the tracking and if it still says it is being shipped for 4+ months then your seeds should be considered lost and you should be given a refund or replacement seeds.

Attitude seeds sees it otherwise.

Order from Attitude seeds and this could be you
Buy. American.

Habosabin

Habosabin

The OP may have had some trouble getting the pic enlarged, and I can see the defenders positions. But it's very short sighted of Attitude to break a $20k income stream over a lost package in 10 years.

Habosabin

Habosabin

just got another order from Attitude. I picked up the redeux of LA Confidential. One of my favorite strains from years ago - I can smoke a fat j of LA and my back won't hurt for a couple days. Paid for the stealth shipping, Everything arrived as expected with quite a few freebies. no problems at all.

i have ordered from Pacific Seed Bank with great success too. Picked up some Blueberry Yum Yum and was very skeptical. However it grew wonderfully, yield was great and the buzz is so much fun and mischievous, the kind of buzz that makes you go bug random strangers and wanna get naked and run down the middle of the street, such a great eurphoric strain. The problem i have with Pacific is they take other breeders work, make fem'd beans and sell them as their own. I have a moral issue with that, but Im dealing with it because what i have gotten from them has been excellent so far.
Look at it this way. They still have to pheno hunt and breed hopefully something better than they bought or traded for. So their phenos may be unique and therefore theirs. I think all breeders probably get their genetics from someone else to start.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Buy. American.
Better yet, make American. I import seeds because the genetic material is more diverse, it's simply better... I would much rather have seed closer to the actual source, than promote some kind of capitalist slogans, or catchphrase.

When you cannot even type the words we communicate from on American made products, that mandra has lost all meaning. Hard to support something that doesn't exist.

The reality is, that many of the new exotic and exciting strains that get developed in the US come from plants who's original origins were from abroad. Many were developed here, no doubt. Diversity in genetics is a very real thing, and Americans simply don't have a monopoly on micro-environments. They never will, either.

Reefer shouldn't be political. Making it that way is a disservice to all the very hard work, and progress that's been accomplished in the last 20+ years. Countless Americans have spent decades behind bars, or died in a 6x6 here in the United States for a plant....

Last edited:
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Better yet, make American. I import seeds because the genetic material is more diverse, it's simply better... I would much rather have seed closer to the actual source, than promote some kind of capitalist slogans, or catchphrase.

When you cannot even type the words we communicate from on American made products, that mandra has lost all meaning. Hard to support something that doesn't exist.

The reality is, that many of the new exotic and exciting strains that get developed in the US come from plants who's original origins were from abroad. Many were developed here, no doubt. Diversity in genetics is a very real thing, and Americans simply don't have a monopoly on micro-environments. They never will, either.

Reefer shouldn't be political. Making it that way is a disservice to all the very hard work, and progress that's been accomplished in the last 20+ years. Countless Americans have spent decades behind bars, or died in a 6x6 here in the United States for a plant....
I’m talking shipping the stuff eh. Shipping and Customs eh? Don’t get your panties in a knot here.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Buy American. Stuff your foreign genetics. Get into the scene inside of being on the outside looking in. There’s no shortage of great genetics IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! If you think some spectacular set of genetics from Holland are the key to YOU producing good bud they’ve got their sucker on the line.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Sometimes, just sometimes, you get what you pay for. People too tight to support smaller breeders turning out great genetics should stick to buying from Seedsman. Some of you sound like you want to drive a Rolls while paying for an 82 Buick.

boatbum850

boatbum850

I'm older & on a fixed income so 100 for a pk is out the question unless it is indeed superior proven genetics not available elsewhere . Also do lots of timing depending on promos / freebies etc. FWIW there's literally a megashitton of good proven gear albeit depending on taste , for 50 or less a pk . IMHO some of the best come from other members . Lucky to have many talented & generous folks here .
BTW for those shopping Baked Beans aka Soak'n Beans 4th of July sale 25% off & other goodies . More of the newer stuff than an old fart like me goes for but quality from newer upcoming crowd .

Last edited:
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

My only gripe with current popular breeders is half of them are turning out genetics so fast they can’t take the time to post a pic of what the hell you are even buying or they want you to follow their Instagram. I don’t have and never will have Instagram such a pain in the ass.

Top Bottom