DoobieDuck's Macro Cannabis Images

• Thread starter DoobieDuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey I hope you all have green thumbs from trimming and rollin, someone asked the other day- why I don't put up some of my macros here? I didn't really have an answer, other than, I guess I just missed it here, I'm sorry. I didn't intend to leave you guys out.

So let's fix it right now shall we. These are all captured with the Canon MPE 65mm lens and most with my 60D body. They are not easy and this lens has a learning curve I'm still perfecting. I rent the bugger about twice a year, Ya I know, probably could have paid for it by now, but the wifey n I don't have a grand ever on hand to drop on it. seems like something else always comes up when wer'e ahead a little, you guys know drill. This week it was the washing machine and I would even consider mentioning a new lens!

Enjoy..thank you so much for your views, posts, and appreciation of my art...cheers..DD

DJ Short Cocoa Kush

Img 0139 cocoa kush c w
Img 0148 cocoa kush c w
Img 0156 cocoa kush c w
Img 0161 cocoa kush c w
Img 0168 cocoa kush c w

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Very nice, Doobie. As you know, I've been following your page, and I have to say I love the miniatures you've been doing. The sense of humor is wonderful and makes me smile. The artistry just makes it that much more enjoyable.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

As always Doobie, amazing photos, better than looking at it under a microscope. I must ask, how was the smoke of the Cocoa Kush? I have yet to try it, and was intrigued by its lineage.

619ster

619ster

WOWZERS:eek:

Growing out some Chocolate Rain (Chocolope x Cocoa Kush), and now I see where the color is coming from. GREAT shots as usual DD. Peace!

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Logic good to see you always, Sir, thank you for that.. Seamaiden you're so kind, thanks also for your letting Peeps know I do more than just Buds! Gun I liked the Cocoa, was very tasty, blueberry type, above average, very pretty. I made some great crosses with it!
619 I'll have to look for those, thanks, Winta I hope I answered that, thanks for posting.

I have some black and white cannabis macros for you but first let's put up a couple of the Cocoa since your thinking of it! Cheers..DD

IMG 7159 cocoa web
IMG 7104 cocoa web

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

DD those black and whites are really trippy. You can definitely make out details in those pics that would often be over looked in color photos.

So the Cocoa didn't have much chocolate flavor? I thought that was why DJ named it Cocoa Kush, because of its slight chocolaty flavor. I am not totally surprised by the blueberry flavor as the Cocoa is right from the same line.

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Gun thanks, I try my hardest to descibe flavors etc., but I can't say i'm any good! I even have a couple friends chime in once and awhile. It had some Choc aroma, but the Blue in mine overwhelmed most everything else. I only had one plant, pheno, it was from a clone I was told was direct from the breeder. From others I've seen I believe it true strain. It made some excelent crosses, I'll try and get some of those pix up for you all. I am growing one of them again this year so those pix you're sure too see. Cheers..DD

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you all for the comments, complements and alike. Maiden and Quazi, that is the stalk, stem of a bud where the calyx is attached. Get out yur loupes and you'll see that most of the stems are quite fuzzy, this one having a little resin down in it, cheers..DD

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They always looked like peach fuzz to me, but as a macro it looks entirely different.

Have you ever played around with photomicrography, Doobie? My father used to grow crystals on slides, then, using an attachment that hooked his SLR up to the microscope, he'd place a polarizing lens in between the optics and he got some amazing pix doing that.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Doobie, your pictures are always crazy good, if you ever open your own gallery let me know

Top Bottom