Doobies' Summer 2018 All Black Grow

• Thread starter DoobieDuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks for the questions guys, $100 bucks will not not get you images like this. These most recent ^ images, I usually call extreme close up, are 100 frames each captured on a macro rail(google that)..and with a Sigma 105mm macro lens (google that) and extension tubes (google that). Processed with Helicon focus software. It's the only way to get this kind of depth of field. Lighting is difficult, for these I'm using an over head 100 watt LED and an old microscope lamp that has two ajustable arms each with Leds in them. Macros like in the Dec. 28th post are even more difficult and costly! Good luck..research macro stacking for some more info.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Sh*t! That's a huge stack. I knew you were using focus stacking. The depth of field you're getting is impossible without it. I just didn't realise it was to that extent. Very nice. With gear like that, what kind of body are you using, full frame? Mirrorless? They don't even have a K mount, so my Pentax is probably out. Even then, is a crop sensor capable of this or am I going to have to fork out for a full frame if I want these kind of shots?

All my money is currently tied up in building my O-G solar system, so I'm not quite ready to drop another $2k on gear yet, but it's on my wishlist. Right now, I'll focus on getting that little $260 30mm macro for my a5000 or a nice set of ext-tubes for it's 50mm zoom. I'm building to better gear but it takes time. That's okay though. I need more practice and an inexpensive macro setup is enough to get more experience in the meantime.

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Sh*t! That's a huge stack. I knew you were using focus stacking. The depth of field you're getting is impossible without it. I just didn't realise it was to that extent. Very nice. With gear like that, what kind of body are you using, full frame? Mirrorless? They don't even have a K mount, so my Pentax is probably out. Even then, is a crop sensor capable of this or am I going to have to fork out for a full frame if I want these kind of shots?

All my money is currently tied up in building my O-G solar system, so I'm not quite ready to drop another $2k on gear yet, but it's on my wishlist. Right now, I'll focus on getting that little $260 30mm macro for my a5000 or a nice set of ext-tubes for it's 50mm zoom. I'm building to better gear but it takes time. That's okay though. I need more practice and an inexpensive macro setup is enough to get more experience in the meantime.
Smiths that grow room should always come first, good luck with it. I use several bodies, not always full frame but the more pixels the better. Those pics were with a Canon M with an adaptor. I was happy with thedm for web use...

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Smiths that grow room should always come first, good luck with it. I use several bodies, not always full frame but the more pixels the better. Those pics were with a Canon M with an adaptor. I was happy with thedm for web use...

Thanks. Sounds like your using my Alpha's big brother. These mirrorless are impressive beasts. The a5000 takes nearly as good of pics as my Pentax KS1. I bought the Sony because my eyes aren't that great an it only uses a screen. It's a fun camera but entry level at best. I'll up my game over the next couple years with better gear but I still have a whole lot to learn.

I primarily am an outdoor grower but eventually want a perpetual indoor. I just recieved my 60a MPPT charge controller and it'll handle 900w in panels and a 48v battery bank. Once I get enough panels and batteries, my 1500w pure sine inverter should be able to handle grow lights for 6-12 plants no problem.

Thank you again for those great pics. They're excellent inspiration for this fledgling photographer.

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Bohempians- Riri Sour Diesel x Gentleman Farmers F13..enjoy...
0017b Bo SD x F13 W
0017 Bo SD x F13 W
0029 Bo SD x F13 W
0072 Bo SD x F13 W

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Those are some magnificent shots Doob. I hope those girls taste as good as they look.

Dan789

Dan789

I’m guessing if the many breeders out in the wild would spend less on big names for their brand and more on shots like @DoobieDuck has been exhibiting here, sales would go through the roof. Again much love for the skill in these shots, great job. We’ve got a high bar to strive for in our attempts to represent the amazing beauty hidden in these plants we enjoy so much...

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Smoking Gun many thanks, and yes Dan789..breeders have sought me out for years to grow their varieties just for the images. I personally don't like buying seed from something with no image. But! I've seen and purchased several vatieties that turned out nothing like the images display. Wrote a story about this but have yet to publish. Thanks for writing.
These are more of my Midnight Biscuit. Check out the amber patch developing on the leaf in one image, close up, and the original uncropped here too.
0225 mid biscuit W
0262 mid biscuit W
0290 mid biscuit W
0310 mid biscuit mac W
0310 mid biscuit W

Dan789

Dan789

@DoobieDuck just have been investigating stacking and focus bracketing with my oly em5mll, after watching a few YouTube videos. Tripod definitely necessary. Again thanks.

Top Bottom