DOR..If Anyone is Interested

• Thread starter alpine dank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alpine dank

alpine dank

The link for the stream of the rulemaking meetings is not working from the commr site or the govt. site. However, you can go to "ustream.tv" and search CDPHE and you to can watch the two meetings which have occured so far. There is one more meeting on Dec. 6th i believe. Not 100% on the date, but pretty sure that is correct. Barcodes, video, no more privacy. It's real folks and just around the corner.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

The video they are speaking of is only at the mmc so no one uses someone else's mm card. I am cool with that.
What are the special terms they refer to to have more plants? The doctor me and my wife went to said label them as plants for edibles and we could have more I don't believe him.
Man 2 hour + video anyone want to sum this meeting up for me I am watching and listening but they do everything so slow I am about to fall asleep .

alpine dank

alpine dank

Agree for sure that it is painful to watch. I watched the last one live and it wiped me out for the rest of the day, or maybe it was the hash, i don't know. Anyway I am meeting with one of the committee members tomorrow, and will try to post a "general idea" of what they are talking about.

My notes are at home right now, but I do remember them saying that basically, a center will have to have a static ip line so that the state can view at anytime whatever they want to as is happening on any of the cameras at that time.

In some of the more rural areas of the state, that is simply not available for a variety of reasons.

alpine dank

alpine dank

O.k., I am not anywhere near through decifering yet, but for most people here, the only thing affecting us is the camera/surveillance requirement. This is not for caregivers, but for Centers and "contract" growers for Centers. 1) forget about growing outdoors. You would need an unbelievable number of cameras and memory storage capability. Trim room-camera. Any door-camera. Cameras in the grow area. All cameras must be able to be viewed/manipulated by any law enforcement agency. You must store footage from every camera for a period no less than 40 days. I looked at tiger direct and out of 110 surveillance systems, less than 10% meet or exceed the minimum camera requirement. 2) Maintaining flawless records of any and all chems/ferts/pesticides etc.. used for that grow. Said products will basically have there own camera in that area too.

Gotta run, but will try to update as I decipher this crap.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Ultimately there will be only one sytem that will work and be excepted and eventually there will be only one contractor in the state liscensed to install any of them at all. The big electronics guys are already lobbying the state for the exclusive right to supply and install the new systems..big money at play right now trying to get these contracts..

It would not suprise me at all if all the current installed sytems are deemed to be out of complince and everyone will have to start over under the new state contractor/supplier.

The cameras themselves shouldn't bother you it is the fact that the state wants to have images of you, your card(which includes all your info), your purchase, and your reciept all in real time

Grow organic, that really throughs them for a loop at the state, no chemical pesticides or nutrients at all, pretty easy to do and then your golden on the reporting side of things for the state and labelling.

Tex

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

I heard the surveillance system the State is going to require will cost an average of 30K per location. This is totally insane. That must have been a typo.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I heard the surveillance system the State is going to require will cost an average of 30K per location. This is totally insane. That must have been a typo.

Probaly not far off, it is crazy and wait tll you see the tamper proof, fingerprint transfered, secure boxes to transfer meds from your offsite grow to your despensary or another despensary....fingerprint controlled chain of custody...get ready gang, the fun has just started.

Tex

M

mendel

If this comes to fruition it will shake out many weak hands. Many shops cant even afford to acquire meds these days without a front, theyve spent all their capital 'keeping up with the jones's'. They have no backup funds or plans.

Does Dick Lee own a survelliance company?

Dorje

Dorje

I think we need a class action lawsuit to remove these mandatory surveillance systems once the "rules" are implemented... it would be easy to argue it's too intrusive and we may be able to get an injunction which would mean we wouldn't have to run out and buy all this equipment or spend $30k per location installing it.

sky high

sky high

I think we need a class-action suit to remove 1284 and the Centers....taking care of the "cameras" and the DOR in one fell swoop.

wot a mess....

s h

Dorje

Dorje

I think we need a class-action suit to remove 1284 and the Centers....taking care of the "cameras" and the DOR in one fell swoop.

wot a mess....

s h

I know caregivers hate MMCs but I tell you what... the average smoker and medical patient like them a lot. Once they figure out how to grow good weed the prices are going to fall considerably and you'll be able to buy top shelf weed that has been tested to be free of contaminants freely and openly.

As far as I can tell, we are supposed to be working to make mmj more available and less expensive for the great majority of people that use it and don't grow it. At least that's my motivation. What was your's again?

sky high

sky high

My patients recieve free meds and I help out a few other folks as well @ no cost, dorje.

Is there something wrong with that in your eyes? Can you $ay the $ame thing? :thinking

Since 1284, I have had to start asking for a nominal fee from the other patients who I am not a formal caregiver for, all of whom are glad they can save a few hundred per oz by not buying from the local ripspensary @ $360-400 per oz.

I don't "hate' MMC's but I am getting tired of all the talk about how the CG's NOW have tainted meds...when in fact, EVERY damn MMC in this state was borne/created/exists BECAUSE the CG's stepped up with excesses.

wot a mess...

s h

M

mendel

I think we need a class action lawsuit to remove these mandatory surveillance systems once the "rules" are implemented... it would be easy to argue it's too intrusive and we may be able to get an injunction which would mean we wouldn't have to run out and buy all this equipment or spend $30k per location installing it.

I doubt a judge would consider mmc's or their minions to have many rights under the law. Didnt you have to sign over power of attorney to the state as part of your application(s)? Has anyone gotten approved and recieved their license?

Take yer medicine, all your shit are belong to colorado..........:dance

Oh and the only person I ever say spray a crop of flowers with toxic chems was a dispensary owner worried about losing his crop to pm. Most caregivers smoke their own product, so, IMO, would be LESS likely than an mmc or minion to apply scary toxic poisons.

I hope they jack the price of the system to 50K, and stream the feeds on the internet. When Obongo gets done it might be the only site we can access.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I know caregivers hate MMCs but I tell you what... the average smoker and medical patient like them a lot. Once they figure out how to grow good weed the prices are going to fall considerably and you'll be able to buy top shelf weed that has been tested to be free of contaminants freely and openly.

As far as I can tell, we are supposed to be working to make mmj more available and less expensive for the great majority of people that use it and don't grow it. At least that's my motivation. What was your's again?

Did you suffer a brain injury over the weekend? MMCs are all about the money!!!!!! They have lawyers and lobbying groups representing them!!!!

If you were really about the patient you would have said fuck it, I'll be a Caregiver, even though it doesn't pay as well.

You start threads because you feel a Grow Shop's prices are too high and act like you're Mother Theresa? You're just a DRUG DEALER, like the rest of us, as far as the US Govt is concerned. You just have a better permit. Don't let it go to your head!

Oh, and my weed is the same as sold in many Dispensaries, at $200.00 an oz. So how am I not about the patient? What does your Dispensary charge?

Dorje

Dorje

I don't "hate' MMC's but I am getting tired of all the talk about how the CG's NOW have tainted meds...

I NEVER said that, I said that current LARGE SCALE producers are putting out tainted meds, and that some caregivers might be unaware this is a problem because, as you say, small producers usually consume their own product and usually deal with the end users as well.

My examples were not to disparage caregivers at all, just to point out that huge volumes of potentially dangerous commercial buds are being consumed by people. I see this as a problem, the current system does nothing to protect these people from being sold a tainted product.

I have no doubt you, and most of the CO med scene, had nothing to do with these issues before 1284, but you have to be aware that MOST people are not lucky enough to buy their mmj from a really good caregiver.

Anyway, I've been here growing since '93 so I'm not exactly a recent transplant who moved here to make a quick buck. I support legalization positions that would likely have a negative financial impact on my own business because I believe it's the right thing to do. I like money but it is not the focal point of my life...

Dorje

Dorje

If you were really about the patient you would have said fuck it, I'll be a Caregiver, even though it doesn't pay as well.

I don't own a dispensary and have nothing to do with the retail end. The MMC I grow for charges non patients $15/g or less, not sure what the rate is for if they sign us up as their cg.

Anyway, everything I've said is to support of full legalization. I think "medical" is a joke. A poor joke.... that everyone and their mom knows is total bs and most people lied to get their red card. This doesn't diminish the importance of mmj to those who really need it but everyone knows 99% of red card holder just like to smoke weed. I think EVERYONE should have the right to smoke weed and shouldn't have to go lie to a doctor to have some protection from the law.

alpine dank

alpine dank

MMCs are all about the money!!!!!!

Care to trade bank accounts Bud? I don't know how much front range center owners are making, but I can assure you that I made a lot more being a regular retail salesperson! Don't make the same mistake the state is making and just assume that all center owners are money laundering crooks. Hell, I bet a Wal-Mart door greeter makes more than I do.

M

mendel

Nobody answered my question..........did you sign over power of attorney to the state of Colorado as part of the MMC application(s) process?

Latest posts

Top Bottom