DOR..If Anyone is Interested

• Thread starter alpine dank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Nobody answered my question..........did you sign over power of attorney to the state of Colorado as part of the MMC application(s) process?

I think Power of Attorney is too broad a term.. They did sign a waiver for their right to pivacy in their homes, businesses and bank accounts if access is requested by the Colorado Dept. of Revenue.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I pretty much does and goes alot further to disturb you when you sign it..

Here it is:

TO:________________________________________________
FRO M: (Applicant’s Printed Name)________________________

1.I/We hereby authorize and request all persons to whom this request is presented having information relating to or concerning the above named applicant to furnish such information to a duly appointed agent of the Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division whether or not such information would otherwise be protected from the disclosure by any constitutional, statutory or common law privilege.

2.I/We hereby authorize and request all persons to whom this request is presented having documents relating to or concerning the above named applicant to permit a duly appointed agent of the Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division to review and copy any such documents, whether or not such documents would otherwise be protected from disclosure by any constitutional, statutory, or common law privilege.

3.I/We hereby authorize and request the Colorado Department of Revenue to permit a duly appointed agent of the Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division to obtain, receive, review, copy, discuss and use any such tax information or documents relating to or concerning the above named applicant, whether or not such information or documents would otherwise be protected from disclosure by any constitutional, statutory, or common law privilege.

4.If the person to whom this request is presented is a brokerage firm, bank, savings and loan, or other financial institution or an officer of the same, I/we hereby authorize and request that a duly appointed agent of the Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division be permitted to review and obtain copies of any and all documents, records or correspondence pertaining to me/us, including but no limited to past loan information, notes co-signed by me/us, checking account records, savings deposit records, safe deposit box records, passbook records, and general ledger folio sheets.

5.I/We do hereby make, constitute, and appoint any duly appointed agent of the Colorado Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division, my/our true and lawful attorney in fact for me/us in my/our name, place, stead, and on my/our behalf and for my/our use and benefit:
(a) To request, review, copy sign for, or otherwise act for investigative purposes with respect to documents and information in the possession of the person to whom this request is presented as I/we might;
(b) To name the person or entity to whom this request is presented and insert that person’s name in the appropriate location in this request:
(c) To place the name of the agent presenting this request in the appropriate location on this request.

6.I grant to said attorney in fact full power and authority to do, take, and perform all and every act and thing whatsoever requisite, proper, or necessary to be done, in the exercise of any of the rights and powers herein granted, as fully to all intents and purposes as I/we might or could do if personally present, with full power of substitution or revocation, hereby ratifying and confirming all that said attorney in fact, or his substitute or substitutes, shall lawfully do or cause to be done by virtue of this power of attorney and the rights and powers herein granted.

7.This power of attorney ends twenty-four (24) months from the date of execution.

8.The above named applicant has filed with the Colorado Medical Marijuana Licensing Authority an application for a Medical Marijuana license. Said applicant understands that it is seeking the granting of a privilege and acknowledges that the burden of proving its qualifications for a favorable determination is at all times on the applicant. Said applicant accepts any risk of adverse public notice, embarrassment, criticism, or other action of financial loss, which may result from action with respect to this application.

9.I/We do, for myself/ourselves, my/our heirs, executors, administrators, successors, and assigns, hereby release, remise, and forever discharge the person to whom this request is presented, and his agents and employees from all and all manner or actions, causes of action, suits, debts, judgments, executions, claims, and demands whatsoever, known or unknown, in law or equity, which the applicant ever had, now has, may have, or claims to have against the person to whom this request is being presented or his agents or employees arising out of or by reason of complying with the request.

10.I/We agree to indemnify and hold harmless the person to whom this request is presented and his agents and employees from and against all claims, damages, losses, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees arising out of or by reason of complying with this request.

11.A reproduction of this request by photocopying or similar process shall be for all intents and purposes as valid as the original.

And then ya sign it...

Tex

K

Killerapplesauc

Does anyone here have a unmolested copy of the voters approved Amendment 20 it seems ever time I look on the Colorado department of health website it has changed or has been moved. I could have sworn their was a part about law enforcement not being able to make a registry of patients which in my opinion keeping track of the amount of medication I buy seems like one or the Aurora task force keeping a list of the legal patients grow operations the have been hunting down and keeping track of. I also thought their was something about no money from the marijuana registry should ever go into the general fund.

alpine dank

alpine dank

yes sauc, it does indeed say that no monies shall be put into the general fund. It says that in most of the programs that they have bean illegally taking money from....

sky high

sky high

Remember....now that we have HB1284 in place....all licensing/permitting/etc. on the >>commercial side<< of the MM equation is controlled by the DOR....and thus...isn't money that enters the >>MMJ<< program, nor does it fall under the restrictions of Amendment 20.

the key to whether or not the law has been broken (IMO) would be whether or not all of the RED CARD fees ($90 per individual) are still in the CDPHE coffer. If the issue is pressed I believe we would find that the 7-9 million that was placed into the General fund was taken from the DOR side...not the CDPHE side.

not that I'm expecting an audit anytime soon from the fuckers...but face it, just as the patients use their own loopholes..so does the State.

wot a mess...

s h

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

If the issue is pressed I believe we would find that the 7-9 million that was placed into the General fund was taken from the DOR side...not the CDPHE side.

wot a mess...

s h

The state can take all of the DOR money it wants! The only person who is pissed is Chris Romer and his men with guns!

K

Killerapplesauc

If I remember right Sky none of the licensing money for dispensaries has ever gone into the registry fund it went to the city's and towns as a licensing fee ect.. and to matt cooks department I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time). I believe the 9 million came out of the registry fund their is no way they have collect 9 million from dispensary owners in such a short amount of time you would think that would have been all over the paper. But if that is the case then I guess it isn't a big deal if it wasn't from the registry fund. Did the health department ever release a copy of the registry audit to Rob Corry when he filed a freedom of information form requesting it? Apparently ritter took 3 million out last year and keep it hush hush here is a article about the 9 million sound like to me it is being taking from the registry.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestwor...udget_shortfall_screw_mmj_patients.php?page=2

sky high

sky high

Maybe TK or one of the other folks who purchased licenses from the state will chime in as to which Dept. they wrote their check to and help clear things up a bit. That Wasteword article says right at the top that the State recieved an 8 million $$$ windfall from licensing the retail "centers"...which seems to fall under the DOR @ present.

On the flipside...116,000 patients @ $90 per card is almost 10.5 million $$$....

so in theory...they coulda ROBBED either fund! The greedy fuckers.

Still gonna guess it's the DOR side though.... TK...REleaf...etc. Who did ya have to sell yer soul to...CDPHE...or DOR?

s h

alpine dank

alpine dank

that would be the D.O.R. that received all center licensing monies

S

SoCoMMJ

My patients recieve free meds and I help out a few other folks as well @ no cost, dorje.
Typically we will provide over 5k a month in no cost meds to patients in need. Not too sure how many caregivers are doing that today.

EVERY damn MMC in this state was borne/created/exists BECAUSE the CG's stepped up with excesses.

This generalization is crap... We started as caregivers and stepped up to continue caring for our patients. We have never brought in meds from caregivers because it is an unknown quantity. Everything sold is grown by me, and trimmed by the little woman and her band of oompa loompas. So suddenly by our becoming an MMC you think we all just hose down the whole show with toxic pesticides are loaded with mites and mildew?

I really hate these "caregivers are the shit" and "dispensaries suck" arguments. Our patients have given us some pretty bad stories about their previous caregivers. So while you may be a great caregiver, your brothers and sisters are certainly lacking.

Why can't we all just get along...Grow the plants, and take care of the people. That's what this is about.

S

SoCoMMJ

MMCs are all about the money!!!!!!

Care to trade bank accounts Bud? I don't know how much front range center owners are making, but I can assure you that I made a lot more being a regular retail salesperson! Don't make the same mistake the state is making and just assume that all center owners are money laundering crooks. Hell, I bet a Wal-Mart door greeter makes more than I do.

LoL, no kidding. I've been rocking the spare on the right front of my Jeep since May. And it's got 120+ miles on it with a rear end about to chuck it's guts :-)

Maybe we aren't "doing it right" :icon_spin:

BTW, even at that I would never go back to rocking the spreadsheets in a cubicle as a bank analyst.

S

Snafu

I know plenty of folks in the business and most are in it for the fame and the gain but i must say that SoCoMMj are the only people i know in the business that are actually about helping the sick (as a priority not just an after thought) and hurting. SoCommj runs a tight show and keep everything legit and are some of the most compassionate people i have ever meet! they are a pair of the most caring am proper people i know! The farmer and his gal are in it for the people that really need the help and they have provided the top quality meds since i have known them (nearing 2 years i am thinking)

sorry to digress (it is early and pain has my brain locked) :) i just really have tons of love for SoCoMMJ, they are a pair of the most honest and honorable people i have met in the business or otherwise!!!

Much love to the farmer and his gal E :)

sky high

sky high

Yeah..yeah....we all know ya didn't buy the caregiver meds cus they, like all caregiver meds, were full of PM and mites and sprayed with Paraquat we've all kept in the closet since 1974... sheesh.

Running a business has never been easy. I feel for ya. I was one of those hydro store guys everyone here talks about MAKING BANK who worked for 3+ years 7 DAYS A WEEK/16 hours a day and NEVER MADE A DIME. Man, did that suck major ass!!

And just as patients can tell stories about caregivers...and caregivers can tell some good stories about their "patients"....patients are also talking about the treatment/prices/quality of meds in the ripspensaries right now...and if you've noticed...most of the talk isn't all that favorable....

wot a mess....

s h

Dorje

Dorje

This industry is currently filled with profiteers and organized crime.

The way forward is not going back in time to the way it used to be... before Obama allowed state's to make their own decisions on mmj.

The way forward is to treat mmj like any other business... legalize it. Then the real criminals and people who only care about the money will find it impossible to compete and they will go find another scam.

The only reason there is an issue is because of the way the state is handling it's laws and rules, cutting out the ability of people to caregive as their only occupation... this was done out of FEAR and the perceived need to CONTROL. Only a small group of MMCs and MIPs supported this legislation, and we know who they are.

As for the rest of us.... just like anything MMCs are not good or bad, they are simply a retail outlet for mmj. Just like any other industry, the quality and integrity of the shop will vary, but you have the power to shop there or not. Caregivers are the same, some just use their patients as a license to grow for the black market, some actually care and grow good meds for their patients, just like MMCs.

I don't see any reason to discriminate against anyone because of the licences they hold, it is the individual and their own intent and motivation that count.

Also, the myth of the rich MMC owner has got to go. Most are in debt and have no guarantee they will be able to stay in business. However, there is the assumption that we make incredible amounts of money and this just isn't true. Running a shop and associated grow costs a lot of money for rent, supplies and manpower. The expenses are FAR higher than growing in your basement. Just like any other business, IF we are successful we will eventually be able to pay our debts back and make some money, but it's not without hard work, skill and dedication... just like any other biz.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Also, the myth of the rich MMC owner has got to go. Most are in debt and have no guarantee they will be able to stay in business. However, there is the assumption that we make incredible amounts of money and this just isn't true. Running a shop and associated grow costs a lot of money for rent, supplies and manpower. The expenses are FAR higher than growing in your basement. Just like any other business, IF we are successful we will eventually be able to pay our debts back and make some money, but it's not without hard work, skill and dedication... just like any other biz.

Dude, what are you talking about? I just bought a new Ferrari and I'm taking my buddies on a private jet to Hawaii for an extended vacation, but not until after I get my helicopter-flown Aspen skiing trip! You mean, you aren't living the high life? Hahahaha!

NOT!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dorje again.

S

SoCoMMJ

and I'm taking my buddies on a private jet to Hawaii for an extended vacation,

What is this vacation thing of which you speak ? It must be some mythical space time warp where the garden can tend itself for a week.

Lately our vacation days have been the ones where we only work 12 hours....:sun2:

sky high

sky high

What is this vacation thing of which you speak ?

Lately our vacation days have been the ones where we only work 12 hours....:sun2:

Yup...just like any other biz...:doh

And hey...if ya think the days are long now,:character0111: wait and see what happens in July when the "next wave" of licensees hits the State and the same pie is cut into even smaller pieces.

good luck, all

s h

C

canaguy27

Yup...just like any other biz...:doh

And hey...if ya think the days are long now,:character0111: wait and see what happens in July when the "next wave" of licensees hits the State and the same pie is cut into even smaller pieces.

good luck, all

s h

I really don't think half will make it to July. The tide should slow by then. They really dug their own grave on this one.

There are some mmcs out there for the right reasons, but the loads of bad apples have done their damage.

Top Bottom