Dose anyone grow fruit n veg in your back yards .

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
This is my first planting season in my new house. We bought it last June so things are still a work in progress. So far, 100 onion sets, a rhubarb, and 50 strawberry plants have been planted. I have 2 varieties of tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, green beans, broccoli, pumpkins, and musk melons started from seeds. I have 2 blueberry plants, 25 more strawberry plants, and 5 black berry plants on the way.

Where I'm at in Michigan, we're still dealing with frost although the weather reports seem to suggest we'll see the last of it this week. My project yesterday was putting up my new greenhouse frame. It went pretty well but I'm far from finished. I still have to level and square it before putting the rest of it together.

View attachment 970953
Oh wow so very cool can’t wait till you under way in ground .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Working on it!
I've been repurposing a lot of things retired from my indoor grow room into the outdoors for food production.
I'm reusing old soils, containers, an ebb & flow table, and even a LED grow light.
Last year was a mere test to see if my plan would work and it did so this year I've gone all in on the project even moving in some old pavers and decomposed granite and making kind of a pad for gardening.
Next project is to get an autowaterer going using old parts from a drip feed system and a 15 gallon water tank.
My soil is compacted clay and my climate is often hot and drought stricken so raised beds and container gardens are usually the choice for gardeners in my zone.
The tomatoes are growing like a wildfire and yesterday I saw the first baby mater of the year! 🎉
I'm also growing peppers, green and yellow summer squash, cukes, rosemary, and cantaloupe

View attachment 970992

View attachment 970993

View attachment 970994
Very well done my friend love the atmosphere there .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi THC gardeners another week has passed and things have been going great all but a few late apples & pears still to pick , firewood cut n stacked last week's seedling plant out was a success no casualty all are bounding along .

This week I managed to buy some more laying hens ( Isa Browns ) as there known here in Australia , they have settled in very well and are laying must be my good animal husbandry skills I've got , they have turned into my new compost making machine here's a few pics of my little back yard , what's been going on in your garden ?.

IMG 20200517 103010
IMG 20200517 103209
IMG 20200517 103218
IMG 20200517 103230
IMG 20200517 102837
IMG 20200517 102845
IMG 20200517 102935
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi growers n mowers hope your veggies n fruit are doing great , here in my backyard the winter greens are really doing well the late autumn weather has been kind and sunny to us , here's a few update pics of what happening in One Drops back yard . .

IMG 20200530 110019
IMG 20200530 110226
IMG 20200530 110241
IMG 20200530 110252
IMG 20200530 110311
IMG 20200530 110321
IMG 20200530 110422
IMG 20200530 110509
Ina

Ina

Awesome!I also love chickens(,but i had to cut their necks few times,that i cant do so i only collect eggs).Last year something killed all of granny's chickens one by one and left them there,she was destroyed emotionally!:(I guess thats that small animal we call Belka.She had that last one chicken and kept it in her own room for a long time,it even know its name haha It died from natural death,she didn permit us to kill it:)
A little grass on the compost pile from me,it just grows there(more healthy than my crop,planted on purpose haha) but i should cut it unfortunately because its in the center of the city:)For now i just top it its still hidden:)

IMG 5767
Ina

Ina

I dont know if we have them here,may be:DDont they eat goats(if they exist hahah)?
At least it acts like that,very nasty,just killing them,eat some of their heads and leave the most on the ground:(Its the Belka i suppose,i will try to find its name in English.

Ina

Ina

Тhat thing or similar:)How do you call these?They destroyed about 40 chickens on our neighbors few years ago.By that time granny has two dogs and she was keeping her chickens in closed rooms so they survived......By the way they look cute:)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Тhat thing or similar:)How do you call these?They destroyed about 40 chickens on our neighbors few years ago.By that time granny has two dogs and she was keeping her chickens in closed rooms so they survived......By the way they look cute:)
Looks like a big weasels or a Stote

Reactions: Ina
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Awesome!I also love chickens(,but i had to cut their necks few times,that i cant do so i only collect eggs).Last year something killed all of granny's chickens one by one and left them there,she was destroyed emotionally!:(I guess thats that small animal we call Belka.She had that last one chicken and kept it in her own room for a long time,it even know its name haha It died from natural death,she didn permit us to kill it:)
A little grass on the compost pile from me,it just grows there(more healthy than my crop,planted on purpose haha) but i should cut it unfortunately because its in the center of the city:)For now i just top it its still hidden:)
Sad about the chickens Ina , we have had foxes take our flock on our farm on main land it’s terrible to find them in that way , if you kept tipping or topping the plant you might be able to keep it low to ground maybe but some rocks on branches to hold them down ... eye spy a second plant there as well . 👀👌

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Love it!!!! I have a small veggie garden just for my family but in the future I plan on quadrupling in size! I know who to ask for help now 😎

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Love it!!!! I have a small veggie garden just for my family but in the future I plan on quadrupling in size! I know who to ask for help now 😎
Sounds great nothing better than fresh straight from the garden I’m here if you need me I don’t go to far away from my garden .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Growing opium Poppy’s oh back in my wild days we use to raid all the gardens growing white , pink , made some great Shondo to smoke really easy to do .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I started some tomatoes, they're outside now, got to finish caging them up soon cuz they're getting big!
View attachment 979489
Hey BW welcome to my back yard , what variety have you raised there , I have a great trick with plant long steamed toms . Are these determinant or indeterminate?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have Parks Whopper improved, Better Boy, early girl and roma! I think they're all indeterminate but I'm not sure about the Roma?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I have Parks Whopper improved, Better Boy, early girl and roma! I think they're all indeterminate but I'm not sure about the Roma?
Roma tomatoes are indeterminate as well nice variety mate .

Chester13

Chester13

I'm a horticulturist by trade as well. I grow everything that I can using Korean natural farming techniques. I am Canadian but get all my seed out of the state's. BAkercreek seeds is amazing. I grow 30 different types of tomatoes, all the ultra hat peppers. 1300 garlic this year.

20200511 164307
Top Bottom