Dose anyone grow fruit n veg in your back yards .

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.B

Dr.B

I wonder if that will work against cats?!:)i have few cats here,sometimes they also dig in my bigger pots(where they can step and sit) and pee in them,that is something i really hate!!!!:DI leave big stones on the surface to prevent that,but sometimes doesnt help.I will remember that one to try!
About the cheese ball containers do the have holes on the bottom or may be they grow like that?i only grow cucumbers in the ground but thats interesting!
I'm considering emptying a can of bear spray around the perimeter of my garden for this reason lol.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I wonder if that will work against cats?!:)i have few cats here,sometimes they also dig in my bigger pots(where they can step and sit) and pee in them,that is something i really hate!!!!:DI leave big stones on the surface to prevent that,but sometimes doesnt help.I will remember that one to try!
About the cheese ball containers do they have holes on the bottom or may be they grow like that?i only grow cucumbers in the ground but thats interesting!
Honestly i think it would help. Cats I assume also dislike the strong smell of it, and wouldnt want it on their fur.
Ammonia sprayed in a line perimeter also works well but would need to reapply to perimeter often for it to be effective. I used that to train cats to stay out of certain rooms in house by spraying floor in front of doorway.
The cheeseball containers i actually drilled dozens of holes into the bottom for drainage.
They are pretty deep containers so i figured id give it a try.

Ina

Ina

Honestly i think it would help. Cats I assume also dislike the strong smell of it, and wouldnt want it on their fur.
Ammonia sprayed in a line perimeter also works well but would need to reapply to perimeter often for it to be effective. I used that to train cats to stay out of certain rooms in house by spraying floor in front of doorway.
The cheeseball containers i actually drilled dozens of holes into the bottom for drainage.
They are pretty deep containers so i figured id give it a try.
Ooo,i though they are in glass jars at first.now i understand they are in plastic may be?i get it!As far as i have noticed you need lots of dirt and space for roots to have many cucumbers but i never tried this way so share if it works:).Yes sometimes i use transparent cups for my MJ plants,its not a problem,of course i avoid them just in case but sometimes.....
And im sorry to admit i never tried cheese balls,i will try to fix that:D

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes i ripped coffee filters to fit around the stock of the plant over the Miracle Grow Moisture Control soil, then just pour enough instant coffee to cover the surface lightly then water. The coffee is actually good for the soil, and squirrels absolutely hate the smell of it so wont dig it. The layer of instant coffee hardens on the filter making it even more dig resistant while still breathable and waterable. The cucumbers are in giant cheese ball containers... We like cheese balls... Theyre cheap and tasty and the container is sturdy and large. I worried about them being clear but i havent noticed any issues from it. The peppers halloween buckets are semi clear and glow in the dark 😆
Nice to have you in the backyard mike I’m loving all the growers coming in to show the green thumbs . Keep it mate .

Last edited:
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I see people walking out of Costco with these and I shudder inwardly every time... Up until now, I had always assumed that they intended on eating them.
Oh I definitely eat them. 😆 but then why throw away such a sturdy large container afterward? 💁🌱

Slap

Slap

I believe this thread needs a moderater, although I love it! I have tomatos, citrus, corn, marigold's, cactus orchids etc. LoL I failed the test to be a moderator! The thread test, was something like this one!
Peace Out!
All about the Cannabis Mate!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Hold on now the internet led me to believe everything in Australia was out to kill you, these photos suggest otherwise.. Im skeptical :P

Slap

Slap

Howdy farmers and back yard gardeners well I managed to finish off the chicken outside yard all fenced off looks like the girls approved hole heartedly .
What is the cardboard and bricks for? Is it to keep soil free of fungus gnats or to keep chickens off of new fruit trees ?My friend grew some Mary Jane on top of old, chicken coop ground and it thrived.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
This thread doesn't need moderating
What is the cardboard and bricks for? Is it to keep soil free of fungus gnats or to keep chickens off of new fruit trees ?My friend grew some Mary Jane on top of old, chicken coop ground and it thrived.
Keeps weeds down and cardboard brings the worms in they like the borax in the glue in the cardboard .

Slap

Slap

This thread doesn't need moderating

Keeps weeds down and cardboard brings the worms in they like the borax in the glue in the cardboard .
Aw! Didn't know that. Termites like wet cardboard also. Had no idea worms do. Your yard looks pretty moist, I have ten million worms when my soil around house stays moist. Maybe I will have 10 million more with your info. Thanks

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Welcome to the back yard Foutwenty71 looks like a very productive garden you have got going there mate ? Great to have you stop by to say hi don’t be a stranger there’s a few regulars coming past the back gate . Regards Od .

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Hi THC gardeners another week has passed and things have been going great all but a few late apples & pears still to pick , firewood cut n stacked last week's seedling plant out was a success no casualty all are bounding along .

This week I managed to buy some more laying hens ( Isa Browns ) as there known here in Australia , they have settled in very well and are laying must be my good animal husbandry skills I've got , they have turned into my new compost making machine here's a few pics of my little back yard , what's been going on in your garden ?.
they do an awesome job breaking down the compost pile....i do the same thing 😁

Top Bottom