Dose anyone grow fruit n veg in your back yards .

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

O have my battles with birds here luckily no squirrels. But they are driving me crazy.
I have an ever growing number of pigeons and a family of squirrels living here in the yard. Net was the only way to stop it... I tried instant coffee with filters around them and that worked fine but i potted up to 3gal fabrics and didnt reapply... Decided net time. I want my coffee to drink. 😆

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
All looking great everyone. I have had an extended period of leave, but now I'm back and starting up slowly. I thought I'd first show our uk attempt of veg and fruit growing on a small scale, in a semi rural housing estate.

We have just planted our first ever straw bail garden, with tomatoes, courgettes and strawberries. So I'm excited to see how this works out for ease of setup, planting, maintenance and cost it looks great.

I also planted a few small fruit trees and bushes 2 years ago including cherries, apple , pear, raspberry, gooseberry, blackberries.

I'll try and keep things updated.
Hi welcome to the backyard gardeners great to have you visit don't be a stranger ok .

Seraphine

Seraphine

I have rows and rows of cut flowers I my yard. I keep my veggies in containers on my deck: pole beans, Bush beans, Roma and black Krim tomatoes, Hungarian wax peppers, cilantro, Thai bas.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
BTW I want ducks!!!! They eat the slugs, nasty lil buggers. Every morning I go outside with my coffee and search for slugs, it’s a slugs massacre most mornings....
Welcome to the backyard gardeners we would love to see your garden something don't be a stranger getting ducks in spring Indian runners there the best on slugs n snails and there a great table bird .best regards OD .

dire wolf

dire wolf

Recent air layer fig

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yep it is I use this method for my bonsai collection which I have safe and secure at the Hobart Royal Botanical Gardens , got my father's collection in there as well over 700 plants last count .My aunt is head curator there and she uses them as her teaching aid .
Figs ?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey od I've been into growing weed since the 80's but started a serious fig interest about a decade ago , first buying cuttings on eBay , then trading or buying on the site figs for fun
I got a lot of people into it in the northeast of america
Saved a few as my elites ...named
Black of Bethlehem,
Rhonde de Bordeaux,
Violet de Bordeaux ,
Sals black
A bunch of others , do you have a dormant period where you grow ?
I got some killer ripe fruit pics , I'll find em and post

Top Bottom