Dose anyone grow fruit n veg in your back yards .

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.B

Dr.B

Update on the garden.

Its been super wet here for over a month but the sun finally came back. The garden made it through!

Secondary planting and replanting is going well. New spinach, 3 rows, (all 5 rows bunched on me before I learned of the phenomenon) two more rows of great lakes lettuce, another row of carrots, radish, broccolli, kale, secondary cucumber... Mint, oregano, basil and dill to compliment whats there and fill out some space. A row of sweet bulb onions, red and yellow to top it off. I've pruned the tomatoes up to allow for the herbs and such to grow around them

We have broccolli!!

The corn in the back I have been peeing around has taken off!!

The strawberry pot, raspberries and blackberry are coming up nicely.

Apple seems happy...

I started feeding my open unwanted pH perfect nutrients to one of the pumpkin pots at about 75% strength. The other pot gets miracle grow. This should be interesting... You can definitely see a week and a half in whos getting what lol.

IMG 20200710 155529
IMG 20200710 155538
IMG 20200710 155547
IMG 20200710 155554
IMG 20200710 155637
IMG 20200710 155646
IMG 20200710 155654
IMG 20200710 155559
IMG 20200710 155609
IMG 20200710 155514
IMG 20200710 155448
IMG 20200710 155457
IMG 20200710 155746
IMG 20200710 155437
IMG 20200710 155426
IMG 20200710 155412
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
The corn in the back I have been peeing around has taken off!!

Told ya ;)

But naa fer real your garden looks AMAZING! I'm jealous but will catch up in a year or 2 when i can build more boxes and beds outside.

Keep on pissing tho, I just started adding it to my cantaloupe and cucumbers and pumpkins but didn't dilute and now the pumpkin patch is a lil angry lol but it'll be ok.. I tink.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Told ya ;)

But naa fer real your garden looks AMAZING! I'm jealous but will catch up in a year or 2 when i can build more boxes and beds outside.

Keep on pissing tho, I just started adding it to my cantaloupe and cucumbers and pumpkins but didn't dilute and now the pumpkin patch is a lil angry lol but it'll be ok.. I tink.
Thank you sir!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Those are the experimental pumpkins!!

You too eh, First year for me, I tried melons one year, got like 2 flowers then that was it :( I thin i was over feeding it Nitrogen and it just never developed many flowers cuz of it.

This year tho.. Im busting out the big bloom lol I see your using advanced nutrients i might look into those!! :D

Dr.B

Dr.B

You too eh, First year for me, I tried melons one year, got like 2 flowers then that was it :( I thin i was over feeding it Nitrogen and it just never developed many flowers cuz of it.

This year tho.. Im busting out the big bloom lol I see your using advanced nutrients i might look into those!! :D
Advanced nutrients is the experimental part lol. I have personally grown 3 decent jack o lanterns over the years... I want monsters this year! Theres a dozen or so in there at the moment...

Everything else is pretty much a first for us. In the structured and organised gardening sense...

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Haven’t had much time in veggie patch this week to fucking cold out there I’m in the cold all day at work , chooks are ripping through the grass are , going to have to start to strip graze then soon , fruit tress are shut down for winter got a little dead wood pruning to do , veggies are going well it’s the worm tea and my pee that’s the secret , everyones gardens are looking fabulously fabulous. Od thanks for being such good contributors to this thread cheers Od .

Dr.B

Dr.B

Haven’t had much time in veggie patch this week to fucking cold out there I’m in the cold all day at work , chooks are ripping through the grass are , going to have to start to strip graze then soon , fruit tress are shut down for winter got a little dead wood pruning to do , veggies are going well it’s the worm tea and my pee that’s the secret , everyones gardens are looking fabulously fabulous. Od thanks for being such good contributors to this thread cheers Od .
It always slips my mind that seasons are reversed on that side of the pond...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Peas are fun to grow but they never yield a ton unless your growing a god damn football feild worth it seems ?

They tasted great the lil bit i got one year tho.

Garden looks amazing as well OD!!! :D

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks mate yes the small patch of them is just enough with the snow peas as well I’m going to use some of the area to the right of the chook yard to do bigger pea , corn n potatoes area just need a few more hrs in the day . I’m supposed to be at work but I got there and no machine for me to use so I still get payed all day to stay home in-front of Fire With that big black chicken staring dog Miller . Making bank was never so hard .... Od

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Some of you that saw last week's drone video will know what I'm talking about when I say crazy growth rates from the hot weather this year... The heat just about did in my pea plants for the season but the peppers and tomatoes are ripening and green beans and corn are on their way.. along with pumpkins cantaloupe acorn squash and some cucumbers which are getting taken over by what I thought was a bush variety pumpkin plant that grows fist-sized decorative pumpkins.... So much for the bush part
IMG 20200710 191843452 HDR
IMG 20200710 191944948 HDR
IMG 20200710 191934521 HDR
IMG 20200710 191918106 HDR
IMG 20200710 191904040 HDR
IMG 20200710 191711464 HDR
IMG 20200710 191659126 HDR

Trickiebush

Trickiebush

Advendtishious roots is what happening here .
Thanks @One drop , I've never heard / seen of something so prolific. Is this something tomatoes are well known for, and do do tomatoes have any beneficial rooting effects on other plant like willow dies when its branches are made into a tea rooting hormone ( I forget what tye name of the rooting hormone that's present in willow )?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks @One drop , I've never heard / seen of something so prolific. Is this something tomatoes are well known for, and do do tomatoes have any beneficial rooting effects on other plant like willow dies when its branches are made into a tea rooting hormone ( I forget what tye name of the rooting hormone that's present in willow )?
Yes tomatoes will push out this type of roots , I have a way that uses this type of rooting if you make a trench and lie the tomatoes down with roots in trench back fill till you get to the growing tip gently turn the tip up so it leaves are above the ground water in and stand back let it produce some great fruit . I’ve one cannabis plant do this back in the late 90’s so I did this extra rooting as well I’m not bullshitting you I got 15 lb of that plant my wife can vouch for me have never had it happen again . OD .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
View attachment 998597That is one of my favorite threads!:)
Old pic of my garden dog,she never steps on anything!She knows that im yelling a lot:DThis is her dust bath:)She loves to dig.
I love having you stop by Ina your a very lovely lady indeed so happy you like this thread I’m pleased it has got some very nice growers who contribute so much . Best regards Jeff aka one drop .

Latest posts

Top Bottom