Dose anyone grow fruit n veg in your back yards .

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harvard

Harvard

It’s the beginning of Michigan morel season here and had these for dinner with filet mignon couple nights ago.
094613DC 7DA1 4EA3 B849 D6057DEDA4E6

Cypress66

Cypress66

No mate in strictly organic in my veggies n fruit my chooks n I make compost year round which is delivered to my beds I use rain water ive collected in my 2 x 1000 lt tanks I have installed I use 90 % my own seed and buy open pollinated seeds from an organic grower further south of me to bluster my seed banks . My next project is aqua gardening using fish in tanks under my chook coop eating there poo to turn it into an even better poo 💩 my wife calls me the king preper , my house is set up on my block very solar passive and has the biggest area in this neighbourhood I have an extra 100 square meters which is why I baught this little burb house my Farden as I call it feeds me every day I have water to drink constantly I’m a very simple man with little ambition but to eat n live as clean and be happy in life I bet you will be able to make a container garden for sure on your balcony . What’s you sun out look how many hrs to you get per day average ?
You have some land area there od living off the land true rastaman jah provides all my wants and needs i got the sunshine rivers and trees must be a great way to live i need to be more in-depth on the way i am doing things regarding the feed as for the balcony the sun is on the balcony for the whole day really best of it is the later part of the day and the panels round it are glass so plenty of light sometimes put my babies out there when they are young they love it and would love to finish them out there the missis is always saying why don’t you lol but I’m interested in getting something going on out there food or herb garden of some kind a friend of mine grows chill plants and he gave me some seeds but I never grew them one was one of the hottest one can’t remember what it was called but it even sounded hot my parents are both very good gardeners always have been my father had jars of all sorts of things blood bonemeal lots more used to get some amazing flowers at this time i was a teenage boy growing up and had no interest in any of that wish that I had the only thing I was trying to grow was a weed plant and I managed a couple of times only bag seeds had a plant growing in my bedroom and my mother loved the look of it used to say how pretty it looked she told me about topping it to make it grow out and I did it died straight after always blamed her for that found out years later she had poured something in the soil to kill it and she had also done it to the other two i had on the garage roof her and my sister used to watch me climbing the ladder to check them out and they were laughing at me my father wasn’t living there at the time but when he found out he was pretty cool about it just laughed but he is a very straight man in general now he thinks it’s something that you should have grown out of a lot of people have that attitude about weed people who have been regular smokers for years now say that to me ain’t you grown out of that yet don’t see it as age related in any way myself very open about it and I will have a conversation about it with anybody about it my son is going on 25 now and when I was still living with his mother and he was about 17 he had been learning about it at school and he said that it is a depressant like alcohol is and lots of other things that was not the truth and we had a great conversation about it he has since tried it himself but he didn’t really like it so he tells me lol wouldn’t encourage it but I wouldn’t encourage him to do smoke or drink all the things he has been seeing me do all of his life just don’t try the heavy shit I never did weed and alcohol bit of sniff never got into speed my mates all did used to like acid in my younger years and the odd e now and again but it has always been the weed and alcohol with me probably drink too much health wise not good but I’m nearly 56 now I’ll be happy to reach 65 for the life I’ve led i think that would be about right i know that I have lived in my life for sure and have been very lucky no regrets really only about the fact that I didn’t start growing years ago when I think about the money that I’ve spent on it and some really poor quality as well saw a comment on here somewhere that most people buying weed wouldn’t know good weed growing teaches you a lot about quality of weed i think anyway going on again ain’t i was thinking what is needed for you to be able to stop me from rambling on is a button that you can press like the dog training collars that gives an electric shock on my keyboard might work going back to the subject any advice from you would be very much appreciated thank you peace ✌️ brother by the way listening to dr altimantado best dressed chicken in town that dude made some of the most amazing sounds old school

Dvorah

Dvorah

Greetings od mashy all you guys are really making me want to get a garden very impressed with the pictures on here must be a great way to relax and enjoy the produce of your work was thinking of growing some chill plants on my balcony maybe with some other things do you use your cannabis nutes when you feed?
I'm fully organic as well. Chickens and worms provide plenty of poop for compost. Gardening is super rewarding. Tonight I'm making nasturtium pesto and rosemary onion focaccia straight outta the garden. Yum! Can't wait until tomatoes start popping!

Cypress66

Cypress66

I'm fully organic as well. Chickens and worms provide plenty of poop for compost. Gardening is super rewarding. Tonight I'm making nasturtium pesto and rosemary onion focaccia straight outta the garden. Yum! Can't wait until tomatoes start popping!
Greetings to you dvorah nice name by the way I have often thought about the organic feed and I have had some chicken manure and some blood fish and bone if they are organic? As I’m showing i don’t have much knowledge about it i moved from soil to coco quite quickly but when in soil i was getting a bit of a problem with small gnat like things that were in the soil they didn’t seem to be doing any harm to the plants they were more annoying than anything not saying it was the soil but that’s what has been the reason why I have stuck with the coco organic appeals to me as I think it’s got to be better than chemicals but is it more of a risk for pests?

mashy

mashy

Greetings od mashy all you guys are really making me want to get a garden very impressed with the pictures on here must be a great way to relax and enjoy the produce of your work was thinking of growing some chill plants on my balcony maybe with some other things do you use your cannabis nutes when you feed?
Hey Cypress, all of my fruit and veges are organic, but I used Cyco nutrients for my cannabis. It was my first grow and wanted to minimise mistakes. Will probably grow organic next season. I mainly use homemade compost (leaves, some food scraps, used coffee grounds, ash, and manure from my chickens and horses next door) and worm juice, with some fish emulsion when plants need a nitrogen boost.

I don't have any water connections so everything I use on the garden is collected rain. Have pumping rights from a creek so I'll be watering from there once I get more fruit trees in.

mashy

mashy

No mate in strictly organic in my veggies n fruit my chooks n I make compost year round which is delivered to my beds I use rain water ive collected in my 2 x 1000 lt tanks I have installed I use 90 % my own seed and buy open pollinated seeds from an organic grower further south of me to bluster my seed banks . My next project is aqua gardening using fish in tanks under my chook coop eating there poo to turn it into an even better poo 💩 my wife calls me the king preper , my house is set up on my block very solar passive and has the biggest area in this neighbourhood I have an extra 100 square meters which is why I baught this little burb house my Farden as I call it feeds me every day I have water to drink constantly I’m a very simple man with little ambition but to eat n live as clean and be happy in life I bet you will be able to make a container garden for sure on your balcony . What’s you sun out look how many hrs to you get per day average ?
Don't underestimate the ambition of living a clean and happy life 😉

mashy

mashy

Sounds great, it's really nice to hear what other people are growing and eating. I'm getting excited for spring already!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Ramping up for this season. All the cukes are suffering from chill injury, pretty sure two of the four aren't going to recover. The peppers got a little bit too but they're bouncing back ok now that they're in the ground. Four varieties of tomatoes planted yesterday, more germinating now, and marigolds planted today as part of my IPM program. Those are red-skinned potatoes over on the far right, can't seem to eradicate the bastards from this raised bed.

Trying something new this year. Will be laying out the cardboard over the soaker hose between rows and around the edges. The idea is it's a natural weed barrier. Then will mulch with ~6" of straw. Hoping overall these two efforts will eliminate the majority of weeding required. Also planning on starting up a batch of LAB then will make a batch of FPJ and really drive this organic, no-till outdoor into the next level this year.

PXL 20210424 231117473

PXL 20210424 231129052

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Ramping up for this season. All the cukes are suffering from chill injury, pretty sure two of the four aren't going to recover. The peppers got a little bit too but they're bouncing back ok now that they're in the ground. Four varieties of tomatoes planted yesterday, more germinating now, and marigolds planted today as part of my IPM program. Those are red-skinned potatoes over on the far right, can't seem to eradicate the bastards from this raised bed.

Trying something new this year. Will be laying out the cardboard over the soaker hose between rows and around the edges. The idea is it's a natural weed barrier. Then will mulch with ~6" of straw. Hoping overall these two efforts will eliminate the majority of weeding required. Also planning on starting up a batch of LAB then will make a batch of FPJ and really drive this organic, no-till outdoor into the next level this year.

View attachment 1116815
View attachment 1116816
On a few days have a look under the cardboard I bet the worms will come to suck the boron out of the glue used in making process worms seek boron as one of the first mineral I've used this method for many many years best way I can find to start the bio activity in your soils . Love it C .

tobh

tobh

Supporter
On a few days have a look under the cardboard I bet the worms will come to suck the boron out of the glue used in making process worms seek boron as one of the first mineral I've used this method for many many years best way I can find to start the bio activity in your soils . Love it C .
I didn't realize that.. good to know! I have a ton of bioactivity out there already, but am always happy to see more. This year's big focus is to really get the microbiology rockin out there. Lots of fungi and bacteria to help loosen up the clay base that the soil is mostly composed of. I tilled in 2" of peat moss, 1" of compost and 1" of horse manure about a month ago and have already noticed the soil not compacting as much, but want to really get the biodiversity cranked up so will be implementing a lot of KNF additives this year plus the organic mulching. Sick of the invasive weeds being such a hassle to keep up with, too.

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

Saw lee Perry and toots they were on the bill with madness at Clapham Common that was a good one ☝️ timeless music 🎧 will last forever new generations appreciating over and over again
Hey I could use some good reggae music. Would you guys mind PM me some good jams and artists educate myself on the reggae music culture. Unfortunately I am young and reggae rock and blues has taken a backseat to other forms of electric music these days. Wish my grandpa was still alive, he had alot of jams from his days growing up in the Virgin Islands that I wish I could remember

Cypress66

Cypress66

Hey I could use some good reggae music. Would you guys mind PM me some good jams and artists educate myself on the reggae music culture. Unfortunately I am young and reggae rock and blues has taken a backseat to other forms of electric music these days. Wish my grandpa was still alive, he had alot of jams from his days growing up in the Virgin Islands that I wish I could remember
No worries there are some great modern artists about protege is cool and chronixx is another one that I listen to a lot but my favourite period of reggae is the late 60s/80s some great legends of reggae music came from that period some of them are going strong today like the legend in lee scratch Perry check his stuff out goes well back to the ska days amazing artist saw him a few years ago with madness and toots and the maytals another one worth checking out the mighty diamonds they are very good barrington levy is always a good choice lots of different styles of reggae barrington has been involved in old school styles and dance hall divine is one of his best Dennis brown Gregory issacs culture if you are a fan of the style i think they called toasting which was the first hip hop music as far as I’m concerned yellow man and eek a mouse joesy Wales had that style laurel aitkein the blue beat years is a great album that man has been around for years I’ve got some of the early things that are the late 50s godfather of ska undistutibley sugar minnot was pure class peter tosh from the wailers that’s a few too try some variety of different styles but there is so much more lots of different styles hope that this has been some help to you peace ✌️

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
No worries there are some great modern artists about protege is cool and chronixx is another one that I listen to a lot but my favourite period of reggae is the late 60s/80s some great legends of reggae music came from that period some of them are going strong today like the legend in lee scratch Perry check his stuff out goes well back to the ska days amazing artist saw him a few years ago with madness and toots and the maytals another one worth checking out the mighty diamonds they are very good barrington levy is always a good choice lots of different styles of reggae barrington has been involved in old school styles and dance hall divine is one of his best Dennis brown Gregory issacs culture if you are a fan of the style i think they called toasting which was the first hip hop music as far as I’m concerned yellow man and eek a mouse joesy Wales had that style laurel aitkein the blue beat years is a great album that man has been around for years I’ve got some of the early things that are the late 50s godfather of ska undistutibley sugar minnot was pure class peter tosh from the wailers that’s a few too try some variety of different styles but there is so much more lots of different styles hope that this has been some help to you peace ✌️
At the moment I just hit utube and run King Shilo he's got a set up playing 24 /7 it's saves me going to the record player to flip the disc .. some good solid artist in that mix C66 . Always forward never backwards .. have a listen to the ON-U sound system ,

Cypress66

Cypress66

How’s the od now this is the main man to help you out with your request piffinout hope your well my friends from Australia must post some pictures of my latest garden haven’t had a gabber with you and mashy for a while peace ✌️ and love one love 💕

Latest posts

Top Bottom