Dose anyone grow fruit n veg in your back yards .

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cypress66

Cypress66

At the moment I just hit utube and run King Shilo he's got a set up playing 24 /7 it's saves me going to the record player to flip the disc .. some good solid artist in that mix C66 . Always forward never backwards .. have a listen to the ON-U sound system ,
Yeah I’m the same YouTube all the way everything is on there dj easy does a lot of good things with lots of great people have you heard snoop dog or should I say lion as he is now called the stuff he is doing now is pretty cool watching him and Eddie Murphy in the studio and they were skanking

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks C66 Twinkle Brothers , Culture, Prince Far I , Steel Pulse , Linton quezy Johnson , just depends on how deep you want to go I would start off with the classics BMW , Peter Tosh , there's lovers rock , I like the Millitant sound myself I speak a Jamaican patawah so I totally know what the rastas say my wife loves dub dance hall style , wind your body wiggle your belly dance and come up to the new style .

Cypress66

Cypress66

Yeah I’m the same YouTube all the way everything is on there dj easy does a lot of good things with lots of great people have you heard snoop dog or should I say lion as he is now called the stuff he is doing now is pretty cool watching him and Eddie Murphy in the studio and they were skanking
Sorry I will be checking out the sound system i remember in the eighties jah Shaka was a big name in the sound system the clash were working with the legend that was mikey dread and they made some great reggae sound bank robber was a great tune he worked with ub40 as well on roots and culture saw him and ub40 at the old Wembley stadium in 85 was a very good day Horace Andy works with massive attack that man is real old school not many white bands that can play reggae music the clash we’re doing good things and ub40 are very respected and they have the same respect for the music but they never will never be in the same league as the original creators of this great music real roots music peace ✌️

Cypress66

Cypress66

Thanks C66 Twinkle Brothers , Culture, Prince Far I , Steel Pulse , Linton quezy Johnson , just depends on how deep you want to go I would start off with the classics BMW , Peter Tosh , there's lovers rock , I like the Millitant sound myself I speak a Jamaican patawah so I totally know what the rastas say my wife loves dub dance hall style , wind your body wiggle your belly dance and come up to the new style .
Didn’t listen to the ragga style in the nineties i think bit too heavy for me barrington was doing a lot of that calibrating with other people i was in a nightclub a while back and they were playing what I would call dance crossover ragga style and two young girls were laughing at me like that they kindly put me right telling me that it was called bashment music just labels they give music today the twinkle brothers that’s a name rung a bell trying to remember what i know them for the jolly brothers conscious man that was lee Perry class

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

Just did my raised rows. Got assorted color bell peppers (orange yellow red green multi), spanish hot peppers, other peppers I can recall. Various onions and green onions, spinach, various red and green lettuce, mesculin, red cabbagge kale, swiss chard, kohlrabi,brussell sprouts, corn, butternut squash, summer squash, zucchini egg plant potato, various carrots and tomatos basil parsley oregano.
The dill and mint and lettuce are also growing wild from last year in my other flower garden and in containers I had left untouched since last year with compost. Grabbed wild green onions and made cream of broccolli and scallion soup the other night with chicken and irish soda bread added.

Had added leaves and dead tree litter and branches to the garden early this spring while I was getting it ready and got it moist every day. Worms loved it. Then I took the layers of compost from it and shovelled it into mounds and then went to the back of my yard where we throw our grass and leaves and fallen trees and collected some prime dirt from under the maple trees. Youd be suprised how many different colors of dirt you can find in your yard. Found red, brown, grey and black soil. The black was full of earthworm castins. Mixed it up in a bin and dumped all that over the compost. Then I installed a weeper hose and spent a lon time makin sure water did its job. Had to mess with the heihts of the hose goin the whole way through to make sure my water was flowin to all the hoses for the rows Was quiet a tedious process... wish my pipin system could pump more water so I wouldnt need to rely on ravity so much but oh well. work with what you got

In any case. I will post my operation in a seperate thread and share it here. I got a bunch of jijffy strips for super cheap from home depot. What a steal. load up and will probably get a few boxes for next year. Peppers and tomatos and kale and chard and the various herbs I have seem like they would do well in the jjiffy strips. I take it root crops are a no no? I feel like there is no point in doin glettuce in them as I get so many seeds in the packets Id end up buyin the whole store of them. Lettuce also tends to ggrow quick and thick here especially under the afternoon shade so Im not worried about it. Anything else that would go ood with the jiffy strips to start.

Also, after all I have mentioned. What do you guys think will be the best companion planting. Ive got 4 raised rows to work with. Send pics tomorrow. Lets keep this thread alive boyos!!

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I absolutely love gardening already and with the laws in Illinois finally allowing legal marijuana growing I said why not? As for my veggies I grow various varieties of tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and zucchini. I want to grow beans again but need to make the right setup for them. Growing my marijuana and veggies is very therapeutic for me. I’ve struggled with opiate addiction for years and being able to grow my own medicine and tending to my garden on a daily basis has been life saving for me. I have a beautiful 11 month old son and I wonderful woman in my life and have so much to live for. Also connecting with so many amazing knowledgeable growers on this forum has been great for my mental health much love to you all 🙌🙏🙌

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Working on it!
I've been repurposing a lot of things retired from my indoor grow room into the outdoors for food production.
I'm reusing old soils, containers, an ebb & flow table, and even a LED grow light.
Last year was a mere test to see if my plan would work and it did so this year I've gone all in on the project even moving in some old pavers and decomposed granite and making kind of a pad for gardening.
Next project is to get an autowaterer going using old parts from a drip feed system and a 15 gallon water tank.
My soil is compacted clay and my climate is often hot and drought stricken so raised beds and container gardens are usually the choice for gardeners in my zone.
The tomatoes are growing like a wildfire and yesterday I saw the first baby mater of the year! 🎉
I'm also growing peppers, green and yellow summer squash, cukes, rosemary, and cantaloupe

View attachment 970992

View attachment 970993

View attachment 970994
I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing! I’m on my first indoor grow and I’m gonna save and re amend my soil and cook it for next year’s vegetable garden. Also going to be using some of my organic dry amendments I use for my marijuana on the veggie garden this year along with the compost teas I brew

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Half the seeds are in, veggies, sunflowers, and many flowers for the friendly 🐝s. Didn't have the greenhouse up soon enough, a little behind with it all.
IMG 20210526 1733573772
And there are various berries patches and fruit trees all over the yard. Only been here a few years. Will take a few more to get it all running smoothly. Labor of love 💕😎

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You saw my African violets here is my cacti. I have had that green plant over 10 years cloned it 8 times cacti 3 times, dont know what it is and it does nothing, my sister killed it and there was 1 green twig put in plant food and water till i had roots and had it 10 years. The cacti was smaller than my thumb when i got it but it has yet to flower naturally.

20210527 175827
20180623 100019
20191027 103007
SativaBob

SativaBob

Great thread! All the crops look awesome. Gardening and reggae music are 2 of my biggest passions. Been a fan of both for most of my life. Here are some of the most recent stuff we've had going on here... strawberries, blueberries and hazelnuts right now. We're also growing cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe, greenbeans, yellow squash, and a variety of peppers. We went pretty big last year so we decided to tone is down a bit this season.

IMG 20210623 161728 636
IMG 20210616 211658 451
20210616 175230

Latest posts

Top Bottom